• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
rrasco

Bryan Rufenach

Rate this topic

http://theproduction...bryan-rufenach/

They didn't post their source. I just saw him play 2 games here for the Griffins a few months ago; he got boarded right in front of my glass seats. RIP brother.

The Detroit Red Wings' seventh round pick in 2007 has passed away. Bryan Rufenach, a defenseman who had been playing for the Toledo Walleye, died while traveling in Europe. No additional details were shared.

After four seasons at Clarkson University, the Red Wings opted not to sign him to an entry-level contract, instead hooking him onto the Griffins and Walleye, where he's bounced back and forth.

He was 23-years-old, and our thoughts are with Bryan's friends and family. May he rest in peace.

Edited by rrasco

Died while traveling in Europe? Hostel anyone? J/K! Tragic for anyone to die so young! RIP!

Watched the third installment the other night. The 3rd one takes place in Vegas; those movies are wild!

But anyways, RIP. So sad to see someone that young pass away.

Couple more bits on this sad story...

Jim Nill, from mlive:

"He was a very good college player, was getting his feet wet in the pros,'' Red Wings assistant general manager Jim Nill said. "It's a sad day for his family. It's been tough. He was a great young man, proud to be a Red Wing. Always had a smile on his face."

Toledo Blade:

"...the 23-year-old was with a childhood friend when he was electrocuted.

"Everyone is confused by it all right now," Walleye coach Nick Vitucci said. "The details aren't in yet. We do know that it was a tragic accident."

Vitucci said Rufenach had been traveling in Europe for the last month.

"He was with a boyhood friend and they were traveling from country to country. They were staying in hostels. They were set to come home at the end of this week."

Died while traveling in Europe? Hostel anyone? J/K! Tragic for anyone to die so young! RIP!

Let's not talk about those movies. Having already seen the first two installments, I'm already very uneasy about my younger brother backpacking through Europe this summer.

supposedly he climbed on top of a train car and touched some wires

http://worldradio.ch...ar.shtml?30998\

Man, that's just too sad. My dad always told me when I was younger, there will be times in life when you have 2 seconds to make a decision, and that 2 second decision can alter your life forever. It appears Bryan had a 2 second decision to make and unfortunately it seems he made the wrong decision.

Health incidents are one thing, but this could have been prevented, just like the Yaroslavl incident. That always bugs me the most.