• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#21 Hockey13Playa

Hockey13Playa

Here's my card.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,413 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 11:10 PM

How about Franzen for the rights to Semin? Anything to get rid of the god awful length of that contract. Then just let Semin walk if he wants anymore than 4M.

George McPhee would be pretty stupid to say the least if he was to accept an offer like that, taking on that contract. Also in the opposite side of things I think we would be stupid to do that as well. I don't think Franzen's stock is all that high but to basically give him to the Caps for Semin (Who I doubt we would retain) is just idiotic. Plain and simple, its bad both ways you look at it.

Posted Image

#22 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 12:01 AM

Happyto see that everyone loves the Helm. I was hoping the Mule would be involved in a trade somehow, but Im not sure Kindl is what they would want there. To lose a player like Helm or Flip (not that he was mentioned, im just sayin') would be huge, those two along with Howard, Z and Dats are untouchable imo.
....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#23 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 01:14 AM

So we lose our top goal scorer and get what in return?

#24 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 07:41 AM

I would consider Laich and Green for Franzen and Kindl

this exactly. Helm is too valuable in the bottom 6. Green is a defensive liability, so he'd go 1 for 1 with Franzen, the one who floats. Laich would be 1 for 1 with Kindl...so not sure why the "responsible trading" Wings would in any way entertain a trade for those 2 involving Helm. The guy who wrote the article must be a big Caps fan. As much as i despise Franzen and his terrible work ethic half the time, he still is worth as much as that fugly dickhead Green.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#25 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,560 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 07:53 AM

1) No way we get rid of Helm.
2) While Green could replace Lidstrom's offensive production, it would make us much worse defensively.

And as frustrated as we all get with Franzen at times, people seem to forget he's our leading goal scorer, you don't just dump that. If we got rid of Franzen and got Parise, we didn't improve (except in work ethic) offensively.

Edited by VM1138, 04 June 2012 - 07:55 AM.

Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#26 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,141 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 08:04 AM

1) No way we get rid of Helm.
2) While Green could replace Lidstrom's offensive production, it would make us much worse defensively.

And as frustrated as we all get with Franzen at times, people seem to forget he's our leading goal scorer, you don't just dump that. If we got rid of Franzen and got Parise, we didn't improve (except in work ethic) offensively.

Ahhh yes, but if we lost Franzen, Kindl, and someone like Helm (but NOT Helm)and gained Greene, Laich, and Parise as a UFA signing, we would improve.

But this trade on it's own is, more or less, spinning tires.
"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#27 Hey man nice shot!

Hey man nice shot!

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 08:27 AM

Well apparently the d man will score 28+ goals lol

Edited by Hey man nice shot!, 04 June 2012 - 08:28 AM.

#28 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,141 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 08:32 AM

Greene and Laich would easily combine for 30 goals, same as Franzen + Kindl, if that's what you're worried about.
"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#29 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 09:09 AM

No way the Wings trade Helm
IPB Image

#30 AtomicPunk

AtomicPunk

Nobody rules these streets at night like me...

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,103 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 12:19 PM

Honestly, I like the THOUGHT of this trade, getting rid of a player on our team who is productive to a point, but still not working as hard as I think he should and has a huge long term contract. I watched a lot of the Caps games and Laich and Carlson stood out as tough(er), gritty players who I would like on our roster. I like Mike Green and think he will have a bounceback in our system. Washington changed from an offensive goal scoring team from a defense first team, which probably is not his forte. Put him out there with a defensive defenseman and it might cover up his deficiencies in that area a little.
I feel the Wings need to do more than sign a few free agents and go a little deeper. The core is not all right.
AND I DO NOT WANT HELM INVOLVED IN THAT TRADE. We need MORE Helms, not less.
I am a victim of the science age...the underground.

Feed the Swede! - RETIRED 2012

#31 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 12:26 PM

Green is a defensive liability who has played a total of eighty-one regular season games...over the last two seasons.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#32 xtrememachine1

xtrememachine1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,433 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 12:34 PM

Green is terrible on defense and Franzen is a 30 goal scorer at a $3.9 cap hit, I wouldn't mind a few more of those. No way should we trade Helm either. That would be like the 90's Wings trading Draper.

Edited by xtrememachine1, 04 June 2012 - 12:35 PM.

#33 Pucks

Pucks

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 12:49 PM

That is A Horrible trade proposal.

Welcome to the playoffs....where the games get better and the officiating gets worse.

#34 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,990 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 02:59 PM

Short answer: No

Long answer: Noooooooooooooo

Helm is the straw that stirs the drink that is the bottom 6 as was seen in the Nashville series as soon as he went down. No way Kenny trades off Draper 2.0.

#35 pucktividi

pucktividi

the usual suspect

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 03:42 PM

Saw this speculation somewhere(Malik report,me thinks)and to be honest I'd trade Franzen for Laich.

Laich might never reach 30 goals per season,but he's very versatile forward who can play both winger and center,and is capable to play on scoring or checking line and PP and PK as well.He's a type of player we've been missing the recent Playoffs.

And Helm's gonna be a Wing for life...mark it :)

Edited by pucktividi, 04 June 2012 - 03:59 PM.

#36 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 04:54 PM

I'm all for trading Franzen but none of those Caps players interests me. Helm is not going anywhere. Kindl is like that liver spot on an old man's head. You know it"s there but try to ignore it.
Jordan Tootoo will wreck shop.

We need someone like Parise that can penetrate the box.-blueadams

#37 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,698 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 06:12 PM

I'd trade Franzen and J. Andersson for Alex Burrows....oh wait, that wasn't the question...:lol: Sorry!

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Nestrasil, yes...Cleary....No!

Dump Q and K Now!

#38 DangleDangleBeach

DangleDangleBeach

BIG PAV DANGLE HARD

• Pip
  • 145 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 06:20 PM

anyone else find it ironic mike green was the draft pick involved when we got raped in the fleischman for lang deal? now they want to trade us green "back" and rob us again... whats with these bastards?!?

#39 T-Ruff

T-Ruff

BAMF

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 06:33 PM

Don't want to trade Helm but would love to get Laich somehow.

anyone else find it ironic mike green was the draft pick involved when we got raped in the fleischman for lang deal? now they want to trade us green "back" and rob us again... whats with these bastards?!?

Lang was the leading scorer in the league at the time he was acquired, that trade is a far cry from a "raping".

Edited by T-Ruff, 04 June 2012 - 06:34 PM.

#40 DangleDangleBeach

DangleDangleBeach

BIG PAV DANGLE HARD

• Pip
  • 145 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 07:03 PM

Don't want to trade Helm but would love to get Laich somehow.

Lang was the leading scorer in the league at the time he was acquired, that trade is a far cry from a "raping".

yeah at the time we seemed to be making out pretty good but it never worked out as expected and to be honest, lang was a far cry from the player he was with washington for us (maybe had to do with jagr idk). regardless, i would rather have the fleischman green package looking back

hindsight is always 20/20, but we got the shortend of the stick here no matter how you slice it.