• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Tim.D

Red Wings Prepared to Offer Hudler Contract

Rate this topic

Guest Johnz96

Yeah he just wants everyone to like him and to feel accepted........and that's why he tried holding us hostage for more money and then ditched us for the KHL lol

Thats not what I am saying. He thinks he is a great hockey player who is not being given the opportunity to do what he can with the Wings. Up until this yeart he has never averaged more than 14 mins of ice-time with the Wings.

Do you know how many players scored 50 points playing less than 16 mins per game this year?

Thats not what I am saying. He thinks he is a great hockey player who is not being given the opportunity to do what he can with the Wings. Up until this yeart he has never averaged more than 14 mins of ice-time with the Wings.

Do you know how many players scored 50 points playing less than 16 mins per game this year?

Jiri Hudler

Instead of listening to you parrot things from the bleacher report I'll just post the actual article http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1155573-jiri-hudler-true-grit-one-of-the-few-red-wings-doing-the-dirty-work

He was rewarded with ice-time after he started producing. He already proved he's a top 6 caliber forward. He's going to FA cause he wants to make bankkkkkk

Guest Johnz96

Jiri Hudler

Instead of listening to you parrot things from the bleacher report I'll just post the actual article http://bleacherrepor...-the-dirty-work

He was rewarded with ice-time after he started producing. He already proved he's a top 6 caliber forward. He's going to FA cause he wants to make bankkkkkk

He started producing after he was rewarded with ice-time(not much less than 16 mins a game over the season but still more than last season and at the beginning of the season) you can check out the game logs if you doubt me

oldie but goodie lol

Maybe the mayan calendar was correct. No Lids, No Stewie, and keeping Hudler?

But really we shouldn't panic, Huds will test FA where he knows he can get 5 mill from a poop team.

$ 5 mill would be too much for Hudler, but if he goes to Ottawa (and they are good young team) who apparently are interested, he will score at a better PPG than he ever did with the Wings

He started producing after he was rewarded with ice-time(not much less than 16 mins a game over the season but still more than last season and at the beginning of the season) you can check out the game logs if you doubt me

Forgive me if i don't go through all the game logs lol

I thought he started producing when he moved off the 3rd line and started playing with Datsyuk and Zetterberg....but hey that's just me

Edited by number9

23 even strength goals. 13 goals when trailing and 3 when tied.

Huds gets a very bad rap.

because he screwed us over years ago! Holland offered him $3.5M that year and he said I am going to arbitration...well once in arbitration he bolted for KHL...AFTER handcuffing Holland for most the summer, when that $2.9M (his rewarded contract) could have been used on someone who could have helped this team...f#ck Hudler, let him go, don't offer him a THING!

because he screwed us over years ago! Holland offered him $3.5M that year and he said I am going to arbitration...well once in arbitration he bolted for KHL...AFTER handcuffing Holland for most the summer, when that $2.9M (his rewarded contract) could have been used on someone who could have helped this team...f#ck Hudler, let him go, don't offer him a THING!

my thoughts exactly. and for Flip's 3.5 cap hit, he can also play D, got a bunch more points than huds this year and is way faster and much more reliable. Hudler dragged down the Z-Flip line all year and as they say "was riding the coat tails" getting tap-ins off the hard work of Z and Flip. when's the last time anyone saw hudler take the puck off anyone or win a puck battle along the boards? almost never. take a walk hudler.

This is why I have had a problem with him since he left too. If he really wants to be a Wing he will take what we offer him, as others have said which likely will be less than $4 million and have a good season. I understand everyone wants to make more money, but honestly when you are making that much money do you really have to be greedy about it?

He may be worth $4M+ on 29 other teams, but he is not worth $3M+ here. Holland needs to address the #1 scorer and #1 defenseman issue all while keeping in mind that the Cap could very well decrease with the new CBA, so why on Earth would he offer Hudler any contract that would/could hinder him from keeping the guys he signs if indeed the Cap does go down? I would certainly hope that Holland would NOT offer Hudler ANYTHING over $3M, if anything at all...I mean come on, re-sign Holmstrom, re-sign Hudler...want to sign Parise and a 4th line big man, where the hell are all these players going to fit? You are going to push out Emmerton/Mursak and one of Miller/Eaves/Nyquist...let Homer retire, let Hudler walk. Sign Parise (if you can) and sign Moen (if you can) or someone like him. Say goodbye to one of Emmerton/Mursak and lets rock!

We have enough skill players already. We need more size and snarl. Kenny will offer him a contract he can only refuse.

Why even waste his time though? Cant fit all these players on the roster. re-sign Hudler and unless he makes a trade or two, we are in for the same team, pretty much, as last season...

edit: I'd rather take some of the money he is prepared to offer Hudler and extend Filppula for the next 5 years. Filppula will get $4M+ if not close to $5M if he continues his growth from last season. An honestly, Holland needs to work on Extendind Pav soon, he has two more years on this contract and if he waits until it expires, Pav will be 35 and then if for some reason Pav has to retire before the contract is up...Holland still has to take the Cap hit until the new contract is up. If Pav signs while he is still 34 (he is 33 now) the Cap hit would come off the books...You got to figure Pav will get whatever they sign Parise for...at least. BTW, thank Godness that Z is signed through 2021, so at least we wont have to "re-sign" him anytime soon! He will retire I would assume at that time...or do what Lids did for a few years. If they can do it, I'd like to see both Pav and Z amass 20 years. See where they fall on the all-time list and hang their numbers up next to #5, #19, etc...

Edited by LeftWinger

Why even waste his time though? Cant fit all these players on the roster. re-sign Hudler and unless he makes a trade or two, we are in for the same team, pretty much, as last season...

Not really. You sign a high profile forward and that changes the makeup of the team completely. And the Wings have the space to do that and put Hudler on the 3rd line. A big reason why Hudler won't be signing here.

Not really. You sign a high profile forward and that changes the makeup of the team completely. And the Wings have the space to do that and put Hudler on the 3rd line. A big reason why Hudler won't be signing here.

You know, I was thinking that, if for some reason Hudler accepted $3M, he would be ok on line #3, but ya, I think he wants $4.5M+ AND top line minutes...I just would rather see Nyquist here full time and not lose Miller or Eaves than re-sign Hudler...now if for some reason Eaves has to hang em up because of his PCS, then the boat changes for sure...

Hey, maybe Holland is prepared to off Hudler a Contract so he can trade him at the draft? That would be great!

Guest Hatethedrake!

Looking further ahead to NEXT summer, I am inclined to believe that maybe Kenny should sign Parise and Suter and keep the rest of his Cap space. Why? Because we need to have enough Cap space to sign Shea Weber as he will be a UFA by then. Also, we need to lock up Filppula and Howard to new contract extensions. Here is what we could look like after next July 1st...

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER

My Custom Lineup

FORWARDS

Zach Parise ($7.000m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Gustav Nyquist ($0.875m)

Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Johan Franzen ($3.955m)

Danny Cleary ($2.800m) / Darren Helm ($1.500m) / Todd Bertuzzi ($2.075m)

Drew Miller ($0.838m) / Justin Abdelkader ($1.250m) / Patrick Eaves ($1.200m)

Jan Mursak ($0.550m) / Tomas Tatar ($0.840m) /

DEFENSEMEN

Ryan Suter ($7.000m) / Shea Weber ($8.000m)

Niklas Kronwall ($4.750m) / Kyle Quincey ($3.250m)

Jonathan Ericsson ($3.250m) / Brendan Smith ($0.875m)

Jakub Kindl ($0.883m)

GOALTENDERS

Jimmy Howard ($2.250m)

Joey MacDonald ($0.550m)

------

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)

SALARY CAP: $70,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $69,473,712; BONUSES: $247,500

CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $826,288

So we need to find some room to give Jimmy around 4-5 mil a year most likely. Flip will likely come around the same numbers. So do we let Quincey and his 3 plus mil go? White will be a UFA next summer and can be replaced with Weber. Tatar will be on the team then replacing Emmerton. Does Kenny use all of his cap space this summer but only on 1 year deals? Parise and Suter will get long term deals in the 10 year range. But after that, I think Kenny should not lock in any long term deals so he can have enough room to go after Weber and factor in raises for Flip and Jimmy.

Edited by Hatethedrake!

I really kind of hope they let him try out free agency. If we sign someone better, we don't need him. If he can't get anything bigger, we can sign him cheaper.

If we end up needing him and he isn't getting what he wants from other teams, we can always sign him short-term. It's not like he isn't putting up points for us. We can sign him for a one-year contract. That way he'll have another "contract year".

True, he might end up somewhere else and we don't get anyone we're looking at, in which case we'll miss him, but I think it's worth the risk.

Personally, I hope we re-sign him because I love watching how funny veins get when people are ready to explode.

And because my friend is soooooo in love with him. :hehe:

Hudler is worth a contract for a reasonable amount. I was thinking 3 million per season for 3 seasons would be perfectly acceptable. That being said, he can probably fetch $4 million per season and get a 3 year deal somewhere. If he can get that much, and he wants that much, then go for it. The Wings expect most players to take a discount when they play here. Its part of the reason why we have made the playoffs for 20+ years.

Personally, I don't know what the issue is here. If I was a pro hockey player, and I was offered $4 million to play somewhere, but I could get paid $3 million a season and a chance to compete for a championship, I would take less money.

To me, the main thing to consider when it comes to offering Hudler a contract is whether or not we expect Nyquist to be on the team full time next season. If management doesn't expect Nyquist to play everyday then resigning Hudler makes sense because he fills the second line winger position and allows you to field a real good Bert-Helm-Cleary third line, and a dynamite Miller-Abby-Eaves fourth line. However, if they are expecting them both to play full time then that really puts the bottom six in disarray because Nyquist has too much skill to be on the fourth line, and is mismatched in terms of style on a third line with Helm, Bert, or Cleary. I think someone here mentioned something recently about the bottom two lines needing identity. They have it so long as Gustav Nyquist doesn't play on those two lines. A highly skilled player on either of those lines as they are conceived above doesn't make any sense.

So the question to me is, does Nyquist play every day? The answer seems to depend on getting a real scoring threat to play with Datsyuk. You get a Parise or a Semin to play with Datsyuk and Franzen, then you can afford to lose Hudler's production on the second line because the third line and fourth lines will be MUCH better than last year's incarnations. If they don't get the top liner to go with D and Franzen, then you might as well resign Hudler because you'll need the offense any way you can get it, especially considering one of either Bert or Cleary will have to be back in the top six which will ultimately limit the production you'll get out of the bottom two lines.

Edited by kipwinger

Guest Hatethedrake!

Please Columbus sign him for 5mil a year.

Seeing how Columbus manages its team, this is would not be a surprise at all. Rick Nash's replacement is Jiri Hudler. :lol:

To me, the main thing to consider when it comes to offering Hudler a contract is whether or not we expect Nyquist to be on the team full time next season. If management doesn't expect Nyquist to play everyday then resigning Hudler makes sense because he fills the second line winger position and allows you to field a real good Bert-Helm-Cleary third line, and a dynamite Miller-Abby-Eaves fourth line. However, if they are expecting them both to play full time then that really puts the bottom six in disarray because Nyquist has too much skill to be on the fourth line, and is mismatched in terms of style on a third line with Helm, Bert, or Cleary. I think someone here mentioned something recently about the bottom two lines needing identity. They have it so long as Gustav Nyquist doesn't play on those two lines. A highly skilled player on either of those lines as they are conceived above doesn't make any sense.

So the question to me is, does Nyquist play every day? The answer seems to depend on getting a real scoring threat to play with Datsyuk. You get a Parise or a Semin to play with Datsyuk and Franzen, then you can afford to lose Hudler's production on the second line because the third line and fourth lines will be MUCH better than last year's incarnations. If they don't get the top liner to go with D and Franzen, then you might as well resign Hudler because you'll need the offense any way you can get it, especially considering one of either Bert or Cleary will have to be back in the top six which will ultimately limit the production you'll get out of the bottom two lines.

as much as we disagree on things, these are my exacts thoughts...matter of fact, I mentioned Nyquist a little earlier on and your idea of the bottom six is mine exactly (that is if we don't acquire a big man for the 4th.)

edit: I know my dream roster in my sig says a bit different, but obviously of Doan is not acquired, Franzen moves back up, Filppula moves back up, Helm moves back up and Eaves moves back up, making Miller our 13th...

Edited by LeftWinger