• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Tim.D

Red Wings Prepared to Offer Hudler Contract

Rate this topic

I just don't understand the attitude of some people here.

Hudler had a great season. Are you trying to tell me if he signs for $2.5-$3 million per season, that is a horrible deal? Who else are we going to get that is going to play 3rd line minutes and put up points like that for that salary? I love how people say that they would rather have Semin, but Semin is going to make double what Hudler makes easily.

I guess we should see how things work out. Hudler could probably get $4 million on the open market, which means that if he is only out for money, he can find a great contract. If he wants to stick with the wings, he can take less.

Guest Johnz96

I just don't understand the attitude of some people here.

Hudler had a great season. Are you trying to tell me if he signs for $2.5-$3 million per season, that is a horrible deal? Who else are we going to get that is going to play 3rd line minutes and put up points like that for that salary? I love how people say that they would rather have Semin, but Semin is going to make double what Hudler makes easily.

I guess we should see how things work out. Hudler could probably get $4 million on the open market, which means that if he is only out for money, he can find a great contract. If he wants to stick with the wings, he can take less.

at this stage of their careers I would rather have Hudler for the same money but i guess you all know that

I guess you never read The Tortoise and the Hare.

Semin is going to be a lot more expensive than Hudler

I'm not talking dollars here... I'm talking about the fact that the person I replied to would rather have Hudler over Semin, or so that seemed to be what they were getting at. So correction: I would take Semin at 6 million over Hudler at 4, any day of the week.

Uhh.. I'd take Semin over Hudler any day of the week... Hudler has reached his ceiling for production, Semin can pot 30+ and 60+ points. If you would take Hudler over Semin... please stop talking.

That's not what I was saying. I'm saying Semin is lazy and sucks, so all the people bitching about Hudler will be just as unhappy with Semin. Semin can rack up more points, but at least Hudler tries sometimes.

I'm not talking dollars here... I'm talking about the fact that the person I replied to would rather have Hudler over Semin, or so that seemed to be what they were getting at. So correction: I would take Semin at 6 million over Hudler at 4, any day of the week.

I would rather have that as well....

But consider this....

Hudler at 3 million instead.

Would you take him?

I don't think Ken Holland would sign Hudler for 4 million, but 3 is a very good possibility.

Semin is a top line player, while Hudler is a 3rd line player. I think people should just stop comparing them because they are different. Its not like Semin is going to drop to line 3 while Hudler is playing top line minutes. Who else can we get on the free agent wire that is going to make 3 million but put up those kinds of points?

We can do way better than Hudler. That said, I wouldn't mind him back, one dimensional or not, he's a 25 goal scorer. He's our secondary scoring and a good secondary scorer at that. If he can be had for a steal at 3 mil or less we should do it.

Reality check.. Hudler most recently made what? 2.8 million? There isn't a chance in hell he'll play for us at 3 million, so let's just clear that up right now. He'll easily get 4 million with several other teams, and that's why we should just stop talking about him. He's all about the money, and one dimensional.... I'd much rather let Nyquist/Sheahan have his time and see what they can do. I'd also like for us to stop wasting Eaves away on the 4th line, the guy can pot 20 goals if you give him he time and linemates.

Reality check.. Hudler most recently made what? 2.8 million? There isn't a chance in hell he'll play for us at 3 million, so let's just clear that up right now. He'll easily get 4 million with several other teams, and that's why we should just stop talking about him. He's all about the money, and one dimensional.... I'd much rather let Nyquist/Sheahan have his time and see what they can do. I'd also like for us to stop wasting Eaves away on the 4th line, the guy can pot 20 goals if you give him he time and linemates.

For Eaves to pot 20 goals he'd need top line minutes and power play time. He won't get both of those with the Wings. I love Eaves, but his rookie year is far behind him. He fits well on the fourth line.

As if any other players haven't taken a discount to play for the Wings. :sleepy:

Point is, we don't know what Hudler will and won't do. There is a chance he signs for a modest 3 million dollar raise, or he may go for 4 million on the open market. To say there is no chance of him doing something that many other Wings players have done in the past is really pulling something out of your ass.

As if any other players haven't taken a discount to play for the Wings. :sleepy:

Point is, we don't know what Hudler will and won't do. There is a chance he signs for a modest 3 million dollar raise, or he may go for 4 million on the open market. To say there is no chance of him doing something that many other Wings players have done in the past is really pulling something out of your ass.

a $100,000 raise is VERY modest...lest we forget in 2008 Holland offered him $3.5M and he turned it down and decided to go to arbitration, then he bolted for the KHL for $5M. He won't sign here for anything less than $4.5M and I highly doubt Holland would offer him that. And since Leino is at $4.5M, he will looking for $5M+ around the league...