• Please log in to reply
128 replies to this topic

#101 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,775 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 11:05 PM

Like everyone else I knew it was coming but when it happens, it stings a little. I have loved Stuart since he joined us and has been a key part in our success. Worst case scenario for the D corps was (imho) Lids and Stuart left at the same time...Good luck with the sharks Brad and I feel somewhat bad that I'll be cursing your name soon....Also good good luck to Ken and Co. as well. Now its time to see what these upstairs boys are made of.:boxing:
....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#102 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,187 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 11:08 PM

So many folks in this thread don't seem to understand the concept of trading a player's rights. This is NOT the same as trading a signed player where you command an equal return on the player being shipped out.

Don't understand how anyone could be mad at this. He wasn't going to re-sign with the wings regardless, so its a good thing we got something in return.

Either let him walk as a UFA and watch him sign with the Sharks, OR trade his rights and get value for him. Its a no brainer.
Posted Image

#103 crispychris

crispychris

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 04:39 AM

Man, do we have some holes to fill on our blue line.

#104 SaCkaveli20

SaCkaveli20

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 06:37 AM

So many folks in this thread don't seem to understand the concept of trading a player's rights. This is NOT the same as trading a signed player where you command an equal return on the player being shipped out.

Don't understand how anyone could be mad at this. He wasn't going to re-sign with the wings regardless, so its a good thing we got something in return.

Either let him walk as a UFA and watch him sign with the Sharks, OR trade his rights and get value for him. Its a no brainer.

Exactly right. If anything, San Jose did us a favour.

#105 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,315 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:57 AM

That's what I was thinking. I have a newfound respect for the Sharks. They knew they were getting him either way, or at least were among the finalists (LA and Anaheim being the unlikely suitors), but they still offered us something.

I looked at Murray's stats, and they don't seem too atrocious. They dipped this year but so did the Sharks in general. I think we should definitely try to sign him and keep him as bottom 6 insurance. He's done around 10 points over 40 games. Not a game changer, but could be another energy guy.

Edited by VM1138, 12 June 2012 - 09:58 AM.

Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#106 pucktividi

pucktividi

the usual suspect

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,295 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 06:19 PM

That's what I was thinking. I have a newfound respect for the Sharks. They knew they were getting him either way, or at least were among the finalists (LA and Anaheim being the unlikely suitors), but they still offered us something.

San Jose did both us and them a favour.They got the right to make a deal with him before the 1st of July and avoid potential bidding war with other Cali teams.I don't think LA is interested in Stuart,but Anaheim on the other hand...

After all,there wouldn't be any issues to move his family(stepdaughter included)a bit south within the State of California.

#107 Bannedforlife

Bannedforlife

In heaven, everything is fine.

• PipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 06:42 PM

I don't understand why we couldn't swing Stuart for schultz. That seemed like a fair deal.

#108 Manny>Ozzie(by a long shot)

Manny>Ozzie(by a long shot)

Starting Goaltender

• PipPipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 10:29 PM

I don't understand why we couldn't swing Stuart for schultz. That seemed like a fair deal.

...are you serious? R.i.g.h.t.s.
[ Image violated Forum Guidelines. Please use images sixed 400x100 pixels or smaller. ]

Just playin Chris, you know I love you!

lilja is an icelandic pony
lilja is an average high girl with blond hair and very sexy
lilja is about the sweetest kitten we have raised here
lilja is the comatose victim of a questionable accident

#109 Bannedforlife

Bannedforlife

• PipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 10:35 PM

...are you serious? R.i.g.h.t.s.

Uhhh, yea. The rights to Stuart for the rights to schultz. Duh...

#110 number9

number9

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,739 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 01:01 PM

I think Schultz is more valuable then Stuart. And you know Kenny let his pal Stewie pick where he wanted to go

Wouldn't be surprised to see that 7th, Murray, and another pick go to the Ducks for Schultz though

#111 Bannedforlife

Bannedforlife

• PipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 03:04 PM

I think Schultz is more valuable then Stuart. And you know Kenny let his pal Stewie pick where he wanted to go

Wouldn't be surprised to see that 7th, Murray, and another pick go to the Ducks for Schultz though

I dont think so. Stuart is a proven veteran with a Stanley Cup ring. Schultz is a highly touted, but unproven prospect. It seems even to me.

I think it's more likely that Holland isn't interested in Schultz.

#112 number9

number9

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,739 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 12:03 AM

I dont think so. Stuart is a proven veteran with a Stanley Cup ring. Schultz is a highly touted, but unproven prospect. It seems even to me.

I think it's more likely that Holland isn't interested in Schultz.

Yeah I know I know, Stuart, even though his stats have been ok, he's just looked like a shell of his former self this last year, looked like he was on a downswing, and shultz looks like hes on a big upswing....highly touted prospect and has like a max of 19 years in him while Stuart has a max of like 8....I'd personally rather get Stuarts rights than Schultz's but i think young talent is just more valued on the NHL market often times

#113 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,595 posts
  • Location:Cobble Hill, BC, Canada ( 2,522 Miles from the Joe)

Posted 18 June 2012 - 12:02 PM

According to Dreger expected to sign a 3 year deal either today or tomorrow. Not unexpected obviously.

Dreger Twitter

"Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Refuses to Work Hard"

LGW after 1 loss is irrational, after a few in a row it becomes quite comical, 22 playoff appearances in a row and 4 cups in that time and still going strong. Relaxxxxx !!

#114 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

Kate: Jr. Wing Nut

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 12:29 PM

Best of luck to Brad....except when he's playing Detroit. :sly:
It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).

#115 Uncle Danny

Uncle Danny

2nd Line Scorer

• HoF Booster
  • 676 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 01:14 PM

Best of luck to Brad....except when he's playing Detroit. :sly:

Agreed. I hope no idiots boo him when he comes to town in his new sweater.
If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph:
THE ONLY PROOF HE NEEDED
FOR THE EXISTENCE OF GOD
WAS MUSIC
-- Kurt Vonnegut

#116 robb himself

robb himself

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 01:59 PM

According to @HChockeytalk Stuart has signed a 3 year contract with the Sharks. Should be announced today or tomorrow.

Darren Dreger also is reporting this.
be about it!

#117 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

Kate: Jr. Wing Nut

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 02:19 PM

Agreed. I hope no idiots boo him when he comes to town in his new sweater.

Oh, there will be. Sad, but true. It'll be the same idiots that boo Hossa when he did nothing but fulfill his obligation, which was a huge risk in the first place given the 1-year term in the prime of his career.
It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).

#118 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,595 posts
  • Location:Cobble Hill, BC, Canada ( 2,522 Miles from the Joe)

Posted 18 June 2012 - 02:33 PM

3 years. 3.6 per year

"Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Refuses to Work Hard"

LGW after 1 loss is irrational, after a few in a row it becomes quite comical, 22 playoff appearances in a row and 4 cups in that time and still going strong. Relaxxxxx !!

#119 redwings1914

redwings1914

Wingin' It since '90

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,427 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 02:57 PM

Oh, there will be. Sad, but true. It'll be the same idiots that boo Hossa when he did nothing but fulfill his obligation, which was a huge risk in the first place given the 1-year term in the prime of his career.

Hossa signed with a major rival, hence the booing. Stuart did the same, hence there will be booing. Neither player owed us anything, but we couldn't afford Hossa so Stuart deserves it more than Hossa. Give it 3 years and no one will care anymore, same thing happened to Fedorov.
Most people are fans of the team's well being not the players.

Edited by redwings1914, 18 June 2012 - 02:58 PM.

It is not a sprint, yet a marathon.

#120 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 18,889 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 03:12 PM

With Stewie making his way back to San Jose, howf****** bad does the Thornton trade look now? Jumbo for Sturm and Primeau, yikes. And yet, Boston won the cup before San Jose did :lol: Weird thing this hockey, you just never know.

#NOMOREKINDL