• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#61 Blood On The Ice

Blood On The Ice

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 04:15 PM

Anyone get tickets for the game yet? My frieind here at work told me sometime last week that her husband had gotten tickets and she just told me she's been hearing about people getting them. I was wondering if anyone has had access to them without having season tickets.

Paid for mine today as a season ticket holder. Deadline is the week of July 9th. Although they will not be mailed until Dec 1st

#62 Miss Wing Queen

Miss Wing Queen

Hockeytown's Helmetless Hero

• PipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 06:55 PM

A friend and I are sharing season tickets, and he was able to buy our tickets on Monday. Actually, prices aren't that bad. For me, it's double the amount I would spend for really good tickets at the Joe, and that's counting both the Winter Classic and GLI ticket. Our seats are pretty good too, I think, considering I've never been to the Big House before.

#63 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 07:10 AM

You can now factor booze into your budget.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#64 StormJH1

StormJH1

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 07:57 AM

Honestly, if you want to be mad at anyone, be mad at the NHL. This is their event, they are the ones who set the prices & the ticketing policy. The Wings & Leafs are each getting a percentage of the ticket sales. This really isn't considered to be a true home game for the Wings, otherwise season ticket holders would not have to buy their tickets separately from their packages.

It sucks for a lot of people out there who would like to go the game, but unfortunately that's the way it is.

Yeah you're right, I'm not mad at the Illitch family. But it sucks that there are SO many seats to this thing, and yet the only way to get one is the secondary market. 150 is bad enough, but I think the StubHub prices are going to be far worse.

Sent on iPhone using Tapatalk

#65 craigjjs

craigjjs

Jr. Prospect

• 16 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 03:47 PM

Tickets are not yet on StubHub, but they are on E-Bay. They are stunningly overpriced, which is no surprise.
Born on a mountain in Tennessee; Greenest state in the land of the free; Raised in the woods so's he knew every tree; He killed him a bear when was only three.