• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
cusimano_brothers

Habs to name Michel Therrien head coach

Rate this topic

George Malik retweeted that former Red Wing Martin Lapointe will also join the Habs staff. Not sure yet what his role will be.

I will always remember Lapointe for this beauty of a goal...

George Malik retweeted that former Red Wing Martin Lapointe will also join the Habs staff. Not sure yet what his role will be.

I will always remember Lapointe for this beauty of a goal...

One of my many favorite parts of re-watching the 97' championship DVD is that goal. The background tone, Thorne's voice and the crowd send chills down my spine every time!

Guest Hatethedrake!

Marty Lapointe's career was never the same after signing with Boston. Of course they offered a hell of alot more money than the Wings did so who could blame him for leaving. Therrien gets the job because he is french. :lol: I feel bad for the Habs. What a poorly run organization they have become. Therrien is an idiot. I still recall all his whining during the '08 SCF. He is a meltdown waiting to happen.

Marty Lapointe's career was never the same after signing with Boston. Of course they offered a hell of alot more money than the Wings did so who could blame him for leaving. Therrien gets the job because he is french. :lol: I feel bad for the Habs. What a poorly run organization they have become. Therrien is an idiot. I still recall all his whining during the '08 SCF. He is a meltdown waiting to happen.

Amazing how many players have worn his number 20, since he left Detroit.

My favorite Lapointe moment was any moment when he sported that awesome goatee.

Getting a job for the Habs:

Bergevan: MR. Bergevan parle vous francais?

Potential Coach: Oui

Bergevan: Congratulations you are the new Habs coach!

Potential Coach: Merci Beaucoup.

Everywhere Else:

GM: Whats your experience in this job? How do you plan to give this team some identity? I assume you have watched us play, in which area do you want us to improve? What do you know about our club? ....

Potential Coach: should take a while to answer

So one way is right the other is wrong but even if all your candidates have to be froggish you should still be able to do better than Therrien, who failed to coach a loaded Pensteam to the cup. The "Anglophone" Bylsma did so with the same roster. I gotta wonder if this clubi s more about politics than being succesful? Must suck for the fans

Edited by frankgrimes