• Please log in to reply
166 replies to this topic

#21 TRD604

TRD604

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 12:49 PM

After shutting down questions about this future following a Game 6 loss ing the Stanley Cup Final against the Los Angeles Kings, potential unrestricted free agent Zach Parise addressed where he's headed during the New Jersey Devils' "clean out" day on Wednesday.
Or, more specifically, where he's not headed: Parise said there was "no way" he would sign with the New York Rangers this summer.
This comes after that infamous moment in the Eastern Conference Final when his father, former NHLer J.P. Parise, appeared to play matchmaker between the Devils captain and John Tortorella's team.

"I like the people here," he said of his remaining a Devil. "I like the staff, my teammates. I like the area. There's a lot of good things about this place."
Parise was asked twice about the idea of signing with the Rangers and shot it down both times. "Don't try to get a headline out of it," he warned.
... "I've always like playing here," he said. "That's never changed. We'll see where this takes us right now, but this is a great place to play and I love playing here. I love being here."

http://sports.yahoo....45192--nhl.html

#22 Hockey13Playa

Hockey13Playa

Here's my card.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,414 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 12:58 PM

Seriously? Another Parise thread. Oh jeeeez lol.

Anyways... Nothing in that article says " I want to stay a Devil". He simply states he likes the team, the players, the organization, etc. Like people have been saying on these boards for years; You think that he's going to say The Devils blow I want out, this team is a piece of s*** and I can't wait for July 1st. No, he wouldn't. A lot of it comes to financials too which the Devils are lacking. I still think he leaves New Jersey. Of course I want him here in Detroit but if he signs in Minnesota then all I can say is wow, so much for your cup contender mentality.

Posted Image

#23 GoalieManPat

GoalieManPat

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,413 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 01:01 PM

What do you expect him to say? Hes not going to trash the team hes still the captain of.

#24 Hockey13Playa

Hockey13Playa

Here's my card.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,414 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 01:02 PM

Starting to not care about signing Parise now... His play didn't seem to warrant a 7+ million a year.... Get suter first and foremost and if Parise wants to be a wing then good but if he doesn't I wouldn't be that upset

Care to elaborate on that please?

Posted Image

#25 Jedi

Jedi

I used to be a spy...

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,821 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 01:05 PM

Dan Rosen's tweet sums it up well. (Emphasis mine)

Parise said he wants to come back. That doesn't mean he is guaranteed to come back. But, he said "No way" when asked about the Rangers.

burnnotice2.png
Covert Ops has its perks. You travel, make your own hours, and expense most of your meals.
The downside? Lots of people want you dead...

#26 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 01:12 PM

Him being open to coming back doesn't change the dire financial situation in NJ.
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#27 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 01:14 PM

If he stays with the Devils and they overpay (there is president here), they might become "Vancouver East".

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#28 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,917 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 01:16 PM

After shutting down questions about this future following a Game 6 loss ing the Stanley Cup Final against the Los Angeles Kings, potential unrestricted free agent Zach Parise addressed where he's headed during the New Jersey Devils' "clean out" day on Wednesday.
Or, more specifically, where he's not headed: Parise said there was "no way" he would sign with the New York Rangers this summer.
This comes after that infamous moment in the Eastern Conference Final when his father, former NHLer J.P. Parise, appeared to play matchmaker between the Devils captain and John Tortorella's team.

What I like about this is he said "no way" to the Rangers. Not just that they're outta the race for him, but it shows that he's not just gonna go to whoever throws the most money at him. He's considering where he wants to play too. I think Detroit can make a very strong pitch to him.

#29 Shaman

Shaman

Die hard Red Wing fan and realist.

• Silver Booster
  • 3,846 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 01:35 PM

Hossa said he liked Pittsburgh and Detroit. A lot of future UFAs say in the month before UFA starts that they love the city, want to stay, etc. Usually doesn't stop them from testing free agency.
Feuer und Wasser kommt nicht zusammen
Kann man nicht binden sind nicht verwandt
In Funken versunken steh ich in Flammen
und bin im Wasser verbrannt
Im Wasser verbrannt

#30 Kronstantinov

Kronstantinov

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 01:43 PM

What I like about this is he said "no way" to the Rangers. Not just that they're outta the race for him, but it shows that he's not just gonna go to whoever throws the most money at him. He's considering where he wants to play too. I think Detroit can make a very strong pitch to him.

I think I remember him saying something like that Datsyuk is the best or his favourite player or something like that in an interview during an All-Star game I believe. So hopefully that could be a factor in his decision

#31 Jersey Wing

Jersey Wing

Watching Eastern Conference hockey before it was cool...

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 02:49 PM

Here's an interview with Parise himself in today's Star-Ledger. He ONLY rules out signing with the Rangers...

http://www.nj.com/de...no_way_ill.html

14767451334_8f0d14d8cb_o.jpg

#32 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,447 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 02:58 PM

Care to elaborate on that please?

Idk he's not outstanding he's fast and a strong fore checker... He's no Datsyuk or Zetterberg... Just his age is what appeals me... He's not the sniper we are looking for ...but no doubt he will make the team much stronger, suter is more important IMO

#33 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,816 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 03:17 PM

Ya well, I like NJ too, I just like Michigan a lot better!

Anyhow on today's 97.1 The Ticket show with Mike and Terry they were asking wold it be wise for Detroit to trade for Parise's rights. I found it weird because they NEVER talk about hockey unless it is something substantial or if they had heard something. I am not playing "centcougar" here and saying it's in stone that they are trading for him just because a reporter says they might. They made a great point when talking about Parise/Suter...They mentioned the fact that they would like to play together (probably heard the same stuff we hear) and that Detroit would be smart to Trade for Parise's rights and put themselves in a better position to sign Suter on July 1st if they already have Parise sewn up. They were also asking the listeners what would be a good deal to acquire him...IMO I would say if Holland is going to take this route he is gonna have to outbid a few others and he should offer a very high pick along with a prospect... I would say offer a 3rd AND Tatar. That is pretty steep for "rights" but the Wings need to make this splash and it would give them an inside line on Suter as well. I would even up the ante a bit if NJ asked. It is very imperative that Parise becomes a Red Wing and giving us a few weeks of uninterrupted talks should guarantee a contract for at least 5 years if not 8-10.

They also mentioned an that the Wings could offer Parise the "C" as an incentive to sign here. What about Z, you are gonna say, but they had a point, if Zetterberg was to be the next captain hands down, no questions, he'd already be named the captain by now. If Z is the man, whats the hold up? Maybe if Parise or Suter come here, one of those will be it.

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Nestrasil, yes...Cleary....No!

Dump Q and K Now!

#34 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 04:18 PM

I don't see Parise or Suter getting the C. You have to earn that s***, especially here.

Edited by rrasco, 13 June 2012 - 04:20 PM.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

#35 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 05:54 PM

Starting to not care about signing Parise now... His play didn't seem to warrant a 7+ million a year.... Get suter first and foremost and if Parise wants to be a wing then good but if he doesn't I wouldn't be that upset

Right. Let's average <2 goals/game ext year.

bringit.jpg

#36 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,503 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 06:11 PM

Z is the next captain. It isn't a matter of lingering doubt -- the team waited until training camp to name Nick as well and that was clearly a slam dunk decision. Babcock acknowledged during Nick's retirement PC that the organization would spend some time discussing it, but it was pretty evident who everyone expected to win out. I'm definitely not opposed to Parise/Suter getting in on the "A" rotation should either or both sign in Detroit, but no way does either end up wearing the "C".

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#37 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 07:37 PM

Parise is looking for his big payday. NJ already has one long term deal, and with the financial situation they're in, they're not going to offer him anything more than a smaller term deal.

Edited by irishock, 13 June 2012 - 07:54 PM.

bringit.jpg

#38 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,035 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 10:03 PM

Hossa

Hossa. :(

Edited by Z and D for the C, 13 June 2012 - 10:03 PM.

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#39 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,243 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 11:17 PM

I can hear centcougar's dead horse screaming from the grave "STFU about Parise to Minnesota already!".

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#40 Johnz96

Johnz96

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 11:37 PM

Right. Let's average <2 goals/game ext year.

We average >3 every year