• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Tim.D

Red Wings Prepared to Offer Hudler Contract

Rate this topic

Source

DETROIT – Wings GM Ken Holland said he has me with Jiri Hudler’s agent, Petr Svoboda, and that they’re prepared to offer him a contract.

“He’s 28, he’s coming off a 25-goal season,” Holland said. “He’s got the right to go to free agency. We’ll see what happens. Right now Jiri will continue take time to determine what he wants to do.”

Holland plans to meet with Tomas Holmstrom sometime this week regarding his status for next season.

Holland said he’s had a few conversations with the agents for restricted free agents Quincey, Justin Abdelkader and Darren Helm and will do so again before the draft.

This is what Helene St. James tweeted to me:

@freepwings: “@tdenninger: @freepwings have you heard Wings gonna offer Hudler a new contract?”/Holland's talked to Hudler, but expect he'll test market
Edited by Tim.D

If the Wings sign Hudler I will completely have lost all faith in Ken Holland.

That has to to be the dumbest thing I've heard on this board in a long time. Why?

Holland could announce tomorrow he and Hudler have decided to sign him to a 3 year 9 million dollar contract. Meaning they have locked him up at a reasonable rate for a guy who can give you 20+ goals and 50+ points a season.

Anser Khan reporting that it's unlikely he'll sign.

We know Hudler is money motivated. Doubt we'll see him back. Remember the cap hits on Franzen ($3.95m) and Filppula ($3.5m). He's not going to be offered more than that, weak market or not.

One dimensional player with very little postseason product. He won't be missed as some seem to think.

Guest irishock

Bert-Pavel-Parise

Flip-Z-Mule

Cleary-Helm-Miller

Nyquist-Abby-Eaves

Hudler doesn't have a place on the roster if we sign Parise.

Guest Johnz96

While he had a great year last year, it was a contract year, meaning he could go back to average old Hudler next season which is the most concerning point.

I think his slow start the year after playing the KHL had to do more with ice-time and his role on the team as soon as injuries hit and Babcock had to use him he piled up 31 points in the last 42 games of the year (a 60 point pace) despite often being relegated out of the top 6

Bert-Pavel-Parise

Flip-Z-Mule

Cleary-Helm-Miller

Nyquist-Abby-Eaves

Bert on the first line???

Edited by Johnz96

Bert-Pavel-Parise

Flip-Z-Mule

Cleary-Helm-Miller

Nyquist-Abby-Eaves

Franzen-Datsyuk-Parise

Filppula-Zetterberg-Cleary(Nyquist)

Bertuzzi-Helm-Nyquist(Cleary)

Miller-Abdelkader-Eaves

is a much better line-up Nyquist should not be on the 4th line he has way to much skill and talent and could easily jump up and play on that 2nd line

Anser Khan reporting that it's unlikely he'll sign.

We know Hudler is money motivated. Doubt we'll see him back. Remember the cap hits on Franzen ($3.95m) and Filppula ($3.5m). He's not going to be offered more than that, weak market or not.

One dimensional player with very little postseason product. He won't be missed as some seem to think.

As long as we add some offensive contributors I won't mind.

Hudler is a slow, short, weak forward, but he at least was able to score at a good clip, and losing him to free agency isn't exactly a net gain at this point.

Guest Johnz96

We all know that Hudler doesn't care about anything but money. Some other team will offer him more, and he'll jump on it.

At least, I hope...

I think Hudler is more motivated by ice-time, his roll on the team and feeling wanted by them

Edited by Johnz96