• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#21 SetecX

SetecX

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 11:30 PM

Well this is what I was afraid of. What a bunch of garbage. I was dead set on going to this. Guess not now.

#22 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,851 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 11:51 PM

It will absolutely sell out, and I'd bet it would even if the cheapest ticket was $200. I don't think it's an exaggeration to estimate there are probably million people who are seriously considering trying to get tickets for this.

I'm actually pretty pleased with these prices since I was expecting double that or more.

Yeah you were! The maple leafs being the closest team to my location and Toronto being the only place I see hockey games I nearly sh*t every time I see prices on redwings.com....That being said it's a mere 5hr21min drive from here to the Joe so Im coming soon!
....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#23 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,602 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 01:09 AM

Not sure why you guys aren't becoming new Plymouth Whalers season ticket holders? :lol:

#24 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,124 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 02:48 AM

I've said it before, I have never seen WC tickets go on sale to the public. It's always the season ticket thing, corporate sponsors, and the NHL always runs promotions to 'win a chance to buy tickets'. If there are $89 tickets, you can probably nab them for $200-300. Yeah it sucks, but how much do you really want to go? Or, you can chance it and just show up and try to get tickets right before the game. That's when all the deals should be since the ticket becomes worthless to anyone once the game is over. I might try that if I can't get a hold of tickets and I live inf****** Texas. Hell, it's probably an event just being outside that game if you can't get in.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

#25 chances14

chances14

The Magician

• PipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 10:53 AM

Yea it'll sell out. For Leafs fans, that's a bargain!

The sad thing is, if the Leafs win, their fans would act like they won the Stanley Cup. I was at an exhibition game once, Leafs/Wings, and Leaf fans were honking their horns after they beat the Wings. It was September!

well yea.. when you haven't been to the playoffs since 2004, the winter classic is about as close to a playoff game feel as their ever going to get :rotflmao:

#26 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 11:25 AM

Hoping I can get some tickets through work.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#27 Jasper84

Jasper84

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 01:10 PM

So for those who have season tickets, will they have 100% chance to get tickets for the WC? My buddy and I are considering purchasing the 20-ticket package just for these tickets, but we're afraid that even if we do that we may not get to buy WC tickets.

#28 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,124 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 01:59 PM

So for those who have season tickets, will they have 100% chance to get tickets for the WC? My buddy and I are considering purchasing the 20-ticket package just for these tickets, but we're afraid that even if we do that we may not get to buy WC tickets.

I think so. I've been thinking about doing the same and I wouldn't even be able to go to the games.

#29 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,280 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 01:59 PM

I received the same e-mail, and I'd bet the farm that they guarantee you will have the opportunity to purchase tickets. I would suspect the real issue would be what tickets are left by the time you get your chance.
Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#30 chances14

chances14

The Magician

• PipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 02:33 PM

on the bright side, we might see some dirt cheap ticket prices for regular home games this year on places like stuhub if people are buying season tickets just for the winter classic and can't even go to the games.

Edited by chances14, 10 June 2012 - 02:34 PM.

#31 Danielsm

Danielsm

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 08:25 PM

Hopefully I can score 4 tickets. Would be phenomenal. Ticket prices are pretty much cheaper than the worst seats in Toronto..

#32 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,816 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 09:41 PM

Hmmm...That comfy sofa in front of my plasma tv looks like a better option at this point in time.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#33 SpiritFan

SpiritFan

Rookie

• Pip
  • 142 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:14 PM

I am curious as to why Plymouth season ticket holders would get dibs, but not Saginaw Spirit season ticket holders (which I am one of) since Saginaw will be the "home" team in their game at Comerica. I get Red Wings, Griffins, Plymouth, Leafs & Marlies... Sting MUST be a typo if talking about the Sarnia Sting, as they are not even involved in this. I am hoping that "Sting" is supposed to be "Spirit". Guess I will be calling my season ticket rep tomorrow!

#34 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,280 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 10:32 PM

I received an email today from the "official" NHL fan tickets partner. As far as I can tell, this is legit. It was sent to me by the NHL since I signed up for WC alerts. I wanted to share this for those out of state with more money than they know what to do with. :)
Here's the body to the email:

BE THERE WHEN THE GAME RETURNS OUTDOORS

GET NHL WINTER CLASSIC® Fan Ticket Packages NOW

Global Event Forum is proud to offer Official NHL 2013 Winter Classic® Fan Ticket Packages. This year’s edition features the Detroit Red Wings hosting their longtime rival the Toronto Maple Leafs – outdoors at The Big House, in Ann Arbor.

Global Event Forum has a variety of hotel + ticket or ticket + pre-game party packages available. Make plans now to see your favorite current and former players outdoors and be part of all the exciting hockey action – it’s going to be a classic.

MAKE EVERY GAME AN EVENT

• Perfect for you and your buddies, a family trip or bachelor(ette) party
• Reserve your packages now to guarantee your group’s seats are together
• Attend the 2013 NHL All Star Weekend®
• Check out Global Event Forum’s ticket packages for the best sports and music worldwide

Official NHL® Events
Fan Package Partner

This is the link to packages.
Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#35 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 23,340 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 10:40 PM

All I know is I'll be there.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#36 craigjjs

craigjjs

Jr. Prospect

• 16 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 05:15 PM

According to the STH brochure: "2012-2013 Red Wings Season Ticket Holders and key stakeholders have the opportunity to purchase at least one Winter Classic Ticket Package for each seat on their season ticket account". That seems to indicate that other ticket packages are not guaranteed. I don't know who "key stakeholders" are.

Later in the brochure, however, it says "All Red Wings Season Ticket Holders and key stakeholders have first access to 2013 Winter Classic and 2012 Hockeytown Winter Festival tickets." That confuses things a bit.

I would make darn sure that you are guaranteed tickets with a 20-ticket package because the guarantee might only apply to full STH's.

Born on a mountain in Tennessee; Greenest state in the land of the free; Raised in the woods so's he knew every tree; He killed him a bear when was only three.

#37 8 Legged RedWing

8 Legged RedWing

Arms... Legs... Whatever.

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,292 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 06:17 PM

To answer your question, Yes this will sell out. My left nut isn't safe in the coming months. I will be at this game. No questions asked.

#38 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,770 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 06:27 PM

As I have gotten older, I have grown to appreciate the sport of hockey. I have done tailgating for football games, bought season tickets for hockey teams, and so on. When I see the prices for this one game, I shake my head. Am I the only one that thinks its not worth it to go? Its 2 hours away for me. Then I have to sit in the cold and watch the game? I went to the very first cold war and it was fun, but man, I got in for a reasonable price. This is just price gouging.

For the price of admission for a decent seat and gas there and back plus time spent, it will be about $500. I can take $50 of that and make a fantastic dinner, and watch it on my 52 inch LCD TV. Oh, I will be able to see the game better, oh and I won't have to sit in the cold. Oh, and I won't have to deal with drunken idiots, the hassle of parking, or driving all that way there and back.

Am I the only one who feels this way?
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#39 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,124 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 06:30 PM

I received an email today from the "official" NHL fan tickets partner. As far as I can tell, this is legit. It was sent to me by the NHL since I signed up for WC alerts. I wanted to share this for those out of state with more money than they know what to do with. :)
Here's the body to the email:

Thanks for posting that. Pricey, but nice to know there are 'options'.

#40 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,602 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 12:08 AM

For the price of admission for a decent seat and gas there and back plus time spent, it will be about $500. I can take $50 of that and make a fantastic dinner, and watch it on my 52 inch LCD TV. Oh, I will be able to see the game better, oh and I won't have to sit in the cold. Oh, and I won't have to deal with drunken idiots, the hassle of parking, or driving all that way there and back.

Am I the only one who feels this way?

After seeing the prices that Vladdy posted...and since it is shown as an Official NHL merchant...$325 for a single ticket??? And these are high seats...do you guys realize that you won't be able to see the puck from up there? I've been to the Big House, and I've walked up there. No, you will not be able to see the puck from the high seats. What a deal at $325 a pop. :thumbdown: