• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
centcougar07

Zach Parise

Rate this topic

After shutting down questions about this future following a Game 6 loss ing the Stanley Cup Final against the Los Angeles Kings, potential unrestricted free agent Zach Parise addressed where he's headed during the New Jersey Devils' "clean out" day on Wednesday.

Or, more specifically, where he's not headed: Parise said there was "no way" he would sign with the New York Rangers this summer.

This comes after that infamous moment in the Eastern Conference Final when his father, former NHLer J.P. Parise, appeared to play matchmaker between the Devils captain and John Tortorella's team.

What I like about this is he said "no way" to the Rangers. Not just that they're outta the race for him, but it shows that he's not just gonna go to whoever throws the most money at him. He's considering where he wants to play too. I think Detroit can make a very strong pitch to him.

Hossa said he liked Pittsburgh and Detroit. A lot of future UFAs say in the month before UFA starts that they love the city, want to stay, etc. Usually doesn't stop them from testing free agency.

Guest Kronstantinov

What I like about this is he said "no way" to the Rangers. Not just that they're outta the race for him, but it shows that he's not just gonna go to whoever throws the most money at him. He's considering where he wants to play too. I think Detroit can make a very strong pitch to him.

I think I remember him saying something like that Datsyuk is the best or his favourite player or something like that in an interview during an All-Star game I believe. So hopefully that could be a factor in his decision

Care to elaborate on that please?

Idk he's not outstanding he's fast and a strong fore checker... He's no Datsyuk or Zetterberg... Just his age is what appeals me... He's not the sniper we are looking for ...but no doubt he will make the team much stronger, suter is more important IMO

Ya well, I like NJ too, I just like Michigan a lot better!

Anyhow on today's 97.1 The Ticket show with Mike and Terry they were asking wold it be wise for Detroit to trade for Parise's rights. I found it weird because they NEVER talk about hockey unless it is something substantial or if they had heard something. I am not playing "centcougar" here and saying it's in stone that they are trading for him just because a reporter says they might. They made a great point when talking about Parise/Suter...They mentioned the fact that they would like to play together (probably heard the same stuff we hear) and that Detroit would be smart to Trade for Parise's rights and put themselves in a better position to sign Suter on July 1st if they already have Parise sewn up. They were also asking the listeners what would be a good deal to acquire him...IMO I would say if Holland is going to take this route he is gonna have to outbid a few others and he should offer a very high pick along with a prospect... I would say offer a 3rd AND Tatar. That is pretty steep for "rights" but the Wings need to make this splash and it would give them an inside line on Suter as well. I would even up the ante a bit if NJ asked. It is very imperative that Parise becomes a Red Wing and giving us a few weeks of uninterrupted talks should guarantee a contract for at least 5 years if not 8-10.

They also mentioned an that the Wings could offer Parise the "C" as an incentive to sign here. What about Z, you are gonna say, but they had a point, if Zetterberg was to be the next captain hands down, no questions, he'd already be named the captain by now. If Z is the man, whats the hold up? Maybe if Parise or Suter come here, one of those will be it.

Guest irishock

Starting to not care about signing Parise now... His play didn't seem to warrant a 7+ million a year.... Get suter first and foremost and if Parise wants to be a wing then good but if he doesn't I wouldn't be that upset

Right. Let's average <2 goals/game ext year.

Z is the next captain. It isn't a matter of lingering doubt -- the team waited until training camp to name Nick as well and that was clearly a slam dunk decision. Babcock acknowledged during Nick's retirement PC that the organization would spend some time discussing it, but it was pretty evident who everyone expected to win out. I'm definitely not opposed to Parise/Suter getting in on the "A" rotation should either or both sign in Detroit, but no way does either end up wearing the "C".

Guest irishock

Parise is looking for his big payday. NJ already has one long term deal, and with the financial situation they're in, they're not going to offer him anything more than a smaller term deal.

Edited by irishock

From Sportsnet:

"I can tell you this: No one is going to outbid the Wild. So if Parise goes somewhere else, you can bet he's going for less money,” Nanne added. “I'm not going to say the figure, but it's going to be plenty. It's gonna be a lot more than I ever expected. It's gonna be so substantial that I cannot see Zach Parise turning it down."

Thanks to Zach Parise, Lou Nanne is back in the news...barely.

Michael Russo of the Star-Tribune: "The Wild have more than $20 million in salary cap space and will be targeting “NHL talent.” The Wild are desperate for scoring and are expected to offer Zach Parise as much as $8-9 million a year."

I doubt 8-9 even gets him to go to the wild.. I dont even kno why the wild even think they have a chance at landing parise.

Michael Russo of the Star-Tribune: "The Wild Red Wings have more than $20 $26 million in salary cap space and will be targeting “TOP NHL talent.” The Wild Red Wings are desperate in need of top line scoring and are expected to offer Zach Parise as much as $8-9 million a year Whatever It Takes to land him."

Gee Mr, Russo, seems like that is a cookie cutter headline if I ever read one! <insert team and $$$$$ under the cap here>

The difference is Mr. Russo of the Star Tribune, the Red Wings are looking to get back to the Cup final and Parise will help them do that. You have no one to help Parise get to the final on the Wild...

BTW, where has centcougartown been? Maybe he is getting more love for his expertise on callofthewildprospectpool.com...

Edited by LeftWinger

Gee Mr, Russo, seems like that is a cookie cutter headline if I ever read one! <insert team and $$$$$ under the cap here>

The difference is Mr. Russo of the Star Tribune, the Red Wings are looking to get back to the Cup final and Parise will help them do that. You have no one to help Parise get to the final on the Wild...

BTW, where has centcougartown been? Maybe he is getting more love for his expertise on callofthewildprospectpool.com...

No way Brah...I'm Dany Heatley and I'M THE f***IN' BEST! :lol:

Ya, I can see that now...

i couldn't help myself... Heatley is a dick. Other than him, the Wild have Mikko Koivu and not much else. But apparently "the best prospect pool in the league" :zzz: Just bring your buddy Suter to the Wings and win a cup next year, and even contend every year after that....

that is the ultimate prize right? the stanley cup, not money.

that is the ultimate prize right? the stanley cup, not money.

So one would think...

sadly enough 1-2 million extra on top of the crazy amounts they already get sometimes overpowers a players choice. Perfect example was in the NBA; Ben Wallace left the Pistons to go to the Bulls said he needed to provide for his family. I forget the lengh of his contract but it was something like 42 million offered by the Pistons and 48 from the Bulls. At the time the 'stones still had their key pieces and could of went back to the finals. My point is you need that extra few million to provide for your family? Really? LOL. Its like some of the players just don't care about that ultimate prize.

Side note<<<<<<< BASKETBALL SUCKS :hehe:

Are all wild fans this stupid?

The last time Detroit made the playoffs without Lidstrom, most of this forum's posters weren't even born. Datsyuk is 2 years removed from his last full season. All of their highly rated players are on the wrong side of 30. Their second best defenseman is Jonathan Ericsson. They have one of the worst goalies in the league. Barren doesn't even begin to describe their prospect pool, and they don't even have a first round pick this year. They're down to two forwards who could even hope to be considered game breaking. Their #1 defenseman at this point would be second pairing for many teams. They have only 3 players signed past 2013-2014, and one of those is an overpaid Franzen.

If there were ever a team with no clear reason for hope in the future, it's Detroit. Even Vancouver (who has thrown caution to the wind, sacrificing the future for the present) has a brighter outlook 3 years down the road. Parise is rumored to be looking for a perennial contender, not someone who will be one and done if they even make the playoffs.