• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
ogreslayer

Nashville to trade Suter's rights?

Rate this topic

Could? Will. Quick is a Stanley Cup champion and Conn Smythe Trophy winner. He'll get more than Rinne.

--

As for the others... I'm convinced Suter will sign here, no matter who he has his rights traded to. I wouldn't even consider trading for the rights if I'm Ken Holland. The red carpet is practically rolled out from here to Nashville. The situation couldn't be presented any clearer to Suter as it is.

Parise, though? That's a rights-trade I would absolutely consider. If I were to wager a guess I'd say Holland and Co. is confident in nabbing Suter, but it may help snagging Parise's rights before July 1 to not only know you've got him and won't get into a bidding war after July 1, but you've got Zach signed, Suter's going to sign with you, too -- and now you've got a very clear idea of what kind of cap space you've got left, what assets you have left to use as trade bait, etc., VERY early in the UFA-frenzy. Especially if you're looking for a big 4th-line body (Gaustad?) or another 2nd-tier defenseman (Garrison, etc..)

That's gold, in my mind.

I agree. I would add that if KH can get Parise locked up before July 1, that is an incentive for other FAs to come here.

Latest/greatest...

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2012/06/red_wings_58.html

Report: Ryan Suter not interested in Flyers, any East team, Red Wings believed to be top choice

There will be much rumor, speculation and innuendo regarding prime free agents Ryan Suter and Zach Parise until their destinations are determined, on, before or shortly after July 1.

Here is the latest: According to Tim Panaccio of CSNPhilly.com, Suter is not interested in playing for the Philadelphia Flyers, and the Detroit Red Wings are his top choice.[/QUoTE]

I do not understand why players in the situation that Suter and Parise are in right now do not take more control of their future. If they are not going to resign with their current teams, they should just say "I'm not signing anywhere until 7/1 so don't trade for my rights." Most likely, both of these guys will be signing deals for the remainder, or at the very least the vast majority of the rest of their careers. Why would they want to hurt the franchise they will spend the rest of their career with right off the bat? They are in the driver's seat.

Because the player has no say in their rights getting traded provided they don't have a clause preventing it. The team they currently play for makes this move (regardless of the players' desire) in order to not get left empty-handed.

Keep in mind that Kings will need to resign Quick next season, who could get Rinne-kind of contract.

I factored that in. Gagne's 3.5 comes off the books, and the cap was projected to be 76 million before they settled on temporary cap of 70.6 I think they have 8.5 to play with the following season and they wouldn't pay quick more than 6... It certainly would make them tight against the cap and cost them players along the way. Long term contracts on superstars seem like the way to go still.

Because the player has no say in their rights getting traded provided they don't have a clause preventing it. The team they currently play for makes this move (regardless of the players' desire) in order to not get left empty-handed.

You are missing what he was saying completely. He wasn't saying the player has any say on a trade, he was saying the player doesn't have to sign anywhere. I agree with him, I would definitely at this point say in a press release I have no intentions of signing anywhere until after July 1st. Even if he resigns, you are going to get more money if you go to the market.

I would respect a player way more if he said that, thus making trading for him so soft you would get less than what Holland got for Stuart, rather than letting your former team rip off someone or signing outside of UFA.

My stance remains, never trade for rights.

I would do what the owner of the Wild did, (I still don't know how that isn't tampering) I would have Ilitch say out and out, we will not be deterred in our pursuit of the X player. Just make it clear that people who could be UFA, should go to UFA. I just know it would be a double standard situation where the Wild can do it, but the Wings can't.

I think anyone who doesn't test UFA after having rights traded is a moron. If they traded for you, you know at least two teams will bid against each other for your services.

You are missing what he was saying completely. He wasn't saying the player has any say on a trade, he was saying the player doesn't have to sign anywhere. I agree with him, I would definitely at this point say in a press release I have no intentions of signing anywhere until after July 1st. Even if he resigns, you are going to get more money if you go to the market.

I would respect a player way more if he said that, thus making trading for him so soft you would get less than what Holland got for Stuart, rather than letting your former team rip off someone or signing outside of UFA.

My stance remains, never trade for rights.

I would do what the owner of the Wild did, (I still don't know how that isn't tampering) I would have Ilitch say out and out, we will not be deterred in our pursuit of the X player. Just make it clear that people who could be UFA, should go to UFA. I just know it would be a double standard situation where the Wild can do it, but the Wings can't.

I think anyone who doesn't test UFA after having rights traded is a moron. If they traded for you, you know at least two teams will bid against each other for your services.

I understood what he was saying. My contention is that typically players that were drafted and played their entire career for a franchise don't come out and screw said team that way. They decide to move on with their career but 9 out of 10 times, its not as if they want their former team to burn either.

Chelios Pushing For Suter?

Word is longtime Blackhawk Chris Chelios is trying his best to sell Chicago to his good friend Gary Suter, the uncle of prized free agent D-man Ryan Suter.

The Blackhawks are still looking to fill out their coaching staff and LA Kings assistant Jamie Kompon’s name has been brought up. Kompon may stay put after the recent run to the Stanley Cup. Kompon worked under Quenneville for several years in St. Louis.

http://www.truehockey.com/articles/Hot-Stove-Time

Also talks about Semin coming to the Wings. Also, tweets have came out stating that the Philly report is completely untrue and there is no list for Ryan Suter currently. Obviously, he isn't going to say if there was, or wasn't but thats the latest.

Cheli trying to push for Suter to sign in Chicago? I call bulls*** on that rumor given that, oh I don't know, the fact that Cheli actually works for the Wings maybe.

Thats what caught me off because he's apart of our development program right now. I don't know why he would be pushing for Chicago and didn't Gary Suter PLAY for Chicago? I like to throw out articles for others though, and that is why I posted it.

Suter

Parise

Garrison

Gaustad

(Harding?)

I'm guessing this is roundabout Kenny's best-case wishlist, in approximate order.

I think Suter is a near-lock to come here. Parise, not so much - but not so far from it, really. The big difference, I feel (and, granted, I could be way off-base here), is that Suter wants out of Nashville, whereas Parise is perhaps not quite so keen on leaving NJ. If he can pry himself away from the Devils, I think he's ours.

Now, watch them both go to Minnesota.

[/jinx]

Cheli trying to push for Suter to sign in Chicago? I call bulls*** on that rumor given that, oh I don't know, the fact that Cheli actually works for the Wings maybe.

Exactly what I thought when I read that. I know Chelios was a long time Hawk but he also played a fair number of years for the wings as well. If he didn't have a job within our organization I could see this being 100% true since like I said he played in Chicago for the prime of his career. Butttttttttttt since he's working with the Wings no way in hell he would do something like that. He doesn't strike me as someone who would do it behind the wings backs either.

Take it for what it's worth, but it was retweeted by George Malik, so there might be a bit of credibility to it...

Joshua Cooper, Predators' reporter for The Tennessean, just tweeted the following...

Poile says he thinks Suter will go to July 1

And a followup by Malik on KuklasKorner...

I hate following this sort of thing early on in the process, but Smashville 24/7’s Ryan Porth and the Tennessean’s Joshua Cooper noted the following from Predators GM David Poile, who was speaking to reporters on a conference call after trading Anders Lindback to Tampa Bay:

Poile believes [Ryan] Suter will test the market

Poile says its unlikely he trades Suter’s rights. Poile worried about him testing market.

Anything can happen still obviously, but I feel better about Suter becoming a Red Wing every day. If the draft passes and his rights do not indeed get moved, it will be even more of a relief.

It's going to be a hell of a disappointment on July 1st if he doesn't sign here with the expectations rising.

Exactly what I thought when I read that. I know Chelios was a long time Hawk but he also played a fair number of years for the wings as well. If he didn't have a job within our organization I could see this being 100% true since like I said he played in Chicago for the prime of his career. Butttttttttttt since he's working with the Wings no way in hell he would do something like that. He doesn't strike me as someone who would do it behind the wings backs either.

Uh....ya. Considering if Suter is Holland's PRIME target, I think Chelios just may lose his job if he is trying to convince him to play in Chicago...

Oh and to the original article referring to this, long time Blackhawk...LONGER time Red Wing and CURRENT Red Wing Brass... I love all the spinmasters that come out this time of year, they all know it all!

Guess what guys, tonight I went to Monroe St. Steakhouse in Greektown and I may or may not have seen someone who may or may not have looked like someone from the higher ups of the Red Wings having dinner with someone who may or may not have looked like Ryan Suter...I wasn't sure, but just sayin... [/sarcasm]

Edited by LeftWinger

Uh....ya. Considering if Suter is Holland's PRIME target, I think Chelios just may lose his job if he is trying to convince him to play in Chicago...

Oh and to the original article referring to this, long time Blackhawk...LONGER time Red Wing and CURRENT Red Wing Brass... I love all the spinmasters that come out this time of year, they all know it all!

Guess what guys, tonight I went to Monroe St. Steakhouse in Greektown and I may or may not have seen someone who may or may not have looked like someone from the higher ups of the Red Wings having dinner with someone who may or may not have looked like Ryan Suter...I wasn't sure, but just sayin... [/sarcasm]

ryan suter can't talk to any other team until july 1st,so it probaly was not him.

Even if Nashville trades his rights, doesn't change a thing for us. In the end it will come down to one important decision does Suter want to be a RedWing or not, if so he will be :-) Let Philly, The Rangers or whichever team trade for his rights and then sign him july 1!

Nashville just traded Lindback to Tampa, if that affects anything.

doesn't mean anything here. they signed Rinne to that monster contract with him playing 70+ games a season in mind. a backup goalie that can fetch a bucketload of draft picks is a great deal for them

If we get Suter I might come to think we can get Parise too. Call it a hunch but both American players wanting to play hockey together wanting to play for one of the best organizations in all of Sports for the last 20 years. Yes.

By poile statement of how suter wasnt gonna rush into anything i would assume that he won't be signed by july 1st. If kenny pulls this rabbit out of his hat and gets both i will seriously shart myself.