• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Diluvian04

Would you make this trade?

Rate this topic

1) No way we get rid of Helm.

2) While Green could replace Lidstrom's offensive production, it would make us much worse defensively.

And as frustrated as we all get with Franzen at times, people seem to forget he's our leading goal scorer, you don't just dump that. If we got rid of Franzen and got Parise, we didn't improve (except in work ethic) offensively.

Ahhh yes, but if we lost Franzen, Kindl, and someone like Helm (but NOT Helm)and gained Greene, Laich, and Parise as a UFA signing, we would improve.

But this trade on it's own is, more or less, spinning tires.

Honestly, I like the THOUGHT of this trade, getting rid of a player on our team who is productive to a point, but still not working as hard as I think he should and has a huge long term contract. I watched a lot of the Caps games and Laich and Carlson stood out as tough(er), gritty players who I would like on our roster. I like Mike Green and think he will have a bounceback in our system. Washington changed from an offensive goal scoring team from a defense first team, which probably is not his forte. Put him out there with a defensive defenseman and it might cover up his deficiencies in that area a little.

I feel the Wings need to do more than sign a few free agents and go a little deeper. The core is not all right.

AND I DO NOT WANT HELM INVOLVED IN THAT TRADE. We need MORE Helms, not less.

Saw this speculation somewhere(Malik report,me thinks)and to be honest I'd trade Franzen for Laich.

Laich might never reach 30 goals per season,but he's very versatile forward who can play both winger and center,and is capable to play on scoring or checking line and PP and PK as well.He's a type of player we've been missing the recent Playoffs.

And Helm's gonna be a Wing for life...mark it :)

Edited by pucktividi

Guest Hatethedrake!

I'm all for trading Franzen but none of those Caps players interests me. Helm is not going anywhere. Kindl is like that liver spot on an old man's head. You know it"s there but try to ignore it.

Don't want to trade Helm but would love to get Laich somehow.

anyone else find it ironic mike green was the draft pick involved when we got raped in the fleischman for lang deal? now they want to trade us green "back" and rob us again... whats with these bastards?!?

Lang was the leading scorer in the league at the time he was acquired, that trade is a far cry from a "raping".

Edited by T-Ruff

Don't want to trade Helm but would love to get Laich somehow.

Lang was the leading scorer in the league at the time he was acquired, that trade is a far cry from a "raping".

yeah at the time we seemed to be making out pretty good but it never worked out as expected and to be honest, lang was a far cry from the player he was with washington for us (maybe had to do with jagr idk). regardless, i would rather have the fleischman green package looking back

hindsight is always 20/20, but we got the shortend of the stick here no matter how you slice it.

Guest Crymson

anyone else find it ironic mike green was the draft pick involved when we got raped in the fleischman for lang deal? now they want to trade us green "back" and rob us again... whats with these bastards?!?

How is it that we got raped in that trade? The Capitals happened to use that draft pick on Green. They could just as easily have picked someone else who turned out to be a complete bust. Lang was leading the league in scoring when the Wings traded for him, and he was one of the few players who showed up in the playoffs that season.

yeah at the time we seemed to be making out pretty good but it never worked out as expected and to be honest, lang was a far cry from the player he was with washington for us (maybe had to do with jagr idk). regardless, i would rather have the fleischman green package looking back

hindsight is always 20/20, but we got the shortend of the stick here no matter how you slice it.

Your point is based on the highly dubious supposition that the Wings would have selected Green with that pick.

Guest blueadams

I sure love this lineup. Losing Helm sucks, but gaining a right-handed shot like Green is huge.

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER

My Custom Lineup

FORWARDS

Zach Parise ($7.000m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Shane Doan ($5.000m)

Gustav Nyquist ($0.875m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m)

Danny Cleary ($2.800m) / Brooks Laich ($4.500m) / Todd Bertuzzi ($2.075m)

Drew Miller ($0.838m) / Justin Abdelkader ($0.866m) / Patrick Eaves ($1.200m)

Cory Emmerton ($0.533m) / Jan Mursak ($0.550m) /

DEFENSEMEN

Ryan Suter ($7.000m) / Mike Green ($5.000m)

Niklas Kronwall ($4.750m) / Ian White ($2.875m)

Brendan Smith ($0.875m) / Jonathan Ericsson ($3.250m)

Doug Janik ($0.513m) /

GOALTENDERS

Jimmy Howard ($2.250m)

Joey MacDonald ($0.550m)

------

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)

SALARY CAP: $70,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $69,082,917; BONUSES: $37,500

CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $1,217,083

This type of stuff is kinda funny, and to be expected. According to capgeek, larich has a no trade clause. Which then brings about the questions on the source of this trade rumor. But this is what the off season is for. So let's play along for a few.

green is a 26 year old 6-2/210 RH shooting Dman, that is a RFA. When healthy he is good for 25+ goals and 70 points.

Larich is a 29 year old 6-2/210 LH shooting C/LW. he is signed through the 2016/2017 season. While not a fighter, he does play a pretty tough style of hockey.he is good for 20+ goals per year and about 50 points.

Now what would we be losing?

Kindl. he is a 25 year old 6-3/215 Lh shooting dman, that might be max'd out as a #7. No real loss here.

Helm. A 25 year old 6-0/180 LH shooting checking C. yes he is a good penalty killer. Might be the fastest man in the NHL. He also has his own injury issues. No not long term ones, but misses 10-15 games per year, including this years playoffs, with nagging injuries due to his lack of size.

Franzen. 33 year old LW/RW that is 6-3/220. When he is hot, he is the best player in the NHL. Problem is the other 55-60 games of the season when he does nothing. He also is signed for 8 more seasons!

Now it really would be a matter of health for green. What where his injuries? Are these injuries a product of the change in style the past 2 years? Or something more chronic and long lasting? I have not idea. Green is at his best, with the puck on his stick, which means his style fits us to a tee! If the doctors give the ok, i would do this deal. We would pick up about 3-4 million in salary. But we would still have plenty of money left to add some more.

I sure love this lineup. Losing Helm sucks, but gaining a right-handed shot like Green is huge.

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER

My Custom Lineup

FORWARDS

Zach Parise ($7.000m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Shane Doan ($5.000m)

Gustav Nyquist ($0.875m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m)

Danny Cleary ($2.800m) / Brooks Laich ($4.500m) / Todd Bertuzzi ($2.075m)

Drew Miller ($0.838m) / Justin Abdelkader ($0.866m) / Patrick Eaves ($1.200m)

Cory Emmerton ($0.533m) / Jan Mursak ($0.550m) /

DEFENSEMEN

Ryan Suter ($7.000m) / Mike Green ($5.000m)

Niklas Kronwall ($4.750m) / Ian White ($2.875m)

Brendan Smith ($0.875m) / Jonathan Ericsson ($3.250m)

Doug Janik ($0.513m) /

GOALTENDERS

Jimmy Howard ($2.250m)

Joey MacDonald ($0.550m)

------

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)

SALARY CAP: $70,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $69,082,917; BONUSES: $37,500

CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $1,217,083

...does anyone think that Blue is the user with most visit to capgeek.com? He has got to be their most loyal customer there. It's another nice fantasy roster, but again, Helm won't be traded...stranger things yes, but Helm is the aorta to the Heart of the Red Wings...Behind Pav and Hank, he is about the next most important forward...

...does anyone think that Blue is the user with most visit to capgeek.com? He has got to be their most loyal customer there. It's another nice fantasy roster, but again, Helm won't be traded...stranger things yes, but Helm is the aorta to the Heart of the Red Wings...Behind Pav and Hank, he is about the next most important forward...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but was it not you that said that Helm was not worth 2 million? But now today "he's the third most valuable forward on the team"

I agree with you today. Helmer's our bottom 6 MVP. He will get 2 million plus. And he won't be holding anyone hostage get it. You guys putting him down for less than 1.5 into your cap geek calculations are in for a let down.

Ps left winger: I loved the earlier version of your dream roster. What happened?

Best player in the NHL? At his best he isnt even the best player on his team...

Id take these players over Franzen at his 'best'.

Crosby

Ovechkin

Kovalchuk

Kopitar

Toews

Giroux

Stamkos

Malkin

The list goes on.

How many of them have avergaed over a point per game in the playoffs? Franzen did it 3 years in a row. Which means that, yes when he is hot there is no one better. Which those with a good understanding of the English langauge would have understood by my post.

How many of them have avergaed over a point per game in the playoffs? Franzen did it 3 years in a row. Which means that, yes when he is hot there is no one better. Which those with a good understanding of the English langauge would have understood by my post.

I understood it fine, but it's such a vague point. For one game this season Sam Gagner was the best player in the NHL, and the same can be said for dozens of other players every year that get hot streaks. Guys are gonna get hot, and some (Gagner) are just gonna get flat out lucky, but having a dozen or two great games of an 82 game season doesn't hack it, and it doesn't determine the overall class of a player's skill. It's for that reason that I don't put Franzen in the ranks of the guys mentioned above, if he can show more consistency and those 55-60 games where he sleeps can turn into production then maybe we'll see the value in the contract the Wings gave him and his real potential can be shown.

I assumed he was the founder and creator of the site. :lol: