• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Tim.D

Brad Stuart's rights traded to San Jose

Rate this topic

Ansar Khan is also reporting that the Wings have no interest in Murray. SJ was up against the roster limit, and needed to unload a player to make the trade work.

Wings have no plans for Murray. Sharks needed to unload a player to stay at the 50-man roster limit.

I really like Brad Stuart, on and off the ice. He's a quality player, and he will definitely be missed. We knew he was going, but it's still sad. I think he enjoyed being a Wing, although I am pretty sure he never, ever wanted to leave SJ in the first place. He was forced to, by the trade for Thornton, to Boston.

So, he's back home with his family. We are poorer for the loss of him on our blue line - like we need to lose anyone else? - but I wish him all the luck in the world unless he's playing against us. :D

Thanks for your services, Brad. :thumbup:

You look at his performance in 2010-11 and compare it to 2011-12 when he made it verbally known that he wanted to leave.

The performance was night and day. He made Ericcson look like Nicky in comparison. He skated away from the puck, made little effort to maintain puck possesion and although everyone looked crappola in the Playoffs this year, he was one of the worst out there.

I dont understand the love fest for him when it was obvious he had zero intention of playing hard last season.

stats are games played, goals, assists, points, PIM, +/-

2010-11 Detroit Red Wings NHL 67 3 17 20 40 4

2011-12 Detroit Red Wings NHL 81 6 15 21 29 16

He played less the year prior and had almost the same numbers, I dont look at plus minus because that is a team stat. He wasnt helping as much and definitely wasnt manning up on guys like he did in the previous year.

Edited by Cali-Wing-Nut

You look at his performance in 2010-11 and compare it to 2011-12 when he made it verbally known that he wanted to leave.

The performance was night and day. He made Ericcson look like Nicky in comparison. He skated away from the puck, made little effort to maintain puck possesion and although everyone looked crappola in the Playoffs this year, he was one of the worst out there.

I dont understand the love fest for him when it was obvious he had zero intention of playing hard last season.

Stuart was always professional. I think you’re being too harsh.

My only criticism of Stuart was he was a little too mellow for a physical D-man, for lack of a better description. Plug that #3-4 position with someone a little more hateful to play against. Even Quincey has more edge to his game.

That being said, I really liked Stewie. He was steady, from all reports an amazing team-mate, and worked hard. He won’t be easy to replace.

Best of luck Brad!!!!

im not sad nor happy...yet

stuart was pretty consistent. solid guy. Looked like he was slowing down a bit though

I would of thought stuart was worth more then a 7th and andrew murray though. I guess its not that bad considering its just rights

lets see what you got mr holland. replacing lids and stuart.

Edited by brett

He played less the year prior and had almost the same numbers, I dont look at plus minus because that is a team stat. He wasnt helping as much and definitely wasnt manning up on guys like he did in the previous year.

I'm pretty pissed that Sharks almost got a freebie here,but at least we've got a pick in return.

I don't bother about his points much,cause he's a defensive d-man with extremely limited PP time,but if you want to talk about stats,here are some:

2010-11: 131 Hits,114 Blocks

2011-12: 177 Hits,115 Blocks

That's still good enough for me

Don't let the door hit you on the ass Stuart. I don't feel bad for anyone who makes multiple million dollars a year in a occupation that is not family friendly and then complains about not getting to see their family. If he really wanted to see them more he'd just retire.

@AnsarKhanMLive: Holland on Stuart: “He was a good player for us. We would have liked to have re-signed him. Gave us 4 good years."

@AnsarKhanMLive: Wings' Holland: “A big part of the reason we made the deal for Quincey was in the event Lidstrom retired and we couldn't re-sign Stuart."

@AnsarKhanMLive: Wings' Holland: “A big part of the reason we made the deal for Quincey was in the event Lidstrom retired and we couldn't re-sign Stuart."

I am not directing this at you but it somewhat bothers me that Holland said that statement. Holland knowing that Lidstrom's time was coming and that Stuart would most likely be gone so he signs Quincey? What a ******* joke. I mean I don't have a problem for Quincey but knowing both of those pieces are most likely going to be out of Detroit and you bring him in? Uhh okkkkayyy.

I am not directing this at you but it somewhat bothers me that Holland said that statement. Holland knowing that Lidstrom's time was coming and that Stuart would most likely be gone so he signs Quincey? What a ******* joke. I mean I don't have a problem for Quincey but knowing both of those pieces are most likely going to be out of Detroit and you bring him in? Uhh okkkkayyy.

whats so bothersome? he was working under the assumption he might need another top 4 D. quincey had established himself as that the last couple seasons. in his mind, quincey was a reasonable replacement for stuart. i don't think that was too far fetched when the move was made. (with how he looked once he got here it does bring that into question) replacing stuart isn't the problem, its trying to get suter as a replacement for nick that is the key.

7th round in 2014 plus a dud ... OK, I know it was only for 3 weeks of negotiating rights but better than nothing. I think it was just a classy gesture by the Wings who wants the best for Stuart. Bad thing is we will play him what 6 times in a year? SJ just got a bit better and we got a lot worst in the last 2 weeks.

Q is the replacement for Stu.....Q is not as good in his own end as Stu, but he's not bad either. Plus he's a bit more mobile, has an offensive touch to his game, is younger than the aging Stuart, and is cheaper. I'll take him as the new Stewie any day of the week. And that 3-way trade we did to get him was absolutely marvelous....still gets me hard like a diamond in an ice storm.

Still have to replace Lidstrom. July 1st is coming.

Edited by number9

I'm sorry please forgive me if I'm being stupid but what the Hell is Holland doing. Why are we trading Brad Stuart's rights for Andrew Murray's rights and a 7th Round Condiotional Draft Pick. What's the point of Andrew Murray and this is Brad Stuart he was very solid on this team; another elite team like the Sharks. We can't get at least a 4th Round Draft Pick that we actually get instead of a 7th Round Cond Pick?? This just sounds to me like we're getting the worst end of this deal. I would think we could get a lot more for Brad Stuart's Rights. I realize they are only rights but this just doesn't sound like a good deal for us. I mean if nother works out than neither team get's anything and what was the point of that. I'm sure that Stuart will most likely sign with SJ so we'll most likely get our 7th Round Draft Pick but do the Wings really need a guy like Andrew Murray? Seems to me like we need more Impact Players and not ones like Murray. Just my opnion take it for what it is, but I'm losing faith in Ken Holland.

I'm sorry please forgive me if I'm being stupid but what the Hell is Holland doing. Why are we trading Brad Stuart's rights for Andrew Murray's rights and a 7th Round Condiotional Draft Pick. What's the point of Andrew Murray and this is Brad Stuart he was very solid on this team; another elite team like the Sharks. We can't get at least a 4th Round Draft Pick that we actually get instead of a 7th Round Cond Pick?? This just sounds to me like we're getting the worst end of this deal. I would think we could get a lot more for Brad Stuart's Rights. I realize they are only rights but this just doesn't sound like a good deal for us. I mean if nother works out than neither team get's anything and what was the point of that. I'm sure that Stuart will most likely sign with SJ so we'll most likely get our 7th Round Draft Pick but do the Wings really need a guy like Andrew Murray? Seems to me like we need more Impact Players and not ones like Murray. Just my opnion take it for what it is, but I'm losing faith in Ken Holland.

Because Stuart was leaving Detroit to play in California regardless. A little something is better then nothing at all. You don't usually get much for trading rights especially when the team he was traded to essentially knows they have a 1/3 or 0.33% chance to sign him. (3 teams in California where he said he wanted to be).

Edited by Hockey13Playa

Who is this Alex Murray fellow? Will he be of any use?

If you read through the topic a few posts mentioned it. What I gathered is that hes just a career AHL'er. Bounced back between the NHL and AHL when he was in Columbus. Also I think someone stated he's 30 years of age. The reason we got him was so SJ could free up a roster spot, they were at the limit. Wings have no interest in re-signing him.