• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Tim.D

Red Wings Prepared to Offer Hudler Contract

Rate this topic

Guest Hatethedrake!

I thought he was on the long list for new short captain.

Oh crap. Hudler is replacing Nick as new Red Wings captain? :o

Edited by Hatethedrake!

Wasn't he on the shortlist as the new Captain?

No. It was Kronner, Sasha, and Filp. Most likely will be Zett on the C, with Kronner, Pasha, and Filp alternating like previously with drapes/pasha/sasha, kronner/sasha/pasha

I'm guessing Kenny's eyeing Parenteau, re: replacing Hudler. I'll be very surprised if the Isles let him go, though.

I hope not. I read that piece some website posted about Paranteau and he sounds like a real risk. If we let Hudler go, we're not likely to find a 25 goal scorer for the 3-4 million people are talking about here. If you get rid of him he needs to be replaced or else our offense is right back where it was.

I hope not. I read that piece some website posted about Paranteau and he sounds like a real risk. If we let Hudler go, we're not likely to find a 25 goal scorer for the 3-4 million people are talking about here. If you get rid of him he needs to be replaced or else our offense is right back where it was.

Uhh... Olli Jokinen made $3 mil last season and had 23 goals for Calgary (playing between lines 1-3). If we lost Hudler and wanted to replace his output, I'd go for Jokinen around 3.5-4 mil.

Uhh... Olli Jokinen made $3 mil last season and had 23 goals for Calgary (playing between lines 1-3). If we lost Hudler and wanted to replace his output, I'd go for Jokinen around 3.5-4 mil.

Not a huge fan of Jokinen, but he could center the second line.

Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Franzen

Filpulla - Jokinen - Nyquist

Better than last year.............

I think I would rather go short term with Ryan Smyth then Hudler at this point. Ryan Smyth is older but still is a force around the net and not many are as good in the corners. Smyth also brings heart to the lineup. This is only an option if a true sniper cannot be had at July 1st.

Only to have him cry about wanting to go back to Edmonton halfway through the season to force a trade? Maybe the Wings should. Sure helped out the Kings this year.

I choose to be optimistic. If we don't get any of our targets then I can ***** about it...

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER

My Custom Lineup

FORWARDS

Zach Parise ($7.500m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Alexander Semin ($5.000m)

Johan Franzen ($3.955m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Gustav Nyquist ($0.875m)

Danny Cleary ($2.800m) / Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Patrick Eaves ($1.200m)

Travis Moen ($1.750m) / Darren Helm ($1.500m) / Justin Abdelkader ($1.250m)

Drew Miller ($0.838m) / Jan Mursak ($0.550m)

DEFENSEMEN

Niklas Kronwall ($4.750m) / Ryan Suter ($7.500m)

Ian White ($2.875m) / Kyle Quincey ($3.250m)

Brendan Smith ($0.875m) / Jonathan Ericsson ($3.250m)

Jakub Kindl ($0.883m)

GOALTENDERS

Jimmy Howard ($2.250m)

Josh Harding ($1.250m)

------

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)

SALARY CAP: $70,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $69,883,712; BONUSES: $37,500

CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $416,288

Val Filppula, after a career year is one the 3rd line but Nyquist on the 2nd? Flip is NOT a third line guy

I think nyquist could easily be hudlers replacement if they give him the amount of ice time and responsibility huds had.

Same as I've been saying all along. Nyquist is faster, more moves and creativity, got decent point production in not much ice time and in the top 6 I honestly believe that he'll be going after the Calder head to head with Smith if he's in the top 4. We can't keep discounting guys like Nyquist and Smith cause they didn't have room in their old ass stale line up to get their play time.

Same as I've been saying all along. Nyquist is faster, more moves and creativity, got decent point production in not much ice time and in the top 6 I honestly believe that he'll be going after the Calder head to head with Smith if he's in the top 4. We can't keep discounting guys like Nyquist and Smith cause they didn't have room in their old ass stale line up to get their play time.

I would rather not put all the pressure on Nyquist. He had one goal and 6 assists in 18 games. If he doesn't produce 25 goals, he will be run out of town like Hudler was last year. I would prefer to get him some playing time without the pressure of having to perform. Datsyuk started out like that by playing with Hull. For the first couple NHL seasons, he wasn't a beast. Dats grew into what he is now and I think Nystrom can do the same.

Nyquist has looked okay, but he's not the second coming like so many people seem to think. Right now he's a decent prospect who will get to play with the big club next season, probably on the fourth or third lines as an energy guy. I think maybe he can put up 10 goals and 15 or 20 assists, which isn't bad, but not what you guys are all hoping for. He will take a couple years to get into the swing of things I think.

Nyquist has looked okay, but he's not the second coming like so many people seem to think. Right now he's a decent prospect who will get to play with the big club next season, probably on the fourth or third lines as an energy guy. I think maybe he can put up 10 goals and 15 or 20 assists, which isn't bad, but not what you guys are all hoping for. He will take a couple years to get into the swing of things I think.

That would be a waste, he is not a 3rd or 4th line player unless he significantly bulks up and gets stronger. He will just get manhandled.

I think he showed with consistent top 6 minutes he could at least put up 40-50 pts playing with Dats who he has chemistry with.

I just read some of the posts in this thread and I'm in awe at how people think Holland can just pull any player he wants out of his ass as if nobody else is going to go hard for these highly rated UFAs.

First off, from the reports I've read, I'm not feeling optimistic Parise is coming here. It sounds like there are a few up-and-coming teams willing to offer him a blank check.

What other 20 goal scorers fowards are left?

As for Suter, I don't know. Lots of teams will be gunning for him really hard.

Did you really ask that question?

1. Semin

2. Smyth

3. Doan

4. Selanne

5. Jagr

6. Jokinen

7. Whitney

8. Boyes (Has had a few bad seasons)

9. Penner (Had a bad season, but better playoffs)

10.Parenteau

11.Sykora

12.Hudler

Are they all ideal? No.. but there are bonafide 20+ goal scores available. And you cannot discount a trade possibility.

That would be a waste, he is not a 3rd or 4th line player unless he significantly bulks up and gets stronger. He will just get manhandled.

I think he showed with consistent top 6 minutes he could at least put up 40-50 pts playing with Dats who he has chemistry with.

I agree... you cannot waste his talents on the 3rd/4th line. He can play there when he's in slumps to help provide a little energy, but he should be paired with Datsyuk most of the season, unless we make some big splashes via trade/free agency. At worst you put him on a nice 3rd scoring/grinding line (again if we make some solid moves this offseason and have good depth).

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Parise

Filppula-Jokinen-Franzen

Nyquist-Cleary-Bertuzzi

Abdelkader-Helm-Eaves

Miller/Mursak

Exactly. Grinder isn't really his style.. He's a top guy finesse style player so we need to play him like one. I say start him out up there in the beginning and see how he does. Z-Dats-Nyq would be a hellofa line and I think he'd shine. Pretty sure he was averaging almost a point per game in the short amount of time he was up on Pavel's line. Just saying he deserves a shot to start the season and we'll see.

Guest Hatethedrake!

Val Filppula, after a career year is one the 3rd line but Nyquist on the 2nd? Flip is NOT a third line guy

Having Flip on the 3rd line makes the Wings an ultra deep team which is hard to match up against. Not that depth has anything to do with winning a Cup though right? I mean the LA Kings didn't roll 4 effective lines and wear their opponents out in every series they played. Oh wait a minute...

Guest Heaten

Did you really ask that question?

1. Semin - Glorified (more expensive) Hudler. He is Caps whipping boy.

2. Smyth - Why not just re-sign Holmstrom for less?

3. Doan - Gonna retire a 'Yote

4. Selanne - Really? C'mon dude. He's going to retire a Duck

5. Jagr - Pretty sure he wants to return to Philly - didn't we already learn from the Modano experiment?

6. Jokinen - Another Hudler

7. Whitney - Didn't we already try him before on a failed experiment?

8. Boyes (Has had a few bad seasons) - You are right about a "few" bad seasons.

9. Penner (Had a bad season, but better playoffs) - LA's whipping boy said to be lazier than Hudler, okay :0oooo:

10.Parenteau - He scored 20 goals once. Hudler can score more than 25

11.Sykora - Petr Sykora? Probably the best / most realistic option you listed yet. Of course he was a healthy scratch on the Pens and the fans hated him.

12.Hudler - The most realistic option

Are they all ideal? No.. but there are bonafide 20+ goal scores available. And you cannot discount a trade possibility.

Next

Edited by Heaten