• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MrBest7

Message to Ken Holland...

Rate this topic

Pretty sure that the Wings already know they need a couple of defensemen. However, if you're inflexible about it and only want the three guys you've listed above, then you're going to be disappointed. There are plenty of talented defensemen out there though, so we'll be ok.

This is what I'm talking about.... This is a Stanley Cup lineup with the best defense and rolling out 4 solid lines.

FORWARDS

Zach Parise ($7.000m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Johan Franzen ($3.955m)

Dustin Penner ($4.250m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Danny Cleary ($2.800m)

Justin Abdelkader ($1.200m) / Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Todd Bertuzzi ($2.075m)

Gustav Nyquist ($0.875m) / Darren Helm ($1.200m) / Patrick Eaves ($1.200m)

Drew Miller ($0.838m) / Cory Emmerton ($0.533m) / Jan Mursak ($0.550m)

DEFENSEMEN

Shea Weber ($8.500m) / Ryan Suter ($6.000m)

Niklas Kronwall ($4.750m) / Jonathan Ericsson ($3.250m)

Brendan Smith ($0.875m) / Ian White ($2.875m)

GOALTENDERS

Jimmy Howard ($2.250m)

Joey MacDonald ($0.550m)

BUYOUTS

Jakub Kindl ($0.008m)

This is what I'm talking about.... This is a Stanley Cup lineup with the best defense and rolling out 4 solid lines.

FORWARDS

Justin Abdelkader ($1.200m) / Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Todd Bertuzzi ($2.075m)

DEFENSEMEN

GOALTENDERS

Jimmy Howard ($2.250m)

Joey MacDonald ($0.550m)

BUYOUTS

Jakub Kindl ($0.008m)

That's pretty sweet we can buyout Kindl for $8,000 :lol:

FORWARDS

DEFENSEMEN

GOALTENDERS

Jimmy Howard ($2.250m)

Joey MacDonald ($0.550m)

BUYOUTS

Jakub Kindl ($0.008m)

You sound like a leafs fan

Also, 15 forwards and fil on the third line? wow

no way,will nashville let ya'll guys have both of their all-star defencemans.it isn't guaranteed that ryan suter will sign with detroit

Thanks for pointing out the obvious! I think you deserve an award! Would you like a cookie or a clown sticker?

FORWARDS

DEFENSEMEN

GOALTENDERS

Jimmy Howard ($2.250m)

Joey MacDonald ($0.550m)

BUYOUTS

Jakub Kindl ($0.008m)

I like our chances a lot if we can play 5 lines a game! Wouldn't we need to balance it out with 4 defensive lines though?

Thanks for pointing out the obvious! I think you deserve an award! Would you like a cookie or a clown sticker?

:rotflmao:

in all seriousness though, Weber will sign with Nashville cause no team in the cap era not named the Leafs wants to deal away 3 years of 1st rounders. Suter however already stated he will be going on the FA market. Nashville will return to obscurity next year, but hey, they still have Fisher and Underwood...

Trust me... The Red Wings offer $8.5 million and 3 first round picks... Shea Weber is ours.

Give Ryan Suter a long-term 6 million deal with his best friend Zach Parise... Ryan Suter is ours.

This is the recipe for more Stanley Cups...

Look at our past roster...it's filled with 2nd to 10th round picks. The Red Wings know how to draft in later rounds.

Kris Draper for a dollar from Winnipeg!

Kirk Maltby a trade with Edmonton in '95 for defenseman Dan McGillis! WHO IS DAN McGILLIS!!!!

Vladimir Konstantinov 1989: 11th round, (221st overall)

Sergei Fedorov 1989 - 4th round (74th overall)

Keith Primeau to Hartford for Brendan Shanahan!

Nick Lidstrom 1989 - 3rd round (53rd overall)

Slava Kozlov 1990 - 2nd round (45th overall)

Bob Probert 1983 - 3rd (46th overall)

Joe Kocur 1983 - 5th Round, (88th overall)

Johan Franzen 2004 - 3rd round (97th overall)

Darren Helm 2005 - 5th round (132nd overall)

Pavel Datsyuk1998 - 6th round (171st overall)

Valtteri Filppula 2002 - 3rd round (95th overall)

Tomas Holmstrom 1994 - 10th round (257th overall)

Henrik Zetterberg 1999 - 7th round (210th overall)

Jonathan Ericsson 2002 - 9th Round, (291st overall)

Chris Osgood 1991 - 3rd round (54th overall)

Jimmy Howard 2003 - 2nd Rnd, (64th overall)

The best move was, LARRY MURPHY 1997 Trade for "future considerations." Murphy was essentially run out of town by Leafs faithful unimpressed with his

defensive play. Detroit gave up nothing to get the future Hall of Famer - the Leafs even paid some of Murphy’s salary - but the move paid off big time for the

Red Wings, who went on to win the Stanley Cup that year and the next.

I like our chances a lot if we can play 5 lines a game! Wouldn't we need to balance it out with 4 defensive lines though?

No silly... the fifth line on the list would not dress unless there were an injury.

Trust me... The Red Wings offer $8.5 million and 3 first round picks... Shea Weber is ours.

Give Ryan Suter a long-term 6 million deal with his best friend Zach Parise... Ryan Suter is ours.

So you WANT to sign a defenseman to an EXPENSIVE contract AND give up 3 extremely valuable assets in the process? In the business world we call that... stupid lol.

I collect ceramic figurines of unicorns.

Guest Hatethedrake!

Holland is not offering anything for Weber. The plan is clear. SIgn Suter this summer and then sign Weber NEXT summer. Even if Weber did sign an offer sheet, Nashville would match. Offer sheets are as rare as a sensible post from richdg. All they do is negotiate a contract for the team which has his restricted free agent rights. RFAs are not really free agents. As in they are not really FREE. Like when Carolina signed Sergei Fedorov to an offer sheet in 1998. The Wings matched it. Carolina essentially negotiated the contract for Detroit. That is what an offer sheet for Weber would do. Poile would just match it. All NHL teams know this which is why there will not be an offer sheet made for Weber by any team. Teams will simply wait until he is a UFA next summer. Kenny will be interested.

Unless we could pull off something crazy to get Weber via trade, he's not worth it. But, I would love for that to happen. I don't give a s*** what happened to Z, and I doubt Z does either. Weber's a tough player who wants to win, and he got carried away. That's hardly his typical style. I said the same thing the night it happened, but I'd love to have Weber on our team pushing someone's head into the glass because he was that intense in the moment. It wasn't a great move and I'm not condoning it, but the level of intensity he had that lead to him making an uncharacteristic move like that was the difference between the Wings and the Preds. He's hungry. He's all in. I'd love to have him on our team at some point. If we can't work out a miracle trade this year, I say we go after him hard when he's a UFA.

Again, for the love, Chris Chelios ended up playing longer in Detroit than any other city! Chris Chelios! If you don't realize how big of a deal that is, you don't know your Wings history too well.

All I'm saying is that I think we can handle Weber just fine.

Look at our past roster...it's filled with 2nd to 10th round picks. The Red Wings know how to draft in later rounds.

Kris Draper for a dollar from Winnipeg!

Kirk Maltby a trade with Edmonton in '95 for defenseman Dan McGillis! WHO IS DAN McGILLIS!!!!

Vladimir Konstantinov 1989: 11th round, (221st overall)

Sergei Fedorov 1989 - 4th round (74th overall)

Keith Primeau to Hartford for Brendan Shanahan!

Nick Lidstrom 1989 - 3rd round (53rd overall)

Slava Kozlov 1990 - 2nd round (45th overall)

Bob Probert 1983 - 3rd (46th overall)

Joe Kocur 1983 - 5th Round, (88th overall)

Johan Franzen 2004 - 3rd round (97th overall)

Darren Helm 2005 - 5th round (132nd overall)

Pavel Datsyuk1998 - 6th round (171st overall)

Valtteri Filppula 2002 - 3rd round (95th overall)

Tomas Holmstrom 1994 - 10th round (257th overall)

Henrik Zetterberg 1999 - 7th round (210th overall)

Jonathan Ericsson 2002 - 9th Round, (291st overall)

Chris Osgood 1991 - 3rd round (54th overall)

Jimmy Howard 2003 - 2nd Rnd, (64th overall)

The best move was, LARRY MURPHY 1997 Trade for "future considerations." Murphy was essentially run out of town by Leafs faithful unimpressed with his

defensive play. Detroit gave up nothing to get the future Hall of Famer - the Leafs even paid some of Murphy’s salary - but the move paid off big time for the

Red Wings, who went on to win the Stanley Cup that year and the next.

Alright, I am going to give you two responses here... One really short summed up response, and another with more text.

Response One: You are off your rocker!

Response Two: There is no way in hell that Holland is going to throw an offer sheet at Weber for 8.5million and give up three first round picks. That is crazy, and absolutely stupid. Yes Weber is good but to make a move like that is beyond awful. Why do you think it has ever been done before? Also, do you have a crystal ball? Thinking that 6 million for Suter and then Parise on long term contracts just guarantee the wings got both of them guys in the bag? I think you need to hop of that cloud you are on and come back down to Earth. Last but not least what is up with that laundry list you made? If those are justifications on why were getting Weber, Suter, and Parise then its like comparing apples to oranges. Those facts have nothing to do what so ever with acquiring those players. Weber will not be a wing this season, Holland will no way throw an offer sheet at him. I say we have a 50-60% chance to sign Suter and Parise but your assumption they we got them is just asinine.

Oh yeah, and one more thing, Suter and Parise are NOT best friends. They might be labeled as "friends" but to say they are best friends and are going to sign together is a little far fetched. No guarantees of that either. I wouldn't bank to much on if you sign one you got the other.

Guest Johnz96

So you WANT to sign a defenseman to an EXPENSIVE contract AND give up 3 extremely valuable assets in the process? In the business world we call that... stupid lol.

I collect ceramic figurines of unicorns.

I generally agree with you Fourth Line Grinder but for Weber it would be worth it, he is exactly what we need on our defense (he suits our needs much more than Suter does because he is mean , a right handed shot and a better hockey player than Suter). A dominant Norris Trophy defenseman is easily worth 3 lesser players which the drat choices will certainly be, Nashville would probably match the offer though

Alright, I am going to give you two responses here... One really short summed up response, and another with more text.

Response One: You are off your rocker!

Response Two: There is no way in hell that Holland is going to throw an offer sheet at Weber for 8.5million and give up three first round picks. That is crazy, and absolutely stupid. Yes Weber is good but to make a move like that is beyond awful. Why do you think it has ever been done before? Also, do you have a crystal ball? Thinking that 6 million for Suter and then Parise on long term contracts just guarantee the wings got both of them guys in the bag? I think you need to hop of that cloud you are on and come back down to Earth. Last but not least what is up with that laundry list you made? If those are justifications on why were getting Weber, Suter, and Parise then its like comparing apples to oranges. Those facts have nothing to do what so ever with acquiring those players. Weber will not be a wing this season, Holland will no way throw an offer sheet at him. I say we have a 50-60% chance to sign Suter and Parise but your assumption they we got them is just asinine.

Oh yeah, and one more thing, Suter and Parise are NOT best friends. They might be labeled as "friends" but to say they are best friends and are going to sign together is a little far fetched. No guarantees of that either. I wouldn't bank to much on if you sign one you got the other.

Lol. Suter and Parise are going to get more than $6 mill.

I would give 3 firsts for Suter and 8.5 he is probably the best d-man in the league (and he is mean and nasty and would be on the ice for almost half the game) exactly what the Wings need.

He would instantly put our PP back near or on top

Edited by Johnz96