• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Tim.D

Brad Stuart's rights traded to San Jose

Rate this topic

Stuart is making less money with a open, tradeable contract.

SJ already traded him once and I'd bet they would do it again.

Ultimately, it will be Stuart having to look these guys in the eyes when it is handshake time at the end of a series.

I'm happy everything worked out well for Stuart. It sucks to see him with a team like the Sharks, but I will never fault Stuart for doing what is best for his family. All of the negative comments being thrown at Stuart are unfair. I remember after the Red Wings won the cup in 2008, it was widely speculated that Stuart would end up going back out west then. He sacrificed and gave the Red Wings four more years of service and steady play on defense.

I do feel Stuart is on the decline, but the timing of him leaving is really unfortunate for the Red Wings. Lidstrom, Rafalski and Stuart all gone within a year -- overhauling 3/4 of a top four on defense that quickly is quite the challenge. There was nothing flashy about Stuart, however he was extremely reliable and consistent. He could eat up minutes and was the best penalty killer/shot blocker on the team. Ericsson looked capable of sliding into that role and now we have to hope Quincey steps up and improves his play as well to help fill the void.

As for the above claiming Stuart "quit", that's why I never read the comments on any MLive article. I swear the most obnoxious, fickle and ignorant fans all flock there. It is the same thing with the Tigers too. Ansar Khan is really good in his coverage of the Red Wings, so the articles themselves are worthwhile, but you end up hating humanity reading the comments.

The Red Wings are a class act and in this act of valor toward Brad it proves to the rest of the players in the NHL that if you become a Red Wing, you are family and Devil Anse Holland takes care of his family! Shipping Brad off to a crap team at the deadline would only show other potential UFA's around the league that if for some reason you need a special favor, Holland just screws you over! But doing what Holland did in accommodating Stuart, he just proved to the NHL players, if a special circumstance arises, whatever you need I will make it happen! Work hard for me and I will work hard for you! That move is one rarely seen by any other team in the league. Brad gave Holland 3 yrs and a couple of months, including a Stanley Cup...Brad will always be a Red Wing and Holland will always be this classy! I expect nothing less from the Detroit Red Wings...

Players just don't come here to play, the come here to join a family and more times than not, end their careers. Why do you think Chelios never left? He tried to have one more go at it in Atlanta, but only played 7 games and hung them up...he quickly returned "home" to the Red Wings...

Holland did two things for Brad, he offered him a contract letting him know that if he wanted to stay, the Wings wanted him, then he traded him back home so he could be with his family...Brad will always be welcomed back if he so chose to, that is a guarantee! Brad has earned his Red Wings and will always be a part of this great Dynasty we have been so privileged to watch for the last 20 years!

This is a good move for the Wings especially right now. In addition to having a winning tradition, the organization takes good care of its players and accommodates them as best they can. Don't think that that won't be a factor when deciding on where to play for future UFA's. With the exception of maybe Cujo, I don't think anyone that's signed with the Wings over the past 20 years has regretted it.