• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MrBest7

Why Evander Kane is Worth the Price

Rate this topic

What is your thoughts on Evander Kane?  

63 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1. But that was because they were the hot new thing. The question that no one knows the answer to is: will it last. I would bet no. Win. is just to small of a market to keep them going. That is why the jets-now yotes moved in the first place.

2. Now you can spew whatever you want about me untill your fingers hurt. i really couldn't care less. But at least try to have any proof or evidence in anything you say when you do it. Which to date you do not. have a good day.

1. Well all the evidence suggests you are wrong. Plus, I was under the impression that the league very much regretted moving out of Winnipeg the first time around.

2. I thought he did pretty good. He provided more evidence than your opinion and article did. Doesn't that article kind of hurt your case? Not to hate on the writer of it, but that wasn't a bombshell....And Winnipeg may be a small market but Canadian markets always do wayyyy better than American ones, I'd throw my hat in Winnipeg's ring before most of the southern U.S. teams.

have a good night.

Edited by number9

1. Well all the evidence suggests you are wrong. Plus, I was under the impression that the league very much regretted moving out of Winnipeg the first time around.

2. I thought he did pretty good. He provided more evidence than your opinion and article did. Doesn't that article kind of hurt your case? Not to hate on the writer of it, but that wasn't a bombshell....And Winnipeg may be a small market but Canadian markets always do wayyyy better than American ones, I'd throw my hat in Winnipeg's ring before most of the southern U.S. teams.

have a good night.

Since neither of you have any knowledge about business, let me explain. If a team has 100 million in revenue, which is what the Jets have, they may repeat may have 45-55 million to spend on payroll. Out of the 100 million they have to: pay taxes, pay for their front office, pay for their minor league teams, give the ownership some form of profit, pay the vendors for the beers, dogs, brats, popcorn, etc.... Pay the rent to the arena, and so one. This is the high water mark. They will never sell as much mer. etc.... because they are not the hot new thing anymore. Everyone has a jersey already. The arena they play in lacks the lux. suites needed to rake in the money needed. They may be allowed to spend 70 million in payroll, but they will never have the money to do it untill: they get a wealthy owner that only cares about winning. Maybe then they will be able to. Untill such time they will have to operate like a small market baseball team does. Go wathc the movie moneyball. That is what the jets will have to do, and make zero mistakes along the way to win.

That being said, I hope they do make it. It is good for the league.

Since neither of you have any knowledge about business, let me explain. If a team has 100 million in revenue, which is what the Jets have, they may repeat may have 45-55 million to spend on payroll. Out of the 100 million they have to: pay taxes, pay for their front office, pay for their minor league teams, give the ownership some form of profit, pay the vendors for the beers, dogs, brats, popcorn, etc.... Pay the rent to the arena, and so one. This is the high water mark. They will never sell as much mer. etc.... because they are not the hot new thing anymore. Everyone has a jersey already. The arena they play in lacks the lux. suites needed to rake in the money needed. They may be allowed to spend 70 million in payroll, but they will never have the money to do it untill: they get a wealthy owner that only cares about winning. Maybe then they will be able to. Untill such time they will have to operate like a small market baseball team does. Go wathc the movie moneyball. That is what the jets will have to do, and make zero mistakes along the way to win.

WTF?

Guest Crymson

Evander Kane would be worth the compensation if he were to sign. He is already a 30 goal scorer and I doubt Winnipeg matches 6 mil.

$6m would be an absurd salary for Kane.

garbage

Apparently you have inside knowledge of the Jets' finances such that you may make qualified judgments about their ability to spend this summer.

No, you don't.

Main points here:

2. The Jets are one of the best managed teams in the league with the entire city of Winnipeg behind them.

3. Players actually want to come to Winnipeg that aren't named Bryzgalov or Belanger cause of the excitement and the fanbase that makes the team feel at home.

Kane will be signed for probably 5 years at about 4.5 per year by the Jets.

Edited by MrBest7

WTF?

sorry, was drinking last night. i come here too much.

Apparently you have inside knowledge of the Jets' finances such that you may make qualified judgments about their ability to spend this summer.

No, you don't.

clap.gif

Why is Kane being discussed anyway? He's not leaving Winnipeg.....this whole topic is kinda pointless, we might as well discuss getting Stamkos....at least he's better

$6m would be an absurd salary for Kane.

No, you don't.

Have I ran an aduti on their books? Nope. But the jets themselves-read the above link by the Win. newspaper, were happy they made their goal of 100 million in rev. That is what the Jets have said publicly. The rest I said based on experience. I have degrees in business management, and 15 years in upper management expereince at various companies. I have great knowledge of what it take to make a company run. Not to mention what things like overhead and payroll run, and at what % those are normally at. This is the real world. Not thoughts and opinions on some forum. Why do you think the NHL fought so hard to hold the players at 57% of revenue in the last CBA? Just some random number? No. Becasue that is the line that they believe they start losing money. Now is 57% the same for every team? No. Big revenue teams can go much higher. A team that makes 200 million only spend 35% on payroll, with a 70 million $ cap. A team that makes 100 million-like the Jets, can't go to 70 million because it puts them into the red. The best way to judge the Jets hasn't happened yet. It is 2 years away. Look at the numbers after year 3, when all the shine has worn off. If the hold or decrease, they will not make it long term. Inflation will hamper them. if they increase at the inflation rate or greater, they will survive.

Have I ran an aduti on their books? Nope. But the jets themselves-read the above link by the Win. newspaper, were happy they made their goal of 100 million in rev. That is what the Jets have said publicly. The rest I said based on experience. I have degrees in business management, and 15 years in upper management expereince at various companies. I have great knowledge of what it take to make a company run. Not to mention what things like overhead and payroll run, and at what % those are normally at. This is the real world. Not thoughts and opinions on some forum. Why do you think the NHL fought so hard to hold the players at 57% of revenue in the last CBA? Just some random number? No. Becasue that is the line that they believe they start losing money. Now is 57% the same for every team? No. Big revenue teams can go much higher. A team that makes 200 million only spend 35% on payroll, with a 70 million $ cap. A team that makes 100 million-like the Jets, can't go to 70 million because it puts them into the red. The best way to judge the Jets hasn't happened yet. It is 2 years away. Look at the numbers after year 3, when all the shine has worn off. If the hold or decrease, they will not make it long term. Inflation will hamper them. if they increase at the inflation rate or greater, they will survive.

At least we know for a fact your delusional now lol

Look guy, no one cares what you did in college or where you work. You don't have financial knowledge of the inner-workings of the NHL. Even if you did work for the business end of a team that doesn't mean you know diddly squat about the Jets situation. I'm the King of Siam....does that mean I could tell you what it's like to be the king of England? No.

Edited by number9

whoa now, i am very aware that the Wings are "the best", as i stated the Jets are "one of the best". i'm loyal to the Wings above all.

to Richdg, the article you mentioned says "the Jets will not need NHL's revenue-sharing". that means exactly what i posted before that they are a self-sufficient franchise that is raking in money. just a heads up too with the asinie comment you made as well about them not sustaining the sales and what not, they've already locked up the first 5 years of season tickets with a massive waiting list to get season tickets after that as well as a waiting list to buy single seats to go to the games. so once again, know your facts and do some real research, not just google a couple key words and think you're smarter than the rest of us. later bud.

...And now you're the judge on what we have knowledge about. You sir are an arrogant dick. And the Jets "exceeded" the 100 mil in revenue, that is not the concrete number that they made. 15 years of business and upper management should teach you a lot more about the variables of business, not just media face value numbers. The Jets owner is also one of the richest businessmen in Canada.

Guest Hatethedrake!

Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels called. They want you to be in their next movie. Dumb Dumber and Dumbest. Guess which one you are? Mark Chapman IS a wealthy owner who only cares about winning. You just don't like Winnipeg because they are based in Canada. Guess what? They are not going away. This franchise now MAKES money instead of losing it like they did as the Atlanta Thrashers. You know when you talk out your ass as much as you do, no wonder people think you're a s***head.

Edited by Hatethedrake!

Guest Johnz96

For anyone curious about some more accurate numbers for the finances of the Jets: http://www.forbes.co.../winnipeg-jets/

24th most valuable team in the league

71m revenue

-5.2m profit

43m in player expenses

I would love to have Kane, he is exactly the kind of player the Wings need.

The Jets will be profitable when they make the playoffs and Kane is the guy to lead them to the promised land

Renaud Lavoie via twitter: Lavoie heard from a player on the Jets that Evander Kane doesn’t want to negotiate a new deal.

Edit: sorry too slow ha but maybe they end up trading his rights?

Edited by amato

Guest Johnz96

He is young, the Red Wings are a great organization for him to grow up in, although I still say Stewart is a stronger and meaner version of the same type player who could be had for less in a trade and against the cap, but I would trade for either of them, they re exactly the type of player we need; young tough sniping power forward, Stewart would be even more ideal because of the right-handed

Now that the rumor says he wants out, I would love to get him.

I just again wonder that someone who might be in our division would trade him to us. Plus the cost.

Just watch out, because he might be Holland's target over Parise. It is possible.

Not because he thinks it Kane is better than Parise, just that it might be more manageable to get him.

I wouldn't sign him but a manageable trade would be okay.

Just watch out, because he might be Holland's target over Parise. It is possible.

Not because he thinks it Kane is better than Parise, just that it might be more manageable to get him.

I doubt it.

Still like the idea of Wheeler.