• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MrBest7

Why Evander Kane is Worth the Price

Rate this topic

What is your thoughts on Evander Kane?  

63 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Evander Kane is worth the cost! He won't cost us more than $5 million per year, first round and third round picks.

Evander Kane (2nd Line – Winnipeg) 6-2 Height,195 Weight AGE20

18 years old = 66GP, 14 Goals, 12Assists

19 years old = 73GP, 19 Goals, 24Assists

20 years old = 74GP, 30 Goals, 27Assists +11

Brendan Shanahan (New Jersey) 6-3 Height, 220 Weight

18 years old = 65GP, 7 Goals, 19Assists

19 years old = 68GP, 22 Goals, 28Assists

20 years old = 73GP, 30 Goals, 42Assists

Zach Parise (New Jersey) 5-11 Height, 195 Weight AGE 27

21 years old = GP81, 14 Goals, 18 Assists

22 years old = GP82, 31 Goals, 31 Assists

23 years old = GP81, 32 Goals, 33 Assists

Evander Kane Highlights

http://youtu.be/uvOEAXImpSU

Evander Kane is worth the cost! He won't cost us more than $5 million per year, first round and third round picks.

#'s

1. At $5 million, the compensation is a 1st, 2nd, and a 3rd.

2. He is worth $5M, which is all the more reason Winnipeg would match. Hell, they might send us a card to thank us for not making them match $6M.

I'd trade a decent amount for his rights, but I wouldn't bother with an offer sheet. The RFA system very heavily favors the team owning a players rights (obviously, that's what it's supposed to do). Unless the team is very tight to the cap and/or isn't interested in the player it isn't worth it. Maybe if I had a crystal ball and knew for sure he'd be the next Shanny/Iginla...

I'd rather see the Wings focus on guys they have a shot at getting. Parise will be an unrestricted free as will his buddy Suter.

There are plenty of avenues and people to look at trade wise if we are giving up compensation and if we fail to land the guys we

really want.

Holland will never float an offer sheet - and I'm pretty ok with that, because, karma-wise, there's no doubt it'd come back to bite the Wings in their collective ass. And besides, like Buppy said, it's an extremely slanted system. Why not try to trade?

(For the record, I'd love to see EK become a Wing.)

The Jets are cash strapped, they are poorly managed. heck they only have 4 players signed through the 2013 season. How does any team only have 4 guys signed? TBH if we are going to try and deal with the jets, I would rather go after their Dman Bo-soemthing or another. Big young Rh D. Fills more of a need.

The Jets are cash strapped, they are poorly managed. heck they only have 4 players signed through the 2013 season. How does any team only have 4 guys signed? TBH if we are going to try and deal with the jets, I would rather go after their Dman Bo-soemthing or another. Big young Rh D. Fills more of a need.

Excellent point... The Wings won 4 Stanley Cups because the other teams poor management. You all know for sure the Jets are smart enough to re-sign Evander Kane! LOL!

Kris Draper for a dollar from Winnipeg!

Kirk Maltby a trade with Edmonton in '95 for defenseman Dan McGillis! WHO IS DAN McGILLIS!!!!

Vladimir Konstantinov 1989: 11th round, (221st overall)

Sergei Fedorov 1989 - 4th round (74th overall)

Keith Primeau to Hartford for Brendan Shanahan!

Nick Lidstrom 1989 - 3rd round (53rd overall)

Slava Kozlov 1990 - 2nd round (45th overall)

Bob Probert 1983 - 3rd (46th overall)

Joe Kocur 1983 - 5th Round, (88th overall)

Johan Franzen 2004 - 3rd round (97th overall)

Darren Helm 2005 - 5th round (132nd overall)

Pavel Datsyuk1998 - 6th round (171st overall)

Valtteri Filppula 2002 - 3rd round (95th overall)

Tomas Holmstrom 1994 - 10th round (257th overall)

Henrik Zetterberg 1999 - 7th round (210th overall)

Jonathan Ericsson 2002 - 9th Round, (291st overall)

Chris Osgood 1991 - 3rd round (54th overall)

Jimmy Howard 2003 - 2nd Rnd, (64th overall)

The best move was, LARRY MURPHY 1997 Trade for "future considerations." Murphy was essentially run out of town by Leafs faithful unimpressed with his

defensive play. Detroit gave up nothing to get the future Hall of Famer - the Leafs even paid some of Murphy’s salary - but the move paid off big time for the

Red Wings, who went on to win the Stanley Cup that year and the next.

From Winnipeg Free Press:

Winnipeg Jets co-owner and governor Mark Chipman dropped a bombshell at a press conference today, announcing the Jets will not be a revenue-sharing team for 2011-12.

The assumption far and wide -- including by the team until very recently -- was that the Jets, playing in the NHL's smallest building and in its smallest market, would need to participate in the league's welfare system to make a go of it.

True North Sports and Entertainment won’t know for absolute certain until the league’s revenues and finances are audited after the playoffs are over, but Chipman’s actual point was that revenues for the NHL’s first season back in Winnipeg have exceeded expectations to the point the Jets could well be in the league’s top 15 of revenue.

Keith Primeau to Hartford for Brendan Shanahan!

To be fair, this was Primeau, Coffey and a 1st for Shanny and some scrub. Still worked out pretty well, though, and I agree with your overall point.

The Jets are 1 year deep in as a team back in the NHL; That said I doubt they trade/let go Kane... A team like the Jets need a guy like him to keep fans interested. That and the guys got talent, they aren't going to let him go or not match any type of offer. And to whomever said they wouldn't match 6 million well simply put, you are on crack. The will match that, they will match anything that is realistic. 6 million is realistic therefore if another club offered that the Jets would match it.

I'd rather see the Wings focus on guys they have a shot at getting. Parise will be an unrestricted free as will his buddy Suter.

There are plenty of avenues and people to look at trade wise if we are giving up compensation and if we fail to land the guys we

really want.

I want four strong lines with a solid defense... I'm not sure you can do it by signing contracts around $7 million. Weber and Suter may be an exception because they're on the ice for half the game each night.

Zach Bogosian is who I was thinking of.

Since when were the Jets cash strapped? They had a $53,139,265 payroll last year with $11,160,735 available and with 15,300 seats that were full every night at the MTS centre, they grossed near the top of the league in revenue not to mention other sales. They've been back here in Winnipeg for 1 season, sold the most merch by far in the NHL this season and that's a confirmed fact and are currently in the process of contract talks and re-signing of players just like every other team in the league.

Kane, Fehr, Mahachek, and Pavelec are RFA this summer. Slater, Glass, Wellwood, Stapleton, Jones, Flood and Mason are UFA.

Currently, they have 14 players signed for $36,867,959 with $33,432,042 cap room with the cap set at $70,300,000.

They need to resign Kane, Machacek, Slater, Wellwood, Stapleton, Flood, Pavelec and Mason. Grab a couple UFA from free agency in place of the others that need not be re-signed and they're good to go.

Main points here:

1. Your posts have zero credibility cause you do no research and spew off the cuff bulls***.

2. The Jets are one of the best managed teams in the league with the entire city of Winnipeg behind them.

3. Players actually want to come to Winnipeg that aren't named Bryzgalov or Belanger cause of the excitement and the fanbase that makes the team feel at home.

Kane will be signed for probably 5 years at about 4.5 per year by the Jets.

Why is he being discussed so much lately? He's not going to leave Winnipeg. They'd be one of the worst managed teams to let him go.

I agree, Atlanta management may have traded him, but Winnipeg want to build a franchise not dismantle one.

Since when were the Jets cash strapped? They had a $53,139,265 payroll last year with $11,160,735 available and with 15,300 seats that were full every night at the MTS centre, they grossed near the top of the league in revenue not to mention other sales. They've been back here in Winnipeg for 1 season, sold the most merch by far in the NHL this season and that's a confirmed fact and are currently in the process of contract talks and re-signing of players just like every other team in the league.

Kane, Fehr, Mahachek, and Pavelec are RFA this summer. Slater, Glass, Wellwood, Stapleton, Jones, Flood and Mason are UFA.

Currently, they have 14 players signed for $36,867,959 with $33,432,042 cap room with the cap set at $70,300,000.

They need to resign Kane, Machacek, Slater, Wellwood, Stapleton, Flood, Pavelec and Mason. Grab a couple UFA from free agency in place of the others that need not be re-signed and they're good to go.

Main points here:

1. Your posts have zero credibility cause you do no research and spew off the cuff bulls***.

2. The Jets are one of the best managed teams in the league with the entire city of Winnipeg behind them.

3. Players actually want to come to Winnipeg that aren't named Bryzgalov or Belanger cause of the excitement and the fanbase that makes the team feel at home.

Kane will be signed for probably 5 years at about 4.5 per year by the Jets.

You are the one who seems very confused. Last year the Jets were supported by the league to stay viable. See the story linked above were their owner "shocked" everyone by telling them they may no longer need the help. yes the cap may be high, but that does not mean they have the ability to pay that much, and in fact through this past season they did not. Thus the payments from the league. In there first year, they did great. But that was because they were the hot new thing. The question that no one knows the answer to is: will it last. I would bet no. Win. is just to small of a market to keep them going. That is why the jets-now yotes moved in the first place.

Now you can spew whatever you want about me untill your fingers hurt. i really couldn't care less. But at least try to have any proof or evidence in anything you say when you do it. Which to date you do not. have a good day.

Here is the link, Bombshell was the word used.....

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/breakingnews/Jets-will-not-need-NHLs-revenue-sharing--146445605.html

Edited by Richdg

You are the one who seems very confused. Last year the Jets were supported by the league to stay viable. See the story linked above were their owner "shocked" everyone by telling them they may no longer need the help. yes the cap may be high, but that does not mean they have the ability to pay that much, and in fact through this past season they did not. Thus the payments from the league. In there first year, they did great. But that was because they were the hot new thing. The question that no one knows the answer to is: will it last. I would bet no. Win. is just to small of a market to keep them going. That is why the jets-now yotes moved in the first place.

Now you can spew whatever you want about me untill your fingers hurt. i really couldn't care less. But at least try to have any proof or evidence in anything you say when you do it. Which to date you do not. have a good day.

Here is the link, Bombshell was the word used.....

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/breakingnews/Jets-will-not-need-NHLs-revenue-sharing--146445605.html