• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#21 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,997 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 01:30 PM

Well, in the KHL's defense, he is the reigning MVP (3 years in a row, actually) and he won the Gagarin Cup with Ufa last year. So he's a pretty highly prized player in the KHL.

What I think that shows, however, is the disparity in the talent level and work ethic from the KHL to the NHL.

Couldn't agree with you more in terms of the disparity in talent. However, do you think the reason why the work ethic is so low in the KHL is predominantly the result of the the fact that the league is so flush with cash? Or is there really no difference in work ethic, and high profile guys like Radulov give that league a bad rep?

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#22 FlashyG

FlashyG

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,153 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 01:35 PM

It seems that the offer of $36m/4y was tendered by a KHL team, not the Predators.

I don't read Russian but when translated the article does say that it was Nashville that made the offer.

I agree that a KHL team makes more sense throwing out that kind of money though. With no cap you can be as stupid as you want with your money.

#23 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,151 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 02:15 PM

meh.

I was kind of hoping that Nashville would strap themselves to that loser, making it harder to re-sign Suter. But Poile's too smart for that.
"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#24 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,732 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 03:05 PM

Well if Nashville did indeed offer him $9M per year, guess they weren't too set on keeping Suter around....btw, if that indeed was an offer, what the hell is it going to take to sign Parise?

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Nestrasil, yes...Cleary....No!

Dump Q and K Now!

#25 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,095 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 03:09 PM

Well if Nashville did indeed offer him $9M per year, guess they weren't too set on keeping Suter around....btw, if that indeed was an offer, what the hell is it going to take to sign Parise?

That's what I was thinking. Nashville is already going to have trouble signing a complete roster, much less while throwing 9m at a single player who has yet to prove anything in this league.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

#26 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 04:46 PM

There isn't the faintest chance that Nashville offered Radulov $9m per year, so I don't know why any of you are still making reference to that rumor.

#27 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,095 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 05:46 PM

There isn't the faintest chance that Nashville offered Radulov $9m per year, so I don't know why any of you are still making reference to that rumor.

At least it's not Parise/Suter/Lines/Other Beaten to Death Offseason Topic.

#28 sibiriak

sibiriak

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 08:49 PM

I don't read Russian but when translated the article does say that it was Nashville that made the offer.

I agree that a KHL team makes more sense throwing out that kind of money though. With no cap you can be as stupid as you want with your money.

That article was dated April 9. Any rumor/speculation it was based on is certainly obsolete by now.

#29 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 09:37 AM

Let Radulov go back to Russia
IPB Image

#30 Krayzie_Bone

Krayzie_Bone

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 12:07 PM

What is the story with Radulov? I see people call him P.O.S. and everything but I do not know his story. Im not defending him I just somehow missed the stuff he has done. Can someone tell me what is the reason so many people hate him?

#31 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 12:10 PM

Just ask any Predators fan.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#32 Jedi

Jedi

In this town of Halloween...

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,817 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 12:51 PM

What is the story with Radulov? I see people call him P.O.S. and everything but I do not know his story. Im not defending him I just somehow missed the stuff he has done. Can someone tell me what is the reason so many people hate him?

He signed his deal with Ufa in the KHL while still under contract with the Nashville Predators. So he bolted for more money while still contractually obligated to Nashville.

Then, there's this...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXQ56Dp0iB0

And then there's his antics in the Phoenix series that caused his suspension...

I'd bet that Radulov's days in the NHL are done. I doubt that any team in the league would be willing to bring on his baggage. Especially when he can go back to his native Russia, get paid 3x more than he's really worth, and (likely) get his salary paid tax-free.

y4m8.png
"Come with us and you will see, this our town of Halloween..."

#33 hillbillywingsfan

hillbillywingsfan

Awww poor butch

• Gold Booster
  • 3,586 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 01:01 PM

He signed his deal with Ufa in the KHL while still under contract with the Nashville Predators. So he bolted for more money while still contractually obligated to Nashville.

Then, there's this...

I'd bet that Radulov's days in the NHL are done. I doubt that any team in the league would be willing to bring on his baggage. Especially when he can go back to his native Russia, get paid 3x more than he's really worth, and (likely) get his salary paid tax-free.

I HATE SEEING THAT VIDEO!! It makes my blood boil. I think if I were to see that behind the bench it would have been the Domi fight all over again. hahahaha.
msg-10491-1258682020.jpg

I LIVE IN TEXAS SO I DON'T DESERVE HOCKEY

#34 ami

ami

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 07:12 PM

I agree, I highly doubt the Preds actually offered that, but that was the rumor.

It came from a Russian website, so it could be his agent trying to drive up his price.

apparently, it was published on April 9th. here: http://www.belarusho...ews/news113494/

and it looks and sounds like a speculation.

Edit: oops! did not all posts.

Edited by ami, 07 June 2012 - 07:15 PM.

#35 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,732 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 07:51 PM

Then, there's this...

WTF?!?! This guy is nuts! How come the coach didn't do anything? He wouldn't play another minute if he did this in the NHL! What a jackass. Lets see him try that with someone like Dale Hunter...HEH HEH HEH!

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Nestrasil, yes...Cleary....No!

Dump Q and K Now!

#36 sibiriak

sibiriak

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 10:27 AM

According to TSN the Wings are not pursuing Radulov and will go UFA route instead.

#37 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,477 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 11:01 AM

According to TSN the Wings are not pursuing Radulov and will go UFA route instead.

I would have thought that was so much a given, that the Wings wouldn't consider this side-car mercenary... an article in TSN seems redundant.
:huh:

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#38 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,095 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 03:57 PM

I would have thought that was so much a given, that the Wings wouldn't consider this side-car mercenary... an article in TSN seems redundant.
:huh:

Agreed. I never even gave thought to the Wings pursuing Rads. I'm not sure anyone except for whoever wrote that piece did.

#39 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,121 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 07:29 PM

Please Kenny, stay away from this one. I know you have the smarts not to touch this with a 10 ft pole but apparently, Sather and Tortorella are dumb enough to.
Bleacher Report - Radulov and Rangers Close to a Deal

Edited by RedWingsRox, 08 June 2012 - 07:30 PM.

#40 Johnz96

Johnz96

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 07:41 PM

Then, there's this...

WTF?