• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#41 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 08:13 PM

anyone else find it ironic mike green was the draft pick involved when we got raped in the fleischman for lang deal? now they want to trade us green "back" and rob us again... whats with these bastards?!?

How is it that we got raped in that trade? The Capitals happened to use that draft pick on Green. They could just as easily have picked someone else who turned out to be a complete bust. Lang was leading the league in scoring when the Wings traded for him, and he was one of the few players who showed up in the playoffs that season.

yeah at the time we seemed to be making out pretty good but it never worked out as expected and to be honest, lang was a far cry from the player he was with washington for us (maybe had to do with jagr idk). regardless, i would rather have the fleischman green package looking back

hindsight is always 20/20, but we got the shortend of the stick here no matter how you slice it.

Your point is based on the highly dubious supposition that the Wings would have selected Green with that pick.

#42 blueadams

blueadams

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 08:44 PM

I sure love this lineup. Losing Helm sucks, but gaining a right-handed shot like Green is huge.

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER
My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Zach Parise ($7.000m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Shane Doan ($5.000m)
Gustav Nyquist ($0.875m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m)
Danny Cleary ($2.800m) / Brooks Laich ($4.500m) / Todd Bertuzzi ($2.075m)
Drew Miller ($0.838m) / Justin Abdelkader ($0.866m) / Patrick Eaves ($1.200m)
Cory Emmerton ($0.533m) / Jan Mursak ($0.550m) /
DEFENSEMEN
Ryan Suter ($7.000m) / Mike Green ($5.000m)
Niklas Kronwall ($4.750m) / Ian White ($2.875m)
Brendan Smith ($0.875m) / Jonathan Ericsson ($3.250m)
Doug Janik ($0.513m) /
GOALTENDERS
Jimmy Howard ($2.250m)
Joey MacDonald ($0.550m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $70,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $69,082,917; BONUSES: $37,500
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $1,217,083

#43 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,949 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 08:53 PM

This type of stuff is kinda funny, and to be expected. According to capgeek, larich has a no trade clause. Which then brings about the questions on the source of this trade rumor. But this is what the off season is for. So let's play along for a few.

green is a 26 year old 6-2/210 RH shooting Dman, that is a RFA. When healthy he is good for 25+ goals and 70 points.
Larich is a 29 year old 6-2/210 LH shooting C/LW. he is signed through the 2016/2017 season. While not a fighter, he does play a pretty tough style of hockey.he is good for 20+ goals per year and about 50 points.

Now what would we be losing?

Kindl. he is a 25 year old 6-3/215 Lh shooting dman, that might be max'd out as a #7. No real loss here.

Helm. A 25 year old 6-0/180 LH shooting checking C. yes he is a good penalty killer. Might be the fastest man in the NHL. He also has his own injury issues. No not long term ones, but misses 10-15 games per year, including this years playoffs, with nagging injuries due to his lack of size.

Franzen. 33 year old LW/RW that is 6-3/220. When he is hot, he is the best player in the NHL. Problem is the other 55-60 games of the season when he does nothing. He also is signed for 8 more seasons!

Now it really would be a matter of health for green. What where his injuries? Are these injuries a product of the change in style the past 2 years? Or something more chronic and long lasting? I have not idea. Green is at his best, with the puck on his stick, which means his style fits us to a tee! If the doctors give the ok, i would do this deal. We would pick up about 3-4 million in salary. But we would still have plenty of money left to add some more.

#44 SaCkaveli20

SaCkaveli20

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 08:58 PM

Best player in the NHL? At his best he isnt even the best player on his team...
Id take these players over Franzen at his 'best'.
Crosby
Ovechkin
Kovalchuk
Kopitar
Toews
Giroux
Stamkos
Malkin

The list goes on.

#45 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,732 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 09:21 PM

Franzen is the best at nothing...best in the NHL? :hysterical:

Have I mentioned Helm is a no trade? Helm will be Captain after Zetterberg retires, Helm is here for life...

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Nestrasil, yes...Cleary....No!

Dump Q and K Now!

#46 Hockey13Playa

Hockey13Playa

Here's my card.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,413 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 09:32 PM

Oh lord please save me from all these stupid posts... "Franzen the best in the NHL", did you have your dose of bath salts today or something? Please don't eat my face! :ph34r:

Posted Image

#47 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

• Silver Booster
  • 8,732 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 09:51 PM

I sure love this lineup. Losing Helm sucks, but gaining a right-handed shot like Green is huge.

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER
My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Zach Parise ($7.000m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Shane Doan ($5.000m)
Gustav Nyquist ($0.875m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m)
Danny Cleary ($2.800m) / Brooks Laich ($4.500m) / Todd Bertuzzi ($2.075m)
Drew Miller ($0.838m) / Justin Abdelkader ($0.866m) / Patrick Eaves ($1.200m)
Cory Emmerton ($0.533m) / Jan Mursak ($0.550m) /
DEFENSEMEN
Ryan Suter ($7.000m) / Mike Green ($5.000m)
Niklas Kronwall ($4.750m) / Ian White ($2.875m)
Brendan Smith ($0.875m) / Jonathan Ericsson ($3.250m)
Doug Janik ($0.513m) /
GOALTENDERS
Jimmy Howard ($2.250m)
Joey MacDonald ($0.550m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $70,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $69,082,917; BONUSES: $37,500
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $1,217,083

...does anyone think that Blue is the user with most visit to capgeek.com? He has got to be their most loyal customer there. It's another nice fantasy roster, but again, Helm won't be traded...stranger things yes, but Helm is the aorta to the Heart of the Red Wings...Behind Pav and Hank, he is about the next most important forward...

www.thinkdunes.com

Dump Q and K Now!

#48 HelmFan

HelmFan

Rookie

• Pip
  • 146 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:36 PM

...does anyone think that Blue is the user with most visit to capgeek.com? He has got to be their most loyal customer there. It's another nice fantasy roster, but again, Helm won't be traded...stranger things yes, but Helm is the aorta to the Heart of the Red Wings...Behind Pav and Hank, he is about the next most important forward...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but was it not you that said that Helm was not worth 2 million? But now today "he's the third most valuable forward on the team"

I agree with you today. Helmer's our bottom 6 MVP. He will get 2 million plus. And he won't be holding anyone hostage get it. You guys putting him down for less than 1.5 into your cap geek calculations are in for a let down.

Ps left winger: I loved the earlier version of your dream roster. What happened?

#49 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,949 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:55 PM

Best player in the NHL? At his best he isnt even the best player on his team...
Id take these players over Franzen at his 'best'.
Crosby
Ovechkin
Kovalchuk
Kopitar
Toews
Giroux
Stamkos
Malkin

The list goes on.

How many of them have avergaed over a point per game in the playoffs? Franzen did it 3 years in a row. Which means that, yes when he is hot there is no one better. Which those with a good understanding of the English langauge would have understood by my post.

#50 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,229 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 02:30 AM

How many of them have avergaed over a point per game in the playoffs? Franzen did it 3 years in a row. Which means that, yes when he is hot there is no one better. Which those with a good understanding of the English langauge would have understood by my post.

I understood it fine, but it's such a vague point. For one game this season Sam Gagner was the best player in the NHL, and the same can be said for dozens of other players every year that get hot streaks. Guys are gonna get hot, and some (Gagner) are just gonna get flat out lucky, but having a dozen or two great games of an 82 game season doesn't hack it, and it doesn't determine the overall class of a player's skill. It's for that reason that I don't put Franzen in the ranks of the guys mentioned above, if he can show more consistency and those 55-60 games where he sleeps can turn into production then maybe we'll see the value in the contract the Wings gave him and his real potential can be shown.

I assumed he was the founder and creator of the site. :lol:

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#51 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 02:50 AM

I love helm but I want this trade to happen

#52 EastonWings

EastonWings

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 03:09 AM

Jim Matheson reports Red Wings GM Ken Holland is believed eyeing potential UFAs Ryan Suter (Nashville) and Zach Parise (New Jersey) if they aren’t re-signed by their respective clubs, and would be willing to trade for their negotiating rights. He also observed an “intriguing” trade proposal from the web  in which “the Washington Capitals trading Mike Green and centre Brooks Laich to the Red Wings for Johan Franzen, Darren Helm and (Jakub) Kindl”

Reported from spectorshockey.net

#53 EastonWings

EastonWings

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 03:19 AM

As much as helm assets is valuable. This deal would help the wings assuming we sign parise and suter. It gives you two really good defensman. Green would be ideal for quarter backing the power play. Tatar,Jurco others are waiting to come up. so we'd have young fresh legs with speed. Not sure the wings move franzen tho being his contract is cap friendly. Wings outta focus on free agency first tho. Let's get suter a d Justin Shultz first.

Edited by EastonWings, 05 June 2012 - 03:21 AM.

#54 Ally

Ally

just figured out how to change my title

• PipPip
  • 491 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 04:17 AM

Helm. A 25 year old 6-0/180 LH shooting checking C. yes he is a good penalty killer. Might be the fastest man in the NHL. He also has his own injury issues. No not long term ones, but misses 10-15 games per year, including this years playoffs, with nagging injuries due to his lack of size.

Did I miss something? MAYBE you can blame the knee injury on size but I'm almost positive that a skate to the arm isn't size related.

"Everything he does is exciting to watch.” -Holmstrom describes Datsyuk

#55 SaCkaveli20

SaCkaveli20

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 06:35 AM

Hey, I like Franzen as much as the next guy but saying he is the BEST player in the league is absolutely ridiculous.

#56 Dimaline312000

Dimaline312000

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:02 AM

I couldn't allow Helm to go in this deal but I if it didn't include him I'd seriously consider it. I still think the Wings would come out better IF THEY GOT Parise and Suter.

#57 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:20 AM

I couldn't allow Helm to go in this deal but I if it didn't include him I'd seriously consider it. I still think the Wings would come out better IF THEY GOT Parise and Suter.

Making this deal while acquiring Suter really solidifies our D... Hypothetically I think Ericsson plays on the 2nd pairing with White on the 3rd I really like the strides Ericsson has made and I think Babcock does too

#58 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,949 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 11:31 AM

Hey, I like Franzen as much as the next guy but saying he is the BEST player in the league is absolutely ridiculous.

Heres the thing. I can't stand franzen. Every year he has one of the 12 games to 20 games scoring streaks where he is the best around, and then he disappears. When he is scoring he skates hard, plays D and checks people. When he isn't scoring he doesn't do any of those things. You can live with streaky scorers. it happens all the time. What drives me nuts is guys that don't work hard shift after shift, game after game.

To the guy that said keep Franzen because "his contract is cap friendly', no it isn't. he is 33 now and will be making 4 million per year for 8 more freaking years!

The arm cut the Helm suffered was a fluke. But he spends much of the year playing banged up or misses games because he is so small.

#59 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,333 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 11:34 AM

Franzen annoys me, but you're essentially trading Laich for Fanzen and Helm/Kindl for Green. The latter would be a steal, but trading our leading goal scorer for Laich is a terrrrrible trade.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#60 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

• Silver Booster
  • 8,732 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 11:38 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but was it not you that said that Helm was not worth 2 million? But now today "he's the third most valuable forward on the team"

I agree with you today. Helmer's our bottom 6 MVP. He will get 2 million plus. And he won't be holding anyone hostage get it. You guys putting him down for less than 1.5 into your cap geek calculations are in for a let down.

Ps left winger: I loved the earlier version of your dream roster. What happened?

I know he is very valuable to this team, but I just don't see $2M+...but hey, Holland paid Ericsson a lot hoping by time he hits his prime it will be a bargain, so maybe he'll do the same with Helm...

regarding my earlier roster, I obviously lost Lidstrom and Vokoun, so I went with Harding and took the $6.2M that Lids would've made and tried to upgrade a bit with the extra cash. I got rid of Emmerton and Mursak, bumped Franzen back with Z and added Doan. Also figured I would try to upgrade my 4th line by having Moen on there, thus making Eaves and Miller the rotating 13th/14th forwards... In the end, I can do or don't without Moen, but would love to see Dats flanked by Parise and Doan...

EDIT: Also, I am trying to keep it somewhat realistic...I would love to trade Franzen and Cleary, but I just don't think Holland feels the same as me! :lol:

Edited by LeftWinger, 05 June 2012 - 11:40 AM.

www.thinkdunes.com

Dump Q and K Now!