• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#41 Zetts

Zetts

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 968 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 02:52 PM

For anyone curious about some more accurate numbers for the finances of the Jets: http://www.forbes.co.../winnipeg-jets/

24th most valuable team in the league
71m revenue
-5.2m profit
43m in player expenses

#42 Johnz96

Johnz96

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 03:10 PM

For anyone curious about some more accurate numbers for the finances of the Jets: http://www.forbes.co.../winnipeg-jets/

24th most valuable team in the league
71m revenue
-5.2m profit
43m in player expenses

I would love to have Kane, he is exactly the kind of player the Wings need.
The Jets will be profitable when they make the playoffs and Kane is the guy to lead them to the promised land

#43 redwingfan19

redwingfan19

On a mission

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 01:13 PM

He is now:

NHLwiki ‏@NHLwiki
#NHL *Rumor*-Renaud Lavoie of RDS reports from sources that #NHLJets Evander Kane is unwiiling to negotiate a new contract with team.
Retweeted by Spector's Hockey
Expand
Reply Retweet Favorite
You may not like tough hockey, but it's winning hockey.

Mitch Callahan: 48GP, 6G, 3A, 9PTS,+/- -3, 103PIMS

14 Fighting Majors

#44 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 01:50 PM

They're likely to file for salary arbitration, then.

#45 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,640 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 03:06 PM

Renaud Lavoie via twitter: Lavoie heard from a player on the Jets that Evander Kane doesn’t want to negotiate a new deal.

Edit: sorry too slow ha but maybe they end up trading his rights?

Edited by amato, 16 June 2012 - 03:07 PM.

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#46 Johnz96

Johnz96

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 03:40 PM

He is young, the Red Wings are a great organization for him to grow up in, although I still say Stewart is a stronger and meaner version of the same type player who could be had for less in a trade and against the cap, but I would trade for either of them, they re exactly the type of player we need; young tough sniping power forward, Stewart would be even more ideal because of the right-handed

#47 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 05:46 PM

Now that the rumor says he wants out, I would love to get him.

I just again wonder that someone who might be in our division would trade him to us. Plus the cost.

Just watch out, because he might be Holland's target over Parise. It is possible.

Not because he thinks it Kane is better than Parise, just that it might be more manageable to get him.

I wouldn't sign him but a manageable trade would be okay.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#48 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,094 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 05:51 PM

Just watch out, because he might be Holland's target over Parise. It is possible.

Not because he thinks it Kane is better than Parise, just that it might be more manageable to get him.

I doubt it.

Still like the idea of Wheeler.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#49 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 05:51 PM

Spectors Hockey made a good point, Kane has no leverage to force a trade except a holdout or bailing to the KHL. They could risk it and take the RFA compensation or hope he comes back and the second year experience is much better.

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#50 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 08:03 PM

Hes a potential superstar that the wings could build around for the future. Much younger than any other option. I wouldnt have any prospect off limits except maybe Smith to get him

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#51 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 08:15 PM

Hes a potential superstar that the wings could build around for the future. Much younger than any other option. I wouldnt have any prospect off limits except maybe Smith to get him

I agree 100% with you. :thumbup:

#52 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 08:23 AM

I would add Nyquist and Jarnkrok to that list, but other than that, it's fair game.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#53 Kronstantinov

Kronstantinov

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 11:35 AM

Now that the rumor says he wants out, I would love to get him.

I just again wonder that someone who might be in our division would trade him to us. Plus the cost.

I wouldn't sign him but a manageable trade would be okay.

Kane would be better for the Wings only thing is they woud have to give up some assetts to get him

#54 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 03:53 PM

I would add Nyquist and Jarnkrok to that list, but other than that, it's fair game.

Nyquist is 2 years older, and Kane already has a 30 goal NHL season and nearly 60 points under his belt while being fast and a tough player. If that trade is offered straight up I take Kane every single time.

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#55 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 07:13 PM

Nyquist is 2 years older, and Kane already has a 30 goal NHL season and nearly 60 points under his belt while being fast and a tough player. If that trade is offered straight up I take Kane every single time.

Yeah, but there would be other factors in my opinion. Such as if the player fits well in the locker room or if one is likely to be more cap friendly.

Sometimes if the player is projected to put up 20% more points in the same position and role... and they want 70% more money, I would pass. I really don't know what a long term deal with Kane would llook like versus a long term with Gustav. I just assume if they had the same role Kane would get you more goals.

#56 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,697 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 07:59 PM

First of all $5M would be a 1st, 2nd & 3rd round pick...

Holland would NEVER do that...Besides, I don't think many players are worth that much in compensation... He would be better than Hudler for sure, but $5M? Whew!

EDIT: Of course that being said, Holland did say he would trade for "rights" if the right deal came up! If Holland indeed traded for Kane's rights then I would be very excited! I would ship a 4th, J. Andersson & J. Mursak for his rights...call me crazy!

Edited by LeftWinger, 18 June 2012 - 08:04 PM.

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Nestrasil, yes...Cleary....No!

Dump Q and K Now!

#57 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,094 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 11:57 AM

-1 for saying I doubt Kane is higher than Parise on Holland's priority list (if indeed Kane's on it at all), and that I like the idea of Blake Wheeler coming aboard?

Don't Toews me, bro!

#58 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 12:08 PM

I thought I heard on the radio today that Evander Kane's agent is denying that his client wanted to be traded.
Jordan Tootoo will wreck shop.

We need someone like Parise that can penetrate the box.-blueadams

#59 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 07:07 PM

From http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=398829

The reports of Evander Kane wanting out of Winnipeg appear to be greatly exaggerated.

According to TSN Hockey Insider Darren Dreger, Winnipeg Jets general manager Kevin Cheveldayoff has met with Kane's representatives from Newport Sports Management and dismissed the rumours of Kane's unhappiness with the team.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.