• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Tim.D

Free Agency General Rumor Thread

Rate this topic

5 minutes ago, CatBoyRossi said:

Imagine my surprise when I started making calls today and heard Filip Zadina bust rumors, including unverified chatter he may have at some point recently requested a bag of dicks. This, of course, required further investigation.

I heard someone thought about calling Kenny about a bag of dicks once.................

6 minutes ago, CatBoyRossi said:

Tampa has a real log jam at LHD (Hedman, McDonagh, Coburn, and Sergachev) and Sergachev is RFA right now and they reportedly want to clear $10 million in cap space. Brisebois and Yzerman are good friends. I could see a deal involving McDonagh or Sergachev playing out...

Lots of rumors about OEL being traded out of Arizona now

Winnipeg has to move out one of Ehlers or Laine it sounds like

Yzerman should be pushing HARD to trade for Sergachev (again).

1 minute ago, CatBoyRossi said:

It may be bull spit. The video of Kypreos saying this on air was deleted before I could even watch it.

I've heard the Sens linked to both Askarov and Jack Quinn at 5, but likewise, not sure how much truth there is to it...

3 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Yzerman should be pushing HARD to trade for Sergachev (again).

That would be sweet if we could make a deal for Sergachev's RFA rights

36 minutes ago, CatBoyRossi said:

Vancouver, Boston, and Edmonton all in on an OEL trade.

Ghostbear still available. Bobby Ryan said he's interested in going to the Flyers.

Friedman says a Barzal offersheet could be in the works.

Habs willing to move their 1st rounder. NJD willing to move both of theirs as well. Maple Leafs possibly interested in moving theirs.

Jake Virtanen on the market. Sporstnet is saying Demko, Gaudette, and Stetcher might be available as well. Which is weird with Demko cause that would mean VAN intends to keep Markstrom? Canucks are super active according to McKenzie.

Lavoie saying Johnny Hockey could be traded out of Calgary this week

There you go Stevie Y Loui Eriksson+Thatcher Demko for a bag of pucks. Get it done.

I'm probably the only one here who thinks that Sergachev, while good, is probably overrated huh? He's not an especially offensively talent player. He has a worse career points per game average than Filip Hronek, despite being on a vastly more offensively talented team. He's also solid defensively, but not a rock or anything. For the right price I'd definitely trade for the guy, but I'm not sure he's going to be top line defender or anything.

1 hour ago, kipwinger said:

I'm probably the only one here who thinks that Sergachev, while good, is probably overrated huh? He's not an especially offensively talent player. He has a worse career points per game average than Filip Hronek, despite being on a vastly more offensively talented team. He's also solid defensively, but not a rock or anything. For the right price I'd definitely trade for the guy, but I'm not sure he's going to be top line defender or anything.

Overrated? He just turned 22, and is already a half point per game defenseman. He's easily a top four, with the potential to grow into a top two. He would be a great partner for one of Hronek or Seider. 

Just now, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Only if he's picked in the expansion draft. Otherwise, it would be foolish to lose him. Very underrated player. The next Luke Glendening...the Ehn-dening

Too many dead weight on this team as it is , hes an option to hit the road although cheap since we have helm glendening abelkader timashov erne smith etc... never ending

6 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Too many dead weight on this team as it is , hes an option to hit the road although cheap since we have helm glendening abelkader timashov erne smith etc... never ending

He's not "dead weight". He's actually one of the guys that brings more than he's paid. These are the players you keep. Solid defensive forward (possibly the best on the team) and penalty killer and far younger and cheaper than Helm, Glenny, or Abby. Imagine how good he would be if his skills matched his hockey sense.

57 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

He's not "dead weight". He's actually one of the guys that brings more than he's paid. These are the players you keep. Solid defensive forward (possibly the best on the team) and penalty killer and far younger and cheaper than Helm, Glenny, or Abby. Imagine how good he would be if his skills matched his hockey sense.

Buf he doesnt have the skills so ....

like i said np keeping him buf we have way more than enough bottom guys , if it was up to me givani smith would be on the team 100% brings the hits and is willing to fight if need be , capable of getting the odd ugly goals ... something this team lacks 

sadly he wont even get a chance with all the bodies here , pearson is also someone id have on the 4th at some point this season ... stevie has alot of work to do

2 hours ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Buf he doesnt have the skills so ....

Offensively? No. But doesnt defense also require skills? Something Ehn is good at.

You still have to have bottom 6 forwards. If you can fill those spots with young, inexpensive players who you drafted, coached, trained, and invested in, why wouldn't you? Seems logical to me.