• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Diluvian04

Vokoun moved to Pittsburgh for a 7th Round pick.

Rate this topic

Why would Washington trade him to a rival for such a low pick?

I didn't think Vokoun played all that badly for the Caps.

Good question...maybe Shero was the only one to answer the phone...I just wonder if Holland is gonna stay with Mac or upgrade....

Good trade for Pitt. The Red Wings shouldn't be so precious with their picks and look for deals like this. It is the good little parts of a team that make a winning team, not just the big splash free agents. Turn over a few rocks, Kenny.

I don't know if it was the picks, they may not have wanted sign the guy for 2 years and pay him $2M. Jimmy is only at $2.25 and will be a UFA after this year. He would likely get a more substantial raise if his backup is signed for that year at $2M.

Good question...maybe Shero was the only one to answer the phone...I just wonder if Holland is gonna stay with Mac or upgrade....

I thought Kenny already said JMac was starting in GR, but I could be wrong.

I don't know if it was the picks, they may not have wanted sign the guy for 2 years and pay him $2M. Jimmy is only at $2.25 and will be a UFA after this year. He would likely get a more substantial raise if his backup is signed for that year at $2M.

Exactly...I think Holland wants to stay around the $800-$1.2M range for a backup...I am glad he didn't trade and sign him for $2M...

Exactly...I think Holland wants to stay around the $800-$1.2M range for a backup...I am glad he didn't trade and sign him for $2M...

Yep a lot of people are saying great for Pitt but they now have $7M locked up in their two goalies for the next two years. That two year contract for Vokoun seems dumb to me what with their looming cap problems i.e. Crosby and Staal both being UFA's next year and not a lot of cap space. The only way it makes sense to me is if they intend to unload Fluery, which seem plausible because I would rather lose him than Crosby or Staal, but unlikely to happen.

Why would Washington trade him to a rival for such a low pick?

I didn't think Vokoun played all that badly for the Caps.

They just traded away his rights for the pick. I get that it was to a rival, but he was set to be a UFA July 1 and I'm guessing the Caps knew he wasn't staying. Maybe they figured better to get something out of it before he walks.

I still like Harding.

Same here

I have a feeling Harding is going to go to Tampa.

Same here

I'm not upset about the Vokoun deal. I wouldnt want the Wings to pay him that much nor sign him for 2 years. I want an established, but younger-ish goaltender to push Howard. The issue, to me, is that when you have a back up pushing the starter it's always possible that the back up ends up winning the job. Would any one here be happy if someone as old as Vokoun pushed and stole the starting job from Howard? No, but if it was someone like Harding who did that and then could be a viable option moving forward we'd all be more OK with that. I think a younger established guy like Harding would be perfect.