• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
cusimano_brothers

Alexander Radulov.

Rate this topic

No surprise here. The only real question is whether or not he hops a plane back to Russia, or if some other NHL team with a lot of money decides to take a gamble on him. Shame too, if the guy would pull his head out of his ass he's be a decent hockey player.

Word is he rejected a 4 year 36 million dollar offer from the Preds.

he is delusional if he thinks he deserves the 2nd biggest salary in the league.

Agreed 100%

Its also bulls*** that they were allowed to bring him in to try to help their Cup run. You can guarantee that loophole is going to be slammed shut during the next CBA.

That loophole was closed long ago. Radulov was only allowed to come back because his KHL deal was signed before the transfer agreement was signed between the KHL and the NHL. Now that both leagues recognize each others contracts that situation can never happen again.

Agreed 100%

Its also bulls*** that they were allowed to bring him in to try to help their Cup run. You can guarantee that loophole is going to be slammed shut during the next CBA.

I'm so glad that didn't work out well for them. I was so tired of hearing Nashville fans act like they deserved to get him back after what he did to them and acting like they were the ones that got screwed. Yeah, they did, four years ago. In 2012, 29 other teams were screwed. Fact of the matter is, he should not have been allowed to return to the NHL *after* the trade deadline. Prior to it, no problem, but no way in hell should teams be able to make additions after the deadline. I'm pretty sure that's why the deadline exists. This was a special circumstance and I'm glad it backfired.

Wow, 9 per year for 4 years and he rejected it? Either he is delusional or he's running back to KHL money. I wonder if that had anything to do with his attitude and his curfew suspension. He seems like the kind of person to be a little ***** about being a little *****.

Edited by rrasco

9 mil per?! WOW.

Honestly, though, I'd love to see a source for that offer rejection. I'm having a very hard time believing that the Preds offered him anything like that. After the debacle that Radulov & A. Kostitsyn caused in the Phoenix series, I'd be surprised if they even talked to his agent, much less conveyed an offer that's comparable to the cap hits of Ovechkin, Crosby, E. Staal, and Malkin.

9 mil per?! WOW. Honestly, though, I'm having a very hard time believing that the Preds offered him anything like that. After the debacle that Radulov & A. Kostitsyn caused in the Phoenix series, I'd be surprised if they even talked to his agent, much less conveyed an offer that's comparable to the cap hits of Ovechkin, Crosby, E. Staal, and Malkin.

I agree, I highly doubt the Preds actually offered that, but that was the rumor.

It came from a Russian website, so it could be his agent trying to drive up his price.

Personally, I don't believe the Preds offered that much money to Radulov. But who knows

Also, apparently the Rangers are interested in signing Rad. I feel like it's the late 90's all over again

Personally, I don't believe the Preds offered that much money to Radulov. But who knows

Also, apparently the Rangers are interested in signing Rad. I feel like it's the late 90's all over again

As it was a Russian website, maybe they were reporting the deal in Rubles? Last I knew the exchange rate was about 30 to 1, so maybe they only offered him the league minimum in American dollars.

His agent needs to have this man's number on speed-dial:

glen-sather.jpg

Also, can someone please tell me where I can find a job that allows me to piss away the owner of the company's money without ever showing even the smallest positive return on the "investment". How does this ******* ape still have a job?

Also, can someone please tell me where I can find a job that allows me to piss away the owner of the company's money without ever showing even the smallest positive return on the "investment". How does this ******* ape still have a job?

I'd also like a job where all I basically do is watch hockey and smoke cigars

As it was a Russian website, maybe they were reporting the deal in Rubles? Last I knew the exchange rate was about 30 to 1, so maybe they only offered him the league minimum in American dollars.

At the current exchange rate, 9 million Rubles would be about $277,563 USD, which is barely over half the minimum NHL salary this year. But that's closer to what I would willingly pay Radulov than $9m, so...

Guest Crymson

It seems that the offer of $36m/4y was tendered by a KHL team, not the Predators.

At the current exchange rate, 9 million Rubles would be about $277,563 USD, which is barely over half the minimum NHL salary this year. But that's closer to what I would willingly pay Radulov than $9m, so...

Either way, it's pretty clear that 9 million dollars doesn't buy you much in Russia if that's what he's being offered. Apparently 70 years of Communism really did leave the Russians with no real sense of what money's actually worth.

Either way, it's pretty clear that 9 million dollars doesn't buy you much in Russia if that's what he's being offered. Apparently 70 years of Communism really did leave the Russians with no real sense of what money's actually worth.

Well, in the KHL's defense, he is the reigning MVP (3 years in a row, actually) and he won the Gagarin Cup with Ufa last year. So he's a pretty highly prized player in the KHL.

What I think that shows, however, is the disparity in the talent level and work ethic from the KHL to the NHL.

Well, in the KHL's defense, he is the reigning MVP (3 years in a row, actually) and he won the Gagarin Cup with Ufa last year. So he's a pretty highly prized player in the KHL.

What I think that shows, however, is the disparity in the talent level and work ethic from the KHL to the NHL.

Couldn't agree with you more in terms of the disparity in talent. However, do you think the reason why the work ethic is so low in the KHL is predominantly the result of the the fact that the league is so flush with cash? Or is there really no difference in work ethic, and high profile guys like Radulov give that league a bad rep?

It seems that the offer of $36m/4y was tendered by a KHL team, not the Predators.

I don't read Russian but when translated the article does say that it was Nashville that made the offer.

I agree that a KHL team makes more sense throwing out that kind of money though. With no cap you can be as stupid as you want with your money.

Well if Nashville did indeed offer him $9M per year, guess they weren't too set on keeping Suter around....btw, if that indeed was an offer, what the hell is it going to take to sign Parise?

That's what I was thinking. Nashville is already going to have trouble signing a complete roster, much less while throwing 9m at a single player who has yet to prove anything in this league.