• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

SoupSnake

Winter Classic Prices Announced

Rate this topic

I purchased the 20 game plan since the ticket agent told me that was the lowest package I could buy to be guaranteed tickets to the Winter Classic, My time frame to buy is starting on Monday. My cousins are supposed to come with me depending on price but I'll be buying the four tickets and if any of them change their mind I will let you guys know. As for prices, they are pretty much in line with regular home games for the Canadiens.

Anyone get tickets for the game yet? My frieind here at work told me sometime last week that her husband had gotten tickets and she just told me she's been hearing about people getting them. I was wondering if anyone has had access to them without having season tickets.

This is absolutely price gouging, and it sucks. I really, really, would like to go to this. But I live in Minnesota, and would want to attend with my brother or some friends still in the Detroit area. For me to justify staying away from home over New Years', and then explain to my wife that this game/event costs about 4 or 5 times more than I would normally pay to attend a hockey game...yeah, I wouldn't blame her for being pissed.

And it's sad because a few years ago when I was hoping for this to happen, I would have said there's NO WAY I'm missing it if it comes to Detroit. But now I'm not too sure.

Oh well, I'm equally excited for 24/7. Putting a camera in front of Datysuk for a whole month has to be comedy gold.

I think Leaf fans could damn near sell the place out alone, honestly.

They won't, but that fanbase is crazy enough that 110,000 Leaf fans probably wouldn't hesitate to cross the boarder for this game.

I guess hadn't fully appreciated the Toronto factor. Hockeytown's demand for this would have been enough...now I'm kind of wishing we were playing this game against Phoenix. Or at least some other team that can't draw like this from 4 hours away.

Anyone get tickets for the game yet? My frieind here at work told me sometime last week that her husband had gotten tickets and she just told me she's been hearing about people getting them. I was wondering if anyone has had access to them without having season tickets.

Paid for mine today as a season ticket holder. Deadline is the week of July 9th. Although they will not be mailed until Dec 1st

A friend and I are sharing season tickets, and he was able to buy our tickets on Monday. Actually, prices aren't that bad. For me, it's double the amount I would spend for really good tickets at the Joe, and that's counting both the Winter Classic and GLI ticket. Our seats are pretty good too, I think, considering I've never been to the Big House before.

Honestly, if you want to be mad at anyone, be mad at the NHL. This is their event, they are the ones who set the prices & the ticketing policy. The Wings & Leafs are each getting a percentage of the ticket sales. This really isn't considered to be a true home game for the Wings, otherwise season ticket holders would not have to buy their tickets separately from their packages.

It sucks for a lot of people out there who would like to go the game, but unfortunately that's the way it is.

Yeah you're right, I'm not mad at the Illitch family. But it sucks that there are SO many seats to this thing, and yet the only way to get one is the secondary market. 150 is bad enough, but I think the StubHub prices are going to be far worse.

Sent on iPhone using Tapatalk