Photo
- - - - -

2012 General Offseason Signing Thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
65 replies to this topic

#61 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,247 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 06:40 PM

Guess he is tired of being #3....too bad he wants to go to where he isnt gonna win again. Canes? Come on Jordan, dont miss the bus! Join the reload next year!

Laugh it up, delete it all, I'll be laughing when it happens! -4/17/14

#62 xtrememachine1

xtrememachine1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 04:54 AM

It is believed that the deal he turned down was a 10 year $60 mil deal.

http://espn.go.com/b...-pens-extension

#63 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,527 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 05:18 AM

Turned down 10 yr / 60m? So is it greed? Doesn't want to play in Pitt? Wants to play with his brother? Hmm

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#64 xtrememachine1

xtrememachine1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 06:49 AM

Turned down 10 yr / 60m? So is it greed? Doesn't want to play in Pitt? Wants to play with his brother? Hmm

Well Jordan has expressed an interest in playing in Carolina with his brother (https://twitter.com/...928704738664449). I actually don't think its the money, but rather the length of the deal. At 23, he's probably figuring within 10 years, he'll be worth more than $6 mil per year. Even if its front loaded, I doubt he'll want to be playing for a $1 mil per year at age 34. I also think he might want to sign a shorter deal with someone else where he'll be a top 6 forward, put up bigger numbers to earn himself a bigger contract and then settle down in Carolina. Or maybe he just wants to go straight to Carolina . Either way, he's not going to be in Pittsburgh much longer which might be a good thing for them considering Crosby's and Malkin's contracts are going to be up soon and Shero dishes out contracts like there isn't a salary cap.

#65 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,527 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 06:52 AM

Well Jordan has expressed an interest in playing in Carolina with his brother (https://twitter.com/...928704738664449). I actually don't think its the money, but rather the length of the deal. At 23, he's probably figuring within 10 years, he'll be worth more than $6 mil per year. Even if its front loaded, I doubt he'll want to be playing for a $1 mil per year at age 34. I also think he might want to sign a shorter deal with someone else where he'll be a top 6 forward, put up bigger numbers to earn himself a bigger contract and then settle down in Carolina. Or maybe he just wants to go straight to Carolina . Either way, he's not going to be in Pittsburgh much longer which might be a good thing for them considering Crosby's and Malkin's contracts are going to be up soon and Shero dishes out contracts like there isn't a salary cap.

Yea that all makes sense. I don't blame him really.. If I was in the NHL and had a chance to play with my brother, I'd want that too.

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#66 Matt

Matt

D<[[[| x11

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,065 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 09:14 AM

Just a note: I'd like to have the individual signings and trades to be broken up into individual topics to help encourage conversation on individual transactions rather than one "mega-thread". It's a bit of a policy change that's been occasionally enforced in the past, but I for one don't like to sift through a 12+ page thread to find a transaction that was done last week. (Yes, it means more topics on the front page, but a necessary evil to make for an easier browsing experience in regards to finding the conversation you're looking for.)