• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 02:05 PM

No this hasn't been floated somewhere. Just one of my crazy ideas, based on rumored needs/wants for both clubs. Det sends Quincey and the rights to Hudler to Ott for Nick Foligno.

Now if any rumors are correct, and lord only knows if they are, Det is looking to get bigger, faster, younger, and tougher. Ott is rumored to be in love with Hudler and needs 1 more D. Quincey and Foligno are RFA's. Hudler is a UFA of course. It helps both teams. maybe a draft pick back to Det to balance it out a bit more.

For those that don't know Nick Foligno he is a 24 year old LW from NY. he is listed at 6-0/210 on 1 site and 6-1/215 on others. he is good for 15+ goals per year and about 90 PIM's on average. basicly he is a LW McCarty, minus the off the ice stuff. Would think he ends up in the 2.8 to 3.2 million range to sign long term. Thoughts?

#2 Hockey13Playa

Hockey13Playa

Here's my card.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,413 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 02:11 PM

Ott is rumored to be in love with Hudler

Where did you hear/read/see this from?

Posted Image

#3 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 02:21 PM

It has been posted here and on several NHL rumor sites over the past month. Do a quick google search and you can find it.

#4 DangleDangleBeach

DangleDangleBeach

BIG PAV DANGLE HARD

• Pip
  • 145 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 02:33 PM

yeah i would do this for sure. foligno looked great last year and he definitely plays with a chip on his shoulder... though ottawa wont let him walk i can almost guarantee

#5 Jedi

Jedi

Spell Forged - Unparalleled Quality

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,804 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 02:44 PM

It has been posted here and on several NHL rumor sites over the past month. Do a quick google search and you can find it.

Sorry, but the expectation of providing source material is up to the original poster of the rumor. It's even covered in the Forum Rules.

· DO post a link reference (or cite the TV/radio source) when reporting breaking news, reports, etc. Threads started without this information may be deleted or moved.

With Paul "The Mustache" MacLean in Ottawa, it wouldn't surprise me if they're interested in Hudler, since he's coached Huddles for many years. That said, I haven't seen any rumors about the Sens' interest in Hulder. Doesn't mean there aren't any out there, I just haven't seen them myself.

snyoep.jpg
"I am the sword in the darkness... I am the watcher on the walls...
I am the shield that guards the realms of men..."

#6 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 02:44 PM

yeah i would do this for sure. foligno looked great last year and he definitely plays with a chip on his shoulder... though ottawa wont let him walk i can almost guarantee

That is why we are trading with them. Ott is a team that has limited budgets. They have needs and wants that we can help fill and visa versa. But hey it is just internet spit balling.....LOL

#7 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 03:00 PM

here is one of many opinion pieces on Hudler and Ott.

http://www.ottawasun...-sens-to-target

Did not know this was out there, but here is something of interest....

http://www.ottawasun...could-be-traded

#8 DangleDangleBeach

DangleDangleBeach

BIG PAV DANGLE HARD

• Pip
  • 145 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 03:19 PM

here is one of many opinion pieces on Hudler and Ott.

http://www.ottawasun...-sens-to-target

Did not know this was out there, but here is something of interest....

http://www.ottawasun...could-be-traded

i would take any of those 5 players except gonchar. butler... yes, foligno... yes, lehner... yes, smith... yes.

#9 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,024 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 03:26 PM

In that scenario, according to the Ottawa sun, flip them a draft pick as well and get Zach Smith. Tough players that can PK and score a bit don't come around alot, and obviously Foligno would be a great fit with his speed and aggressiveness.

Edited by Detroit # 1 Fan, 07 June 2012 - 03:27 PM.

#NOMOREKINDL

#10 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,575 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 03:31 PM

No this hasn't been floated somewhere. Just one of my crazy ideas, based on rumored needs/wants for both clubs. Det sends Quincey and the rights to Hudler to Ott for Nick Foligno.

Now if any rumors are correct, and lord only knows if they are, Det is looking to get bigger, faster, younger, and tougher. Ott is rumored to be in love with Hudler and needs 1 more D. Quincey and Foligno are RFA's. Hudler is a UFA of course. It helps both teams. maybe a draft pick back to Det to balance it out a bit more.

For those that don't know Nick Foligno he is a 24 year old LW from NY. he is listed at 6-0/210 on 1 site and 6-1/215 on others. he is good for 15+ goals per year and about 90 PIM's on average. basicly he is a LW McCarty, minus the off the ice stuff. Would think he ends up in the 2.8 to 3.2 million range to sign long term. Thoughts?

Wha-Wha-What!?!?!

Posted Image

"No One Else Better Be Looking At MY Man's Ass!"

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

#11 TheXym

TheXym

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,463 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 03:32 PM

Zach Smith would be a nice pickup. I saw him play quite a few times when he was with the Binghamton Senators. Solid player with some grit and my friend who is on the B Sen's fan advisory board says he's a great guy in the locker room as well.

Edit: typos due to using an ipod touch to post.

Edited by TheXym, 07 June 2012 - 03:33 PM.

It's pronounced "Zim" not "Exim". Aw heck with it, just call me Scott.

#12 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,003 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 03:44 PM

Wha-Wha-What!?!?!

Posted Image

Ha, I thought the same thing when I read it. I was like, when did Ott enter the conversation?

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#13 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,575 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 04:02 PM

No....I like White, he was on a record pace until the injuries took over...but while we are on the subject "if I'd make this trade" what about this one, I have mentioned this a couple of times:

to VAN: J. Franzen - J. Andersson - Pick(maybe)

to DET: Alexandre Burrows

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

#14 FlashyG

FlashyG

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,144 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 04:02 PM

I wouldn't want Foligno for both Quincey and Hudlers rights. Although I've heard far worse trade proposals than that.

I think its a little bit too expensive, If the Wings needed to sweeten the pot and Ottawa wants Hudler I'd rather give up Kindl or a later round draft pick.

We paid a pretty steep price for Quincey, I'd like to see him after he gets a training camp with the current team under his belt.

Ottawa may be hesitant to trade for Hudler's rights as well unless they get permission from the Wings to work on a deal with him beforehand.

Edited by FlashyG, 07 June 2012 - 04:43 PM.

#15 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 08:28 PM

I wouldn't want Foligno for both Quincey and Hudlers rights. Although I've heard far worse trade proposals than that.

I think its a little bit too expensive, If the Wings needed to sweeten the pot and Ottawa wants Hudler I'd rather give up Kindl or a later round draft pick.

We paid a pretty steep price for Quincey, I'd like to see him after he gets a training camp with the current team under his belt.

Ottawa may be hesitant to trade for Hudler's rights as well unless they get permission from the Wings to work on a deal with him beforehand.

It comes down to money. Quincey will be in the 3.5-4 million range, and Foligno will be around there as well.

#16 Shaman

Shaman

Die hard Red Wing fan and realist.

• Silver Booster
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 08:34 PM

Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Filppula, Abdelkader, Nyquist.... it seems the Red Wings are pretty deep up the middle. If they trade those two, they should get a couple draft picks, from Ottawa maybe that #15 overall and a third round/fourth rounder?
Feuer und Wasser kommt nicht zusammen
Kann man nicht binden sind nicht verwandt
In Funken versunken steh ich in Flammen
und bin im Wasser verbrannt
Im Wasser verbrannt

#17 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,647 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 08:58 PM

How about Neil and Carkner straight up for Hudler?

:yowza:

Edited by GMRwings1983, 07 June 2012 - 08:58 PM.

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#18 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,683 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 09:09 PM

How about Neil and Carkner straight up for Hudler?

:yowza:

To Detroit:

Chris Neil
Matt Carkner
Zach Smith
Nick Foligno

To Ottawa:

Justin Abdelkader
Hudler's negotiating rights
Jakub Kindl
Cory Emmerton
Dan Cleary

Seems legit.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#19 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 10:01 PM

That seems like a high price imo. I would rather see the rights to Hudler and Quincey traded now for picks.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#20 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,897 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 10:35 PM

That seems like a high price imo. I would rather see the rights to Hudler and Quincey traded now for picks.

I wonder how high of a draft pick the Wings could get by trading that combo?
"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"