• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Manny>Ozzie(by a long shot)

Please Mr. I...

Rate this topic

Ya, that could work too, I just chose Miller because of the sponsorship they already have with the Wings...But since there is an actual Molson Ice beer, it would make a little more sense...Either way...

White Castle? Hmmm....

One of the largest Grocery Store chains in Michigan is Spartan Store, would it piss off U of M fans too much if it were named Spartan Stadium?

There are plenty of Michigan based companies that could be used, Chrysler (technically still part of Detroit) Dodge, GM, Ford, Delphi, DOW, Whirlpool, Lear, Kellogg, Penske, Visteon, DTE Energy...but who is to say he even uses a Michigan company....Like Comcast. Even though its not a Michigan company, but it is absolutely HUGE in Michigan...I can see something with Xfinity in it...

How about Kellogg Arena a.k.a. The Cereal Bowl?

No to Karen Newman???? I just spit cereal all over my keyboard reading that...

Yeah...I hear you... The younger generation doesn't understand traditions and icons... They don't even know who Bruce Martin is. hehe

I love the goal horn, and wouldn't change it for anything. As well, I like what T. Campbell does with the individual goal songs and the clever songs that match the game (Hawaii Five-O, for example, when up 5-0 in a game).

The one thing I would change with a new arena is the exits. The Joe only has 2 exits, and only one of those with access to the people mover. The time I stayed at the RenCen, it actually took us less time to walk back than it would have to wait to get on the People Mover. I'd imagine that a new arena would have a much easier exit system, so that it's much less complicated to leave the stadium and to leave the area.

As far as naming, I think it's sadly inevitable that a corporate name will be used. If I could vote, I would vote for a name that reflects the history/spirit/culture of Detroit, so something like Motor City Arena/Center.

I love the goal horn, and wouldn't change it for anything. As well, I like what T. Campbell does with the individual goal songs and the clever songs that match the game (Hawaii Five-O, for example, when up 5-0 in a game).

The one thing I would change with a new arena is the exits. The Joe only has 2 exits, and only one of those with access to the people mover. The time I stayed at the RenCen, it actually took us less time to walk back than it would have to wait to get on the People Mover. I'd imagine that a new arena would have a much easier exit system, so that it's much less complicated to leave the stadium and to leave the area.

As far as naming, I think it's sadly inevitable that a corporate name will be used. If I could vote, I would vote for a name that reflects the history/spirit/culture of Detroit, so something like Motor City Arena/Center.

I am going to take that as a vote for my Cadillac Centre... :lol:

Hey, here is angle for a name that no one has thought of...

Due to the Detroit area's growing film industry and the more Hollywood comes knocking on our door, Ilitch Could sign a deal with Steven Spielberg and name the new place:

Amblin Arena...after Amblin Enterainment (Spielberg's production company.) I can see it now, Welcome to Amblin Arena, affectionately known as The Temple of Doom!

Guest Hatethedrake!

I am going to take that as a vote for my Cadillac Centre... :lol:

Hey, here is angle for a name that no one has thought of...

Due to the Detroit area's growing film industry and the more Hollywood comes knocking on our door, Ilitch Could sign a deal with Steven Spielberg and name the new place:

Amblin Arena...after Amblin Enterainment (Spielberg's production company.) I can see it now, Welcome to Amblin Arena, affectionately known as The Temple of Doom!

The Temple of Doom was the Red Wings power play. The next movie will be Johan Franzen and the Legend of the Missing Mule.