• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Richdg

Wings interested in Garrison

Rate this topic

There are 23 teams with 15+ million to spend. true some are bottom dwellers, some are not. I think the biggest team to watch out for with Suter is going to be the Blackhawks. They have 22 on their roster, and 9 million to spend. They could well be in a 1 player frame of mind. If the BH go to 8 million for Suter do we really want that much tied up in him?

There are 23 teams with 15+ million to spend. true some are bottom dwellers, some are not. I think the biggest team to watch out for with Suter is going to be the Blackhawks. They have 22 on their roster, and 9 million to spend. They could well be in a 1 player frame of mind. If the BH go to 8 million for Suter do we really want that much tied up in him?

I personally would not want to spend $8M/yr on Suter. That being said, I think it's more likely that that happens than the Wings going with inexperience.

I agree with the Chicago thing though. That's why I was so surprised to see they signed Johnny Oduya to a 3 year deal with a NTC. But maybe they figured they wanted a D line up of:

Keith - Seabrook

Suter - Hjarlmarsson

Leddy - Oduya

But at this point you've got to think they'd want to upgrade Crawford. But maybe Bowman doesn't

Edited by mmamolo

I personally would not want to spend $8M/yr on Suter. That being said, I think it's more likely that that happens than the Wings going with inexperience.

I agree with the Chicago thing though. That's why I was so surprised to see they signed Johnny Oduya to a 3 year deal with a NTC. But maybe they figured they wanted a D line up of:

Keith - Seabrook

Suter - Hjarlmarsson

Leddy - Oduya

But at this point you've got to think they'd want to upgrade Crawford. But maybe Bowman doesn't

There are some other options to be signed. But going home to Chi-town is going to be a draw.

My only concern is that he is 27 and just showed up on the radar this year, in a contract year. I sure would hate signing another Jeff Finger.

These are the years most players do their best. 27-32. he is just entering his prime. His shot from the point is no joke. very heavy shot. Skates well and plays physical. if he was in fact RHed i would want him over Suter. But being LHed, he is just a shade behind. But pretty close. The length of their tracks records is the only real difference.

The last major rebuild following the lockout saw Holland doing things one way. He brought in a ton of players that did not reach their potential in other places, were overlooked, or were specific player types and some didn't make the cut but the entire team was shook up by players who fought for time. I wouldn't be surprised to see Garrison be added in addition to Schultz and others. Lilja, Sammuelson, Cleary were all those types of players... the team also let young players come in that didn't crack the roster as much.

I still think this will be the major way of the rebuild. He will go after Parise and Suter... maybe even try to make a blockbuster... this doesn't mean it will be a given. I think they are prepared to take a few more steps back than we would like to make sure the team stays on their tracks. It won't make me happy, but then again, there is very little that I really want to add to the team that would fix it that doesn't require a trade.

I am more upset that we didn't make more moves with Lids on the team.

I wanted Willie, Anze, Brown, Carter, Richards all when they were available but none were obtainable with the exception of Willie and they are playing so well now. Although it would help if we drafted Quick... My point is we have the will, but it is going to take several shrewd moves to improve and a few years. I think we all have to realize it is going to get ugly before it gets better, but competition won't be the worst... unless we give up on the wrong person then GO TRADE FOR HIM LATER!!!! I blame Quincey for everything :P Maybe I should make that Meech.

Personally, with all I have read so far... I am hoping Nill takes over next season and the team moves in a different direction, preferably one that involves at least one new offensively minded coach who can get more of a puck hound game going...

Anyways... tangent? I say if we miss out on either Parise or Suter... we should add as many bodies as possible and relegate the losers to the AHL where contracts don't matter. Get ready for the next wave and maybe get one more before the Euro Twins era ends the same way the Lidstrom era ended, and the Yzerman before that...