• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

SoupSnake

Winter Classic Prices Announced

Rate this topic

So for those who have season tickets, will they have 100% chance to get tickets for the WC? My buddy and I are considering purchasing the 20-ticket package just for these tickets, but we're afraid that even if we do that we may not get to buy WC tickets.

So for those who have season tickets, will they have 100% chance to get tickets for the WC? My buddy and I are considering purchasing the 20-ticket package just for these tickets, but we're afraid that even if we do that we may not get to buy WC tickets.

I think so. I've been thinking about doing the same and I wouldn't even be able to go to the games.

I received the same e-mail, and I'd bet the farm that they guarantee you will have the opportunity to purchase tickets. I would suspect the real issue would be what tickets are left by the time you get your chance.

on the bright side, we might see some dirt cheap ticket prices for regular home games this year on places like stuhub if people are buying season tickets just for the winter classic and can't even go to the games.

Edited by chances14

I am curious as to why Plymouth season ticket holders would get dibs, but not Saginaw Spirit season ticket holders (which I am one of) since Saginaw will be the "home" team in their game at Comerica. I get Red Wings, Griffins, Plymouth, Leafs & Marlies... Sting MUST be a typo if talking about the Sarnia Sting, as they are not even involved in this. I am hoping that "Sting" is supposed to be "Spirit". Guess I will be calling my season ticket rep tomorrow!

I received an email today from the "official" NHL fan tickets partner. As far as I can tell, this is legit. It was sent to me by the NHL since I signed up for WC alerts. I wanted to share this for those out of state with more money than they know what to do with. :)

Here's the body to the email:

BE THERE WHEN THE GAME RETURNS OUTDOORS

GET NHL WINTER CLASSIC® Fan Ticket Packages NOW

Global Event Forum is proud to offer Official NHL 2013 Winter Classic® Fan Ticket Packages. This year’s edition features the Detroit Red Wings hosting their longtime rival the Toronto Maple Leafs – outdoors at The Big House, in Ann Arbor.

Global Event Forum has a variety of hotel + ticket or ticket + pre-game party packages available. Make plans now to see your favorite current and former players outdoors and be part of all the exciting hockey action – it’s going to be a classic.

MAKE EVERY GAME AN EVENT

• Perfect for you and your buddies, a family trip or bachelor(ette) party

• Reserve your packages now to guarantee your group’s seats are together

• Attend the 2013 NHL All Star Weekend®

• Check out Global Event Forum’s ticket packages for the best sports and music worldwide

Official NHL® Events

Fan Package Partner

This is the link to packages.

According to the STH brochure: "2012-2013 Red Wings Season Ticket Holders and key stakeholders have the opportunity to purchase at least one Winter Classic Ticket Package for each seat on their season ticket account". That seems to indicate that other ticket packages are not guaranteed. I don't know who "key stakeholders" are.

Later in the brochure, however, it says "All Red Wings Season Ticket Holders and key stakeholders have first access to 2013 Winter Classic and 2012 Hockeytown Winter Festival tickets." That confuses things a bit.

I would make darn sure that you are guaranteed tickets with a 20-ticket package because the guarantee might only apply to full STH's.

As I have gotten older, I have grown to appreciate the sport of hockey. I have done tailgating for football games, bought season tickets for hockey teams, and so on. When I see the prices for this one game, I shake my head. Am I the only one that thinks its not worth it to go? Its 2 hours away for me. Then I have to sit in the cold and watch the game? I went to the very first cold war and it was fun, but man, I got in for a reasonable price. This is just price gouging.

For the price of admission for a decent seat and gas there and back plus time spent, it will be about $500. I can take $50 of that and make a fantastic dinner, and watch it on my 52 inch LCD TV. Oh, I will be able to see the game better, oh and I won't have to sit in the cold. Oh, and I won't have to deal with drunken idiots, the hassle of parking, or driving all that way there and back.

Am I the only one who feels this way?

I received an email today from the "official" NHL fan tickets partner. As far as I can tell, this is legit. It was sent to me by the NHL since I signed up for WC alerts. I wanted to share this for those out of state with more money than they know what to do with. :)

Here's the body to the email:

Thanks for posting that. Pricey, but nice to know there are 'options'.

For the price of admission for a decent seat and gas there and back plus time spent, it will be about $500. I can take $50 of that and make a fantastic dinner, and watch it on my 52 inch LCD TV. Oh, I will be able to see the game better, oh and I won't have to sit in the cold. Oh, and I won't have to deal with drunken idiots, the hassle of parking, or driving all that way there and back.

After seeing the prices that Vladdy posted...and since it is shown as an Official NHL merchant...$325 for a single ticket??? And these are high seats...do you guys realize that you won't be able to see the puck from up there? I've been to the Big House, and I've walked up there. No, you will not be able to see the puck from the high seats. What a deal at $325 a pop. :thumbdown:

Nope - throw in with ya as well.

I'd love to go, but as you said the prices are Maple Leaf fan gouge worthy.

Don't get me wrong, I have a nice job and I want to go. But the cost of the seats are ludicrous. Especially for a nice seat where you can see the puck and where it doesn't look like a bunch of ants on a rink from the nosebleed seats. $200 per ticket? No thanks. 2 hour drive for me? No thanks. Watching for free in HDTV quality? No problem!

Hoping I can get some tickets through work.

Enough to share with your good friends here? ;)

As I have gotten older, I have grown to appreciate the sport of hockey. I have done tailgating for football games, bought season tickets for hockey teams, and so on. When I see the prices for this one game, I shake my head. Am I the only one that thinks its not worth it to go? Its 2 hours away for me. Then I have to sit in the cold and watch the game? I went to the very first cold war and it was fun, but man, I got in for a reasonable price. This is just price gouging.

Sadly, I think I am leaning toward just staying home. Maybe trying to get downtown for some of those events. But being a single mom that has to pay for private school for my kids, I will likely have to make the "right" decision and not spend my money which is very hard to come by on one game. We can always have a Winter Classic party somewhere too, that always makes it fun.

Well since there's no public tickets, looks like the dream of going to see the Wings play an outdoor game is thrown out the window <_<

You can still go, but you will be paying through the nose to go. Hell, regular ticket prices are expensive as it is. Could you imagine paying double just go get in the door?

I have never been more upset with the Red Wings than right now.

They have completely sold out the average fan on this event to make as much money as possible by making it nothing more than marketing for season tickets. I understand the tickets being pricey, and I think that is fine and okay... but if you make them so limited with the ******* stub hub s*** then you are putting the tickets out of reach of the fans. At least with a public sale you are going to get some actual fans to get their hands on tickets.

I would love to go to this event, but the average ticket price would use up 10% of my savings because the economy sucks and I have college debt.

I would have rather they sold the tickets directly to the Detroit fans at three times the cost and that way the scalpers wouldn't be able to invest as much.

Honestly, they want me to drop 800 bucks down for season tickets so I can drop another 150 down on these... Can't I just give you 800 for the tickets and call it even?

I know for a fact I would never give that to a scalper. I did it once for the Pistons championship game and it remains one of the biggest regrets ever.

You can still go, but you will be paying through the nose to go. Hell, regular ticket prices are expensive as it is. Could you imagine paying double just go get in the door?

I'm not even sure I want to see the prices that are going to be on stub hub

Lets not kid ourselves; Mike Ilitch, and his beloved Detroit Red Wings are great at making a profit for themselves; this fleecing of Toronto Maple Leaf fans - aka - the Winter Classic - is a prime example of such.

I'm of the opinion Mike Ilitch could care less as to who shows up wearing whatever color of sweater - just that they pay full price for the ticket.

And I don't have a big problem with that. Would it be nice if ticket prices were more reasonable? Absolutely. But the Wings were hemorrhaging money when he bought them, and he invested millions of his own $ to get the Wings where they are today. It's time to reap the rewards of his faith, effort and open checkbook as far as I'm concerned. After all, hockey is a business, not just entertainment, as I am so often reminded here.

Also, word on the street is he is willing to foot the majority of the bill, if not all, for a new arena, which many here have been begging for for a long time. I don't know about anyone else, but I'm not buying enough Little Caesar's to help him out with that.

I have never been more upset with the Red Wings than right now.

They have completely sold out the average fan on this event to make as much money as possible by making it nothing more than marketing for season tickets. I understand the tickets being pricey, and I think that is fine and okay... but if you make them so limited with the ******* stub hub s*** then you are putting the tickets out of reach of the fans. At least with a public sale you are going to get some actual fans to get their hands on tickets.

I would love to go to this event, but the average ticket price would use up 10% of my savings because the economy sucks and I have college debt.

I would have rather they sold the tickets directly to the Detroit fans at three times the cost and that way the scalpers wouldn't be able to invest as much.

Honestly, they want me to drop 800 bucks down for season tickets so I can drop another 150 down on these... Can't I just give you 800 for the tickets and call it even?

I know for a fact I would never give that to a scalper. I did it once for the Pistons championship game and it remains one of the biggest regrets ever.

Honestly, if you want to be mad at anyone, be mad at the NHL. This is their event, they are the ones who set the prices & the ticketing policy. The Wings & Leafs are each getting a percentage of the ticket sales. This really isn't considered to be a true home game for the Wings, otherwise season ticket holders would not have to buy their tickets separately from their packages.

It sucks for a lot of people out there who would like to go the game, but unfortunately that's the way it is.

Edited by juiceman

The prices are hefty, but I guess this is where having no kids and no responsibilities other than rent and student loans comes in handy. I could save up for three months and be able to get a pair of tickets. But I can understand people with a family and how they would feel.