• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Diluvian04

Vokoun moved to Pittsburgh for a 7th Round pick.

Rate this topic

Good job, Shero. The team is having cap space problems and you sign back-up goalie for $2 mil. :rolleyes:

There also having issues in net, even though vokoun had a bad season last year. This will be a motivation for fleury to start playing more consistant or lose to a well established goalie.

Edited by Hey man nice shot!

Good move for PIT. I guess Vokoun will have to play the backup role after all.

Don't put it past Vokoun to steal the starting job. Fluery has been great at times but he's still defined by his inconsistency. Meanwhile Vokoun was one of the better goalies in the league before his off year with the Caps. I'd bet Vokoun is the starter by playoff time.

There also having issues in net, even though vokoun had a bad season last year. This will be a motivation for fleury to start playing more consistant or lose to a well established goalie.

Not really. Fluery actually had a pretty good season going 42-17 with a 2.36 GAA and a .913 SV%

His playoff numbers weren't good at all but that series was a joke. They are just looking for someone to take a little load off Fleury. He is always going to be the starter there.

Good trade for Pitt. The Red Wings shouldn't be so precious with their picks and look for deals like this. It is the good little parts of a team that make a winning team, not just the big splash free agents. Turn over a few rocks, Kenny.

Good trade for Pitt. The Red Wings shouldn't be so precious with their picks and look for deals like this. It is the good little parts of a team that make a winning team, not just the big splash free agents. Turn over a few rocks, Kenny.

LOL that's funny. Most of the posts on this board are about how Holland doesn't make big deals and makes all these little minor ones like trading for Quincey, signing White and Conklin. Here we have the exact opposite. Damned if you do and damned if you don't. ;)

Well, my thought behind that was that I don't feel Bertuzzi, Cleary, Hudler, Filppula, even Abdelkader are players that can't be traded or upgraded. Watching the playoffs and seeing the teams that are left and the effort they are showing night after night (or every 3rd night, thanks NBC) makes me want more heart and grit on our roster. We need to look beyond the #1 and #2 signings and shake up the core as well.

Good move for PIT. I guess Vokoun will have to play the backup role after all.

Not necessarily. With as inconsistent as Fleury plays, it could be a 1a 1b situation. At the very least this should put the heat on him to keep his level of game up. It's not exactly a vote of confidence in Fleury from the Pens organization. I'm sure Vokoun is there to try and win the starting job, not be a backup.

Not necessarily. With as inconsistent as Fleury plays, it could be a 1a 1b situation. At the very least this should put the heat on him to keep his level of game up. It's not exactly a vote of confidence in Fleury from the Pens organization. I'm sure Vokoun is there to try and win the starting job, not be a backup.

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking too. Vokoun didn't come to Detroit because he wanted to be the starter. I doubt that's changed, which means maybe he believes he has a chance to be the starter in Pittsburgh or maybe Shero has plans to move Fleury. Putting heat on Fleury could be a good thing, but then again, it could be something that makes him worse. He's been good in the regular season, just not the playoffs recently. There's more pressure in the playoffs, which leads me to believe pressure isn't what he needs right now.

Guest Hatethedrake!

I have a feeling Harding is going to go to Tampa.

You could be right.

Awwwwww....Poop! Guess that part of my "roster" won't happen now... I didn't think he would get $2M per year anyhow...too expensive for my "roster." Guess I will jump on the Harding bus until he is either here or gone... Vokoun well worth the 7th round pick, but $2M is pushing the limit...I was thinking more like $1M since he signed in WAS for $1.5M and lost his starting job to a rookie on an EL contract, that doesn't sound like he deserves too much of a raise, but this is probably why the CBA is gonna be a doozy again this year! I hope this doesn't mean the "top" UFA's will be getting $9M & $10M offers....

EDIT: Didn't know this, but I just saw that Nabokov re-signed a year with the Ilses...$2.750M. So much for not wanting to be there and so goes his chance at a Cup! I guess I'd rather see him stay there, than go to a rival!

Edited by LeftWinger