Photo
- - - - -

2012 General Offseason Signing Thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
65 replies to this topic

#61 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,911 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 06:40 PM

Guess he is tired of being #3....too bad he wants to go to where he isnt gonna win again. Canes? Come on Jordan, dont miss the bus! Join the reload next year!

Bring Fedorov Home For A Day!

He Needs To Retire A Red Wing.

When Gordie Leaves Us, the NHL MUST Retire The #9.

#62 xtrememachine1

xtrememachine1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 04:54 AM

It is believed that the deal he turned down was a 10 year $60 mil deal.

http://espn.go.com/b...-pens-extension

#63 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,679 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 05:18 AM

Turned down 10 yr / 60m? So is it greed? Doesn't want to play in Pitt? Wants to play with his brother? Hmm

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#64 xtrememachine1

xtrememachine1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 06:49 AM

Turned down 10 yr / 60m? So is it greed? Doesn't want to play in Pitt? Wants to play with his brother? Hmm

Well Jordan has expressed an interest in playing in Carolina with his brother (https://twitter.com/...928704738664449). I actually don't think its the money, but rather the length of the deal. At 23, he's probably figuring within 10 years, he'll be worth more than $6 mil per year. Even if its front loaded, I doubt he'll want to be playing for a $1 mil per year at age 34. I also think he might want to sign a shorter deal with someone else where he'll be a top 6 forward, put up bigger numbers to earn himself a bigger contract and then settle down in Carolina. Or maybe he just wants to go straight to Carolina . Either way, he's not going to be in Pittsburgh much longer which might be a good thing for them considering Crosby's and Malkin's contracts are going to be up soon and Shero dishes out contracts like there isn't a salary cap.

#65 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,679 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 06:52 AM

Well Jordan has expressed an interest in playing in Carolina with his brother (https://twitter.com/...928704738664449). I actually don't think its the money, but rather the length of the deal. At 23, he's probably figuring within 10 years, he'll be worth more than $6 mil per year. Even if its front loaded, I doubt he'll want to be playing for a $1 mil per year at age 34. I also think he might want to sign a shorter deal with someone else where he'll be a top 6 forward, put up bigger numbers to earn himself a bigger contract and then settle down in Carolina. Or maybe he just wants to go straight to Carolina . Either way, he's not going to be in Pittsburgh much longer which might be a good thing for them considering Crosby's and Malkin's contracts are going to be up soon and Shero dishes out contracts like there isn't a salary cap.

Yea that all makes sense. I don't blame him really.. If I was in the NHL and had a chance to play with my brother, I'd want that too.

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#66 Matt

Matt

D<[[[| x11

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,085 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 09:14 AM

Just a note: I'd like to have the individual signings and trades to be broken up into individual topics to help encourage conversation on individual transactions rather than one "mega-thread". It's a bit of a policy change that's been occasionally enforced in the past, but I for one don't like to sift through a 12+ page thread to find a transaction that was done last week. (Yes, it means more topics on the front page, but a necessary evil to make for an easier browsing experience in regards to finding the conversation you're looking for.)