• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,199 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 02:43 PM

Suter
Parise
Garrison
Gaustad
(Harding?)

I'm guessing this is roundabout Kenny's best-case wishlist, in approximate order.

I think Suter is a near-lock to come here. Parise, not so much - but not so far from it, really. The big difference, I feel (and, granted, I could be way off-base here), is that Suter wants out of Nashville, whereas Parise is perhaps not quite so keen on leaving NJ. If he can pry himself away from the Devils, I think he's ours.

Now, watch them both go to Minnesota.

[/jinx]

Don't Toews me, bro!

#62 Hockey13Playa

Hockey13Playa

Here's my card.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,414 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 02:51 PM

Cheli trying to push for Suter to sign in Chicago? I call bulls*** on that rumor given that, oh I don't know, the fact that Cheli actually works for the Wings maybe.

Exactly what I thought when I read that. I know Chelios was a long time Hawk but he also played a fair number of years for the wings as well. If he didn't have a job within our organization I could see this being 100% true since like I said he played in Chicago for the prime of his career. Butttttttttttt since he's working with the Wings no way in hell he would do something like that. He doesn't strike me as someone who would do it behind the wings backs either.

Posted Image

#63 Jedi

Jedi

Christmastime is buzzing in my skull...

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,827 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 03:34 PM

Take it for what it's worth, but it was retweeted by George Malik, so there might be a bit of credibility to it...

Joshua Cooper, Predators' reporter for The Tennessean, just tweeted the following...

Poile says he thinks Suter will go to July 1

And a followup by Malik on KuklasKorner...

I hate following this sort of thing early on in the process, but Smashville 24/7’s Ryan Porth and the Tennessean’s Joshua Cooper noted the following from Predators GM David Poile, who was speaking to reporters on a conference call after trading Anders Lindback to Tampa Bay:

Poile believes [Ryan] Suter will test the market
Poile says its unlikely he trades Suter’s rights. Poile worried about him testing market.

"And the best, I must confess, I have saved for the last, for the ruler of this Christmas land,

is a fearsome king with a deep mighty voice, least, that's what I've come to understand.

And I've also heard it told, that he's something to behold, like a lobster, huge and red!

When he sets out to slay with his rain gear on, carting bulging sacks with his big great arms, that is so I've heard it said.

And on a dark cold night, under full moon light, he flies into a fog like a vulture in the sky!

And they call him Sandy Claws!

#64 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,920 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 04:05 PM

Good, because NJ is going to sign and trade Parise to Detroit and Suter will just sign here on July 1st... Tatar/Mursak/J. Andersson/3rd rounder to NJ... :ph34r:

Edited by LeftWinger, 15 June 2012 - 04:06 PM.

Bring Fedorov Home For A Day!

He Needs To Retire A Red Wing.

When Gordie Leaves Us, the NHL MUST Retire The #9.

#65 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,640 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 07:55 PM

Anything can happen still obviously, but I feel better about Suter becoming a Red Wing every day. If the draft passes and his rights do not indeed get moved, it will be even more of a relief.

It's going to be a hell of a disappointment on July 1st if he doesn't sign here with the expectations rising.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#66 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,920 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 10:00 PM

Exactly what I thought when I read that. I know Chelios was a long time Hawk but he also played a fair number of years for the wings as well. If he didn't have a job within our organization I could see this being 100% true since like I said he played in Chicago for the prime of his career. Butttttttttttt since he's working with the Wings no way in hell he would do something like that. He doesn't strike me as someone who would do it behind the wings backs either.

Uh....ya. Considering if Suter is Holland's PRIME target, I think Chelios just may lose his job if he is trying to convince him to play in Chicago...

Oh and to the original article referring to this, long time Blackhawk...LONGER time Red Wing and CURRENT Red Wing Brass... I love all the spinmasters that come out this time of year, they all know it all!

Guess what guys, tonight I went to Monroe St. Steakhouse in Greektown and I may or may not have seen someone who may or may not have looked like someone from the higher ups of the Red Wings having dinner with someone who may or may not have looked like Ryan Suter...I wasn't sure, but just sayin... [/sarcasm]

Edited by LeftWinger, 15 June 2012 - 10:01 PM.

Bring Fedorov Home For A Day!

He Needs To Retire A Red Wing.

When Gordie Leaves Us, the NHL MUST Retire The #9.

#67 PredsFanTheBayouState

PredsFanTheBayouState

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 10:20 PM

Uh....ya. Considering if Suter is Holland's PRIME target, I think Chelios just may lose his job if he is trying to convince him to play in Chicago...

Oh and to the original article referring to this, long time Blackhawk...LONGER time Red Wing and CURRENT Red Wing Brass... I love all the spinmasters that come out this time of year, they all know it all!

Guess what guys, tonight I went to Monroe St. Steakhouse in Greektown and I may or may not have seen someone who may or may not have looked like someone from the higher ups of the Red Wings having dinner with someone who may or may not have looked like Ryan Suter...I wasn't sure, but just sayin... [/sarcasm]

ryan suter can't talk to any other team until july 1st,so it probaly was not him.

#68 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 10:22 PM

Suter wants to come here so bad he can taste it.

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#69 Hockey13Playa

Hockey13Playa

Here's my card.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,414 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 10:42 PM

ryan suter can't talk to any other team until july 1st,so it probaly was not him.

Really he can't? Two things:

1. His joke was over your head. :butbut:

2. You're in denial that Suter is leaving! :cool:

Posted Image

#70 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,611 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 10:57 PM

Nashville just traded Lindback to Tampa, if that affects anything.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#71 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,395 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 01:17 AM

Even if Nashville trades his rights, doesn't change a thing for us. In the end it will come down to one important decision does Suter want to be a RedWing or not, if so he will be :-) Let Philly, The Rangers or whichever team trade for his rights and then sign him july 1!

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

<< Win it for Mr. Hockey !

#72 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,199 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 08:41 AM

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#73 jeff48109

jeff48109

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,546 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 08:55 AM

Nashville just traded Lindback to Tampa, if that affects anything.

doesn't mean anything here. they signed Rinne to that monster contract with him playing 70+ games a season in mind. a backup goalie that can fetch a bucketload of draft picks is a great deal for them

#74 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 10:20 AM

If we get Suter I might come to think we can get Parise too. Call it a hunch but both American players wanting to play hockey together wanting to play for one of the best organizations in all of Sports for the last 20 years. Yes.

#75 Hey man nice shot!

Hey man nice shot!

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 10:59 AM

If we get Suter I might come to think we can get Parise too. Call it a hunch but both American players wanting to play hockey together wanting to play for one of the best organizations in all of Sports for the last 20 years. Yes.

By poile statement of how suter wasnt gonna rush into anything i would assume that he won't be signed by july 1st. If kenny pulls this rabbit out of his hat and gets both i will seriously shart myself.