• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Tim.D

Brad Stuart's rights traded to San Jose

Rate this topic

He'll be missed, especially for his seemingly endless amount of goal-line plays that saved a goal. However, he is 32 (if my source is correct) and the Wings could be helped by getting younger and bigger. Glad to see him be able to continue to play for a contending team and be close to his family.

Guest Hatethedrake!

He'll be missed, especially for his seemingly endless amount of goal-line plays that saved a goal. However, he is 32 (if my source is correct) and the Wings could be helped by getting younger and bigger. Glad to see him be able to continue to play for a contending team and be close to his family.

It's kind of funny how Stuart is deemed too old however to me having a 38 year old Bertuzzi for 2 more seasons is what sets us back the most. Nick is gone. So too likely is Homer. Stuart is gone. Likely the same with Hudler who is in his prime. Thank God for the Todd though.

Nothing but well wishes for Brad and his family. I know I can't stand it when my family is away for a weekend. I couldn't imagine only seeing my family for a few times during the 6-8 month season.

Guest Hatethedrake!

Both Brad and Kenny have handled things all season with class. Stuart has been ip front from the start about his intentions. Kenny is doing Brad a favour by trading him well before July 1st. Nick gave Kenny all kinds of preparation for July 1st by retiring when he did. The Wings are just a class organization which is rare in today's sports. You look at guys like Selanne and Niedermayer and how they dicked around the Ducks a few years back. I appreciate how the Wings and their players go about their business. :thumbup:

This was gonna happen either way...so far, it is all going to plan...

1. Cap went up!

2. Lids hung them up! (ya this was a bit to swallow, but geesh, folks on here (including me) were saying not too long ago that LIds either needs to take $2.0M or retire. So there ya go, he retired)

3. Stuart left.

...now we will see if the plan keeps going or if it has to change drastically. Bottom line, if Holland does indeed throw the wallet at Suter/Parise and he doesn't get them, its because they didn't want to be here and I think that is the ONLY way they aren't in Wings jersey's next season. I son't think their current clubs can out bid Detroit...Jersey for it's financial woes and Nashville because of Rinne's dumb ass contract and Weber needing to be signed...Speaking of Nashville, would anyone want Tootoo here for that 4th line hitter/grinder? Just curious...

Guest Hatethedrake!

1. Cap went up!

2. Lids hung them up! (ya this was a bit to swallow, but geesh, folks on here (including me) were saying not too long ago that LIds either needs to take $2.0M or retire. So there ya go, he retired)

3. Stuart left.

...now we will see if the plan keeps going or if it has to change drastically. Bottom line, if Holland does indeed throw the wallet at Suter/Parise and he doesn't get them, its because they didn't want to be here and I think that is the ONLY way they aren't in Wings jersey's next season. I son't think their current clubs can out bid Detroit...Jersey for it's financial woes and Nashville because of Rinne's dumb ass contract and Weber needing to be signed...Speaking of Nashville, would anyone want Tootoo here for that 4th line hitter/grinder? Just curious...

Oh christ no on Tootoo. We need guys with guts. Not guys who hit players from behind and then run and hide behind the refs. We already have Franzen for that.

1. Cap went up!

3. Stuart left.

Noooooooo!! Haha do NOT want tootoo at all, ever.

1. Cap went up!

3. Stuart left.

Much as I hated him a few years ago it seems he has changed his game up a bit but is still a good hitteer/grinder. I think I would be just fine with him on the 4th.

Speaking of Nashville, would anyone want Tootoo here for that 4th line hitter/grinder? Just curious...

God, no. We already get enough of that damn "Tootoo Whistle" when we play against the Preds. Don't need someone to bring that to the Joe and hear it every damn game.

It's kind of funny how Stuart is deemed too old however to me having a 38 year old Bertuzzi for 2 more seasons is what sets us back the most. Nick is gone. So too likely is Homer. Stuart is gone. Likely the same with Hudler who is in his prime. Thank God for the Todd though.

I was only speaking about Stuart and since he is a pending UFA the Wings can actually acquire someone younger. I agree that Bertuzzi should no longer be on this team but unfortunately he has that contract and would be somewhat difficult to move unless as part of a package deal.

1. Cap went up!

3. Stuart left.

Unfortunately New Jersey found an investor that will take that problem away from them. Things have changed in the life and times of Zach Parise. I'm saying he may only leave New Jersey if he wins the cup so he felt that he lead them there and not so bad for just ditching.

Don't let the door hit you on the ass Stuart. I don't feel bad for anyone who makes multiple million dollars a year in a occupation that is not family friendly and then complains about not getting to see their family. If he really wanted to see them more he'd just retire.

Uh, what?

Apparently you don't have a family.

Uh, what?

Apparently you don't have a family.

I guess not. I'm not looking forward to being gone the next week and 1/2 coming up much less the amount the players have to be away. Yeah they make millions but they are still human beings with love for their families. Never understood why some fans get mad at athlete's for saying that they want to be around their family more.

Unfortunately New Jersey found an investor that will take that problem away from them. Things have changed in the life and times of Zach Parise. I'm saying he may only leave New Jersey if he wins the cup so he felt that he lead them there and not so bad for just ditching.

Well if they wind up keeping him, that is ok, so then who would be the backup plan?

UFA's:

Doan

Semin

Kostitsyn, A.

Trade:

Iginla

Nash

Staal

Perry

I guess I'd rather see him stay in NJ, than join St. Louis or Chicago or someone else that would hurt us...

you aren't understanding the point he was trying to make. what he is saying is that it was hard to get any value for his rights because everyone knew he had a short list of teams. the reason teams will give more for negotiating rights is they know they are competing against many other teams and getting that exclusive window is important. but since the sharks knew they had a high probability of signing him regardless, they had little motivation to give up anything of value just for the chance to sign him now instead of july first.

the most likely scenario was that they got word that anaheim wanted to offer him a contract so they gave up an asset to make sure anaheim never got the chance...

I understood perfectly. He remarked about Brad going public about it and it has nothing to do with that. My point was that even if Brad hadn't gone public, Californian teams still would have known through the grapevine, and exactly like you said they therefore have no reason to give much for him other than keeping LA and ANy outta the mix.

It's about his desire to be in Cali, not making that desire public. If he hadnt made it public other teams would vie for his rights too but like i said that would likely net us only a low pick or nothing in the end anyway. So Holland kept it classy by sending him straight to SJ....he knew he could only get a 7th, whether Brad went public or not is beside the point.

Did you have the same attitude when Brian Rafalski signed here to be closer to his family?

I'm not a New Jersey fan so why would I care.

If I was a New Jersey fan then yes I would have felt the same way.

It doesn't matter what team you are a fan of... You are being hypocritical then. If you feel the way you do in your previous post then you should feel the same way about Rafalski coming to Detroit to play. The player nor team should matter, if you believe in something stick with it either way.

Neither am I,but as a Wings fan got to respect his decision to be with his family,especially after this statement yesterday:

“Yeah, if it was a purely hockey decision, I would stay,” Stuart said. “But I've got other things to consider and other factors other than just hockey.”

Neither am I,but as a Wings fan got to respect his decision to be with his family,especially after this statement yesterday:

Ya, if you are going to be mad, be mad at the ex-husband for not letting his daughter move to Detroit...then again, who would want to let your daughter move 2500 miles away and then you would see her even less! I commend Stuart for putting family ahead of the NHL....(I just don't wish him luck when he plays us...) You are a good man Brad...until you are facing the Wings...after the buzzer? Good man again!

Its really Stuart's fault that Kenny only got a 7th out of the rights, because he made his desire to be in San Jose public. The Wings are lucky they got anything. If they had kept it private, maybe they would have gotten a higher pick.

Did Stuart really even ever go public with it? I'm trying to remember how the info came out.

I thought it just started turning up in articles about the Wings how he had this situation back in california.

Best to luck Stewie, you will be missed.

On a side note, the Wings were doing Stuart favor by sending him to a West Coast Team, that just shows you they care about their players. Not many employers like that.

Don't know if I like us doing San Hosay favors.

How can people not like that? We got something for a guy who would have walked for nothing anyways. Murray will give us a bit of depth and with our development system even a 7th round pick could mean something in the not so far away future.

This is a win win for both sides and I am happy for Stuart. I think its really unfair to criticize him, he gave his all to this team and now wants to be closer to his family, something everyone should understand.