Photo
- - - - -

Is the Stanley Cup really the hardest trophy in all of pro sport?

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#41 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,388 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 04:36 AM

I'd say so yes, its a long long grind and you have to be in absolutely tremendous shape and lucky to not have your key keys injured for a long stretch.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

<< Win it for Mr. Hockey !

#42 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,168 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 03:01 PM

Also, would it be fair to say the NFL has the most rampant drug abuse of any sport anywhere in the world?

What about cycling, someone mentioned Tour de France?

#43 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,184 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 06:54 PM

Beating Nadal @ Roland Garros = Patently impossible

Don't Toews me, bro!

#44 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 03:22 AM

What about cycling, someone mentioned Tour de France?

The difference is cycling actually has a drug testing program in place, and cyclists actually fail them. You can also see the last 10 years how times have started to come down from where they were when doping was more common.

The NFL on the other hand.....when was the last time someone failed a drugs test for a performance enhancing substance? Or are we supposed to believe that linemen have gone from ~250lbs to ~330lbs purely through improvements in nutrition? And that of the thousnads of players in a sport based on speed, size and strength, where you can be cut in the blink of an eye, not one of them has ever been tempted to use doping? Its the NFLs dirty secret, the elephant in the room that no-one talks about.

Edited by Nev, 17 June 2012 - 03:23 AM.

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk