• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Tim.D

2012 General Offseason Signing Thread

Rate this topic

Bruins closing in on signing Chris Kelly and Gregory Campbell. Will post details when available.

Thanks for the thread/updates

would have loved to have Kelly on this team, knew the Bruins wouldn't let him hit UFA though

I don't know if it has been discussed, but apparently Pit is offering Crosby a 10 year $90M extension...Makes you wonder which one of Malkin or Staal will become available and when... I would take either of them if they became UFA's...

I've been reading rumors that staal might be traded this year.. He'll be a UFA after this year I'm pretty sure

Edit: not sure how reliable of rumors or anything but I wouldn't be too surprised

Edited by amato

Guest Hatethedrake!

Via twitter from spectorshockey

Andrew Kostitsyn will head to free agency. Nashville will not resign.

I think all 3 of Kostitsyn, Semin and Radulov will end up in the KHL.

Guest Hatethedrake!

I wonder how many signings we will see before the new CBA is passed. I think many clubs are going to stand pat until there is a new CBA.

While that is what makes sense, we are talking about NHL GMs here. Nothing they do makes much sense. They operate like there is no tomorrow and that there is a hole the size of the Grand Canyon burning in their owner's wallets. I expect to see many stupid long term deals by desperate teams. I don't think Kenny will be one of them. He is too smart for that. I can see a guy like Burke being stupid because he is trying to save his job. If the Leafs miss the playoffs next season then he is gone for sure.

I expect to see more trades than usual at the draft as well. I also expect to see more of these trading for players' rights before July 1st. I think it will be a very entertaining summer. I will enjoy it because we all know once the season starts (if it starts on time that is) that there will hardly be any trades at all. Even on Trade Deadline Day. Let the fireworks begin...can't wait!

Kenny has already said that he will be pretty much done with UFA within 15-20 minutes of July 1st...he knows what he wants, he probably has his backup plans in place and he already said if the price is right he will trade for rights at the draft. I fully expect GM's to sign players status quo as if the CBA will be settled on time. Now maybe they wont be offering sky rocket salaries in case the Cap comes down off the $70.3M a bit, but I can see Holland sending $8M offers to Parise/Suter and then lower offers to the 4th line big man ($2.0M?) #6 defenseman ($1.0M?) and goalie ($1.0M?) and still have plenty of room to re-sign Abby/Helm (less than $3M combined) and still be under the Cap if it falls to $65M-$67M...He has $26M to spend, if he spends $16M on the two big names, he can most definitely get the rest done for $6M-$8M...lets just hope if the Cap goes down, it's not lower than it was last season...if that is what Bettman wants, the NHL is doomed...he HAS to let Quincey and Hudler go though!

Guest Hatethedrake!

Kenny has already said that he will be pretty much done with UFA within 15-20 minutes of July 1st...he knows what he wants, he probably has his backup plans in place and he already said if the price is right he will trade for rights at the draft. I fully expect GM's to sign players status quo as if the CBA will be settled on time. Now maybe they wont be offering sky rocket salaries in case the Cap comes down off the $70.3M a bit, but I can see Holland sending $8M offers to Parise/Suter and then lower offers to the 4th line big man ($2.0M?) #6 defenseman ($1.0M?) and goalie ($1.0M?) and still have plenty of room to re-sign Abby/Helm (less than $3M combined) and still be under the Cap if it falls to $65M-$67M...He has $26M to spend, if he spends $16M on the two big names, he can most definitely get the rest done for $6M-$8M...lets just hope if the Cap goes down, it's not lower than it was last season...if that is what Bettman wants, the NHL is doomed...he HAS to let Quincey and Hudler go though!

I hope Kenny can sign both Parise and Suter because if he doesn't then this place is going to go absolutely apes***. :lol: We will all be screaming for Kenny to sign anyone! Just sign anyone dammit! :lol:

I hope Kenny can sign both Parise and Suter because if he doesn't then this place is going to go absolutely apes***. :lol: We will all be screaming for Kenny to sign anyone! Just sign anyone dammit! :lol:

There is a lot of fear on this board that Holland will do little to nothing on the 1st, on the second he will say to Khan or St James 'I explored the options, there was nothing to my liking/too expensive, I will wait until later in the month to sign bargain bin players'. This will be followed by signing a couple meh players, and Holland saying 'I think this team is competitive and I like our odds, and I have cap space to use at the deadline to fix any holes'. The final act of this play would be 'well I explored all the options and the NHL is just so competitive that all the players I wanted were too expensive' and quickly followed by 'When X player gets off the DL that will be our deadline'.

There is a lot of fear on this board that Holland will do little to nothing on the 1st, on the second he will say to Khan or St James 'I explored the options, there was nothing to my liking/too expensive, I will wait until later in the month to sign bargain bin players'. This will be followed by signing a couple meh players, and Holland saying 'I think this team is competitive and I like our odds, and I have cap space to use at the deadline to fix any holes'. The final act of this play would be 'well I explored all the options and the NHL is just so competitive that all the players I wanted were too expensive' and quickly followed by 'When X player gets off the DL that will be our deadline'.

Ya, that is what we are used to, but it's not like he doesn't have two big sets of shoes to fill in Lidstrom/Stuart...

also, if for some reason Holland cannot get one or both Suter/Parise, I would like to hear something like..."We contacted those players, made an offer $*,***,*** and ** years and they weren't interested in Detroit..." That would be better than wondering if he even contacted them at all...I would love to hear the truth and know exactly what he offered. SOmetime he says, we contacted them, made an offer and they didn't like it, but that could mean he offered them $4M less than what they signed for...

I believe again, the only ways they don't come here is if Kenny lowballs them or they just don't want to be here...if Kenny offers top dollar and Edmonton offers top dollar, I would think that Detroit would be their choice...I just hope Detroit outbids everyone...if Crosby signs for $9M per year for 10 years, Parise should fall right in around $7.5M-$8M. I think if Holland offered him $7.5M for 10 years, he would sign...Suter would cost a bit more I think...

No I think Kenny knows his rear is on the hot seat and knows he has to actually do something.

Lol, I was getting mad reading that. It's funny how we're so spoiled (Hasek, Hull, Hossa, Lang...at the time!, etc.) yet welt the same time Holland says this crap for years too.

I think we sign players regardless of the CBA talks. We know we absolutely have to fill these holes in the roster at the very least. So we need Parise and Suter, regardless of the cap. Holland will deal with the fallout after the CBA is replaced.

I like the idea of Crosby getting 9 million a year for 10 years, though. If Crosby gets 9, I can't see a lot of these other players pushing for 8 just because they had a decent year or two. Parise could come to us for 7.5 or maybe even under.

god the doom n gloom posters will be out in force