• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
centcougar07

Zach Parise

Rate this topic

Saw this on twitter via one of my followers. My link

Lou Nanne is reporting on a conversation he had with Minnesota Wild owner Craig Leipold regarding Zach Parise. Skip to about the 22 minute mark of the podcast to hear the important parts.

If this is true, it could be bad news for Red Wings fans.

EDIT: Skip to the 25 minute mark.

Edited by centcougar07

Why don't you describe what is going on in the opening post instead of saying "Hey, here is a link, click it and take my word for what is on it"?

25 minute mark has talking about LA rioting (or lack therof) after their cup win. Nothing about Zach Parise.

27 minute mark talking about crowds and random crap. Head coach for LA going to stay? Who knows in this radio broadcast.

28 Phil Jackson talk. Radio host says "Let's leave Parise aside for the time being". So 3 minutes after you say we should start listening they discuss Parise only to say that they aren't going to talk about it yet? Jeez, man.

30 minutes in: Leopold says nobody is going to outbid the Wild. So if Parise is going anywhere, it is for less money. The guy just assumes that Parise isn't going to be here simply because the Wild's GM is going to throw as much money as he can at him. Implying Holland can't afford to do that as well.

Not bad news, just more of what we assumed would happen.

Edited by Doc Holliday

Why don't you describe what is going on in the opening post instead of saying "Hey, here is a link, click it and take my word for what is on it"?

25 minute mark has talking about LA rioting (or lack therof) after their cup win. Nothing about Zach Parise.

27 minute mark talking about crowds and random crap. Head coach for LA going to stay? Who knows in this radio broadcast.

28 Phil Jackson talk. Radio host says "Let's leave Parise aside for the time being". So 3 minutes after you say we should start listening they discuss Parise only to say that they aren't going to talk about it yet? Jeez, man.

30 minutes in: Leopold says nobody is going to outbid the Wild. So if Parise is going anywhere, it is for less money. The guy just assumes that Parise isn't going to be here simply because the Wild's GM is going to throw as much money as he can at him. Implying Holland can't afford to do that as well.

Not bad news, just more of what we assumed would happen.

Parise talk starts at about 28 but I was trying to give some perspective on the conversation by having people listen to a couple minutes of other hockey talk. I think it's bad news because here we have an expert with an in on the whole situation saying he would be shocked if he didn't end up with the Wild. The conversation also goes on at the 35:45 mark as well.

Listen, in the Cap world, your highest paid player on your team can only make up to a certain percentage of the teams payroll...so to say that Leopold is going to offer him so much that if he goes somewhere else, he is going to have to take less is absurd. Holland (along with most other teams) has enough cap space available that they can ALL offer Parise the most money. Whatever Leopold offer's Parise it would be stupid to think that Holland could not match it, and if that amount is more than $9M, he would be stupid TO match it. For God's sake Crosby is ready to sign a contract that will pay him $9M a year, do you honestly think that Parise deserves Crosby type money? If Leopold offers Parise upwards of $10M+ then he is just sinking the NHL further into oblivion. I would HOPE, HOPE that Holland does not offer Parise $10M per year. I believe that Holland is prepared to offer up to $8M. That is it. If Parise signs anywhere outside of 5 or 6 teams that are legit contenders, for more money, he is not only an indiot, he is in it for the money and doesn't want to win. We have said all along, he may or may not end up here, he just may sign in Minnesota, but he won't be winning a Cup anytime soon if he goes there. But hey, the choice is his and he will the choice for his own needs...

Edited by LeftWinger

This isn't news.. This is someone speculating. People around here keep saying we're going to get both parise and suter.. Doesn't mean it's gunna happen. But I think if there's any team that gets both of them, it's the wings.

Every team with money is going to make him an offer. He is THE premiere UFA forward this summer. Depending on what kind of chance he wants to win a Cup, there are really only about 10 teams that have a legit chance every year to do that no matter what happens during the summer. The Wings are one of those teams, the Wild are not.

None of this matters, Zach will play where he wants to play. He'll probably just re-sign in Jersey.

I'm thinking about this possibility, too. But he's got to know deep down that that Jersey team is not going to the finals again any time soon. Despite early playoff losses, Detroit knows how to win and they are in the best position to reshape their team and make a deep run for the Cup they've been in for years. If I'm a player, I want to be a part of that. It's not often when a team with a winning history gets a chance to basically buy whoever they want to stack the team.

Think the mods should move this thread to the rumor section. All speculation of course but i wont even bother since I saw who started the thread and he thinks he knows everything about Zach Parise and what he's going to do.

p.s K-Fan is so bad I won't even listen to it cause it's so Minnesota Sports biased obviously. Vikqueens, Twinkies, BS-Wolves and the Wild. In general Minnesota sports teams are awful and this is the state of hockey? lol.

Think the mods should move this thread to the rumor section. All speculation of course but i wont even bother since I saw who started the thread and he thinks he knows everything about Zach Parise and what he's going to do.

p.s K-Fan is so bad I won't even listen to it cause it's so Minnesota Sports biased obviously. Vikqueens, Twinkies, BS-Wolves and the Wild. In general Minnesota sports teams are awful and this is the state of hockey? lol.

Right there with you man. Minnesota teams are trash outside the WNBA.. :zzz: The fans are by far the dumbest people. I was listening to it once on the way home from work, and this girl was saying if New Jersey wins game 4 (at the time series was 3-0 Kings). New Jersey would win the series 4-3.

Right there with you man. Minnesota teams are trash outside the WNBA.. :zzz: The fans are by far the dumbest people. I was listening to it once on the way home from work, and this girl was saying if New Jersey wins game 4 (at the time series was 3-0 Kings). New Jersey would win the series 4-3.

Forgot about the Lynx do they even count? lol. Sad when a WNBA team is their best professional team.

But back to the topic at hand. Let the Wild offer Parise as much money as possible. Who cares. Lot's of teams are going to offer him a lot of money no doubt. I don't buy into the "oh he's from Minnesota so he's going to sign here" BS anymore. It's about winning in professional sports. Winning. The Wild ain't going to be winning at anything for a long time. Sad but true.

Edited by St. Michael (the Red Wing)

This thread shouldn't even exist. Theres the same amount of credibility to this then myself making a podcast saying theres no chance he goes to any team besides Detroit. The Parise deal is getting shaken up due to the investors willing to take them out of their problems. Still, Parise wants a home and he wants a contender with an uptempo style. He's already stated on record that he loves the style the wings play and pasha is his favorite player. He wants a cup. Minnesota brings nothing to the table in that aspect besides him being born there. He was upset with the management and coaching problems in new jersey. They've hopefully fixed all of that, so he may not even be leaving them now.

Guest Hatethedrake!

Yawn. This means nothing. The Wings are still one of the favourites to sign Parise and Suter. I don't care what some biased Minnesota reporter says.

Listen, in the Cap world, your highest paid player on your team can only make up to a certain percentage of the teams payroll...so to say that Leopold is going to offer him so much that if he goes somewhere else, he is going to have to take less is absurd. Holland (along with most other teams) has enough cap space available that they can ALL offer Parise the most money. Whatever Leopold offer's Parise it would be stupid to think that Holland could not match it, and if that amount is more than $9M, he would be stupid TO match it. For God's sake Crosby is ready to sign a contract that will pay him $9M a year, do you honestly think that Parise deserves Crosby type money? If Leopold offers Parise upwards of $10M+ then he is just sinking the NHL further into oblivion. I would HOPE, HOPE that Holland does not offer Parise $10M per year. I believe that Holland is prepared to offer up to $8M. That is it. If Parise signs anywhere outside of 5 or 6 teams that are legit contenders, for more money, he is not only an indiot, he is in it for the money and doesn't want to win. We have said all along, he may or may not end up here, he just may sign in Minnesota, but he won't be winning a Cup anytime soon if he goes there. But hey, the choice is his and he will the choice for his own needs...

BTW, Mr. Nanne is a reporter for the Wild, doesn't mean he is an expert on the Parise situation...no more of an expert than any beat reporter for any NHL club...

I think this is just Minnesota playing mind games. They're not going to outbid a 9 million dollar offer from a poop team, Leo is a decent GM, he's not stupid. Minnesota is letting these rumors leak so that "oh well, Minnesota is just going to outbid us anyway lets focus on someone else instead while it's still early" is in the back of other GM's heads on July 1st....Holland knows when smoke is being blown up his ass. He needs to ignore this BS and go hard for Parise come July.

I think Parise is worth around 7 million...though he'll be offered more. We'll find out if he's about the money or about winning soon enough. If he's only about the money I don't want him anyway...

This is classic politics at work. This part of the interview should have been preceded by "The following message is not intended for our radio listeners, but intended to be a message directly to Zach Parise and his manager". Ahhh, the games teams play to get an edge.

Edited by Learn2LuvIt

I think this is just Minnesota playing mind games. They're not going to outbid a 9 million dollar offer from a poop team, Leo is a decent GM, he's not stupid. Minnesota is letting these rumors leak so that "oh well, Minnesota is just going to outbid us anyway lets focus on someone else instead while it's still early" is in the back of other GM's heads on July 1st....Holland knows when smoke is being blown up his ass. He needs to ignore this BS and go hard for Parise come July.

I think Parise is worth around 7 million...though he'll be offered more. We'll find out if he's about the money or about winning soon enough. If he's only about the money I don't want him anyway...

Craig Leipold is the not the GM of the Wild fyi.

But I agree with your last sentence totally.

After shutting down questions about this future following a Game 6 loss ing the Stanley Cup Final against the Los Angeles Kings, potential unrestricted free agent Zach Parise addressed where he's headed during the New Jersey Devils' "clean out" day on Wednesday.

Or, more specifically, where he's not headed: Parise said there was "no way" he would sign with the New York Rangers this summer.

This comes after that infamous moment in the Eastern Conference Final when his father, former NHLer J.P. Parise, appeared to play matchmaker between the Devils captain and John Tortorella's team.

"I like the people here," he said of his remaining a Devil. "I like the staff, my teammates. I like the area. There's a lot of good things about this place."

Parise was asked twice about the idea of signing with the Rangers and shot it down both times. "Don't try to get a headline out of it," he warned.

... "I've always like playing here," he said. "That's never changed. We'll see where this takes us right now, but this is a great place to play and I love playing here. I love being here."

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/zach-parise-no-way-ll-sign-ny-rangers-171645192--nhl.html

Seriously? Another Parise thread. Oh jeeeez lol.

Anyways... Nothing in that article says " I want to stay a Devil". He simply states he likes the team, the players, the organization, etc. Like people have been saying on these boards for years; You think that he's going to say The Devils blow I want out, this team is a piece of s*** and I can't wait for July 1st. No, he wouldn't. A lot of it comes to financials too which the Devils are lacking. I still think he leaves New Jersey. Of course I want him here in Detroit but if he signs in Minnesota then all I can say is wow, so much for your cup contender mentality.

Dan Rosen's tweet sums it up well. (Emphasis mine)

Parise said he wants to come back. That doesn't mean he is guaranteed to come back. But, he said "No way" when asked about the Rangers.