• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Tim.D

Brad Stuart's rights traded to San Jose

Rate this topic

Stuart leaving is a bigger loss than most realize. He takes a lot of crap around here from some who fail to see just how good he was overall for four years here. Sure, he wasn't perfect, but there aren't many who come even close to great, let alone very good, and Stuart was without a doubt very, very, very good and a very important part of the Wings defensive puzzle over the last four years. Losing him and Nick in one fell swoop is rough.

If Holland can't make some big things happen, we're likely to have a rough season ahead of us. Thankfully, for once, I think Holland knows he has to be more pro-active and aggressive than he's had to be at any point in his career. If ever there was a sink or swim time for the Wings management, it's now.

Also, not expecting this pick to hang around for long. Whenever Holland trades for the rights of one of his big targets, this will be in the package no doubt.

Stuart leaving is a bigger loss than most realize. He takes a lot of crap around here from some who fail to see just how good he was overall for four years here. Sure, he wasn't perfect, but there aren't many who come even close to great, let alone very good, and Stuart was without a doubt very, very, very good and a very important part of the Wings defensive puzzle over the last four years. Losing him and Nick in one fell swoop is rough.

If Holland can't make some big things happen, we're likely to have a rough season ahead of us. Thankfully, for once, I think Holland knows he has to be more pro-active and aggressive than he's had to be at any point in his career. If ever there was a sink or swim time for the Wings management, it's now.

Also, not expecting this pick to hang around for long. Whenever Holland trades for the rights of one of his big targets, this will be in the package no doubt.

Agreed. I always thought Stuart was a great d man. I think moving his rights was Hollands first step in being more pro-active this off season. Glad we got something for him rather than nothing.. Can't wait to see what else happens this off season.

Guest Johnz96

Quincey is a lot like Stuart, a little less physical but a better skater and a little more skilled and much younger

Hopefully Quincey will step up his game, as well as Ericcson. Stuart was pretty bad this year his heart was in Cali it seemed.

Hmm I dont know much about this Murray.. 6'2, 220 lbs,played 39 games with San Jose last year and 10 with Worcester, I wonder if he was hurt or something?

Hes a center, could the writing be on the wall for Emmerton and the wings want some size down the middle and in the bottom 6?

Quincey is a lot like Stuart, a little less physical but a better skater and a little more skilled and much younger

I don't think I would say he is "a lot like" Stuart. They both play a somewhat different style game in my opinion.

Edited by Hockey13Playa