• Please log in to reply
166 replies to this topic

#41 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,086 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 11:04 AM

Parise's tasted so-close-yet-so-far SCF defeat; I'll be amazed if he signs with the Wild.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#42 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,612 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 11:33 AM

From Sportsnet:

"I can tell you this: No one is going to outbid the Wild. So if Parise goes somewhere else, you can bet he's going for less money,” Nanne added. “I'm not going to say the figure, but it's going to be plenty. It's gonna be a lot more than I ever expected. It's gonna be so substantial that I cannot see Zach Parise turning it down."

Thanks to Zach Parise, Lou Nanne is back in the news...barely.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#43 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 04:15 PM

Michael Russo of the Star-Tribune: "The Wild have more than $20 million in salary cap space and will be targeting “NHL talent.” The Wild are desperate for scoring and are expected to offer Zach Parise as much as $8-9 million a year."

I doubt 8-9 even gets him to go to the wild.. I dont even kno why the wild even think they have a chance at landing parise.

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#44 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,625 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 05:15 PM

Michael Russo of the Star-Tribune: "The Wild Red Wings have more than $20 $26 million in salary cap space and will be targeting “TOP NHL talent.” The Wild Red Wings are desperate in need of top line scoring and are expected to offer Zach Parise as much as $8-9 million a year Whatever It Takes to land him."

Gee Mr, Russo, seems like that is a cookie cutter headline if I ever read one! <insert team and $$$$$ under the cap here>

The difference is Mr. Russo of the Star Tribune, the Red Wings are looking to get back to the Cup final and Parise will help them do that. You have no one to help Parise get to the final on the Wild...

BTW, where has centcougartown been? Maybe he is getting more love for his expertise on callofthewildprospectpool.com...

Edited by LeftWinger, 14 June 2012 - 05:19 PM.

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#45 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,199 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 06:12 PM

Gee Mr, Russo, seems like that is a cookie cutter headline if I ever read one! <insert team and $$$$$ under the cap here>

The difference is Mr. Russo of the Star Tribune, the Red Wings are looking to get back to the Cup final and Parise will help them do that. You have no one to help Parise get to the final on the Wild...

BTW, where has centcougartown been? Maybe he is getting more love for his expertise on callofthewildprospectpool.com...

No way Brah...I'm Dany Heatley and I'M THE f***IN' BEST! :lol:

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#46 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,199 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 07:46 PM

Ya, I can see that now...

i couldn't help myself... Heatley is a dick. Other than him, the Wild have Mikko Koivu and not much else. But apparently "the best prospect pool in the league" :zzz: Just bring your buddy Suter to the Wings and win a cup next year, and even contend every year after that....

that is the ultimate prize right? the stanley cup, not money.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#47 Hockey13Playa

Hockey13Playa

Here's my card.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,413 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 07:50 PM

that is the ultimate prize right? the stanley cup, not money.

So one would think...

sadly enough 1-2 million extra on top of the crazy amounts they already get sometimes overpowers a players choice. Perfect example was in the NBA; Ben Wallace left the Pistons to go to the Bulls said he needed to provide for his family. I forget the lengh of his contract but it was something like 42 million offered by the Pistons and 48 from the Bulls. At the time the 'stones still had their key pieces and could of went back to the finals. My point is you need that extra few million to provide for your family? Really? LOL. Its like some of the players just don't care about that ultimate prize.

Side note<<<<<<< BASKETBALL SUCKS :hehe:

Posted Image

#48 hillbillywingsfan

hillbillywingsfan

Awww poor butch

• Gold Booster
  • 3,534 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 08:59 AM

Are all wild fans this stupid?

The last time Detroit made the playoffs without Lidstrom, most of this forum's posters weren't even born. Datsyuk is 2 years removed from his last full season. All of their highly rated players are on the wrong side of 30. Their second best defenseman is Jonathan Ericsson. They have one of the worst goalies in the league. Barren doesn't even begin to describe their prospect pool, and they don't even have a first round pick this year. They're down to two forwards who could even hope to be considered game breaking. Their #1 defenseman at this point would be second pairing for many teams. They have only 3 players signed past 2013-2014, and one of those is an overpaid Franzen.

If there were ever a team with no clear reason for hope in the future, it's Detroit. Even Vancouver (who has thrown caution to the wind, sacrificing the future for the present) has a brighter outlook 3 years down the road. Parise is rumored to be looking for a perennial contender, not someone who will be one and done if they even make the playoffs.

msg-10491-1258682020.jpg

I LIVE IN TEXAS SO I DON'T DESERVE HOCKEY

#49 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,457 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 09:15 AM

It's okay Wild fan base, score more than one goal a game and well talk about barren futures.

#50 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 09:41 AM

Hahahahahaha cuz the wild are in the playoffs every year right? ...right?

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#51 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 10:32 AM

I'm going to laugh so hard if the Wild don't sign Parise. Seriously every hockey fan I know right now here in MN thinks the Wild are signing Parise. We shall see...

#52 HelmFan

HelmFan

Rookie

• Pip
  • 145 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 10:46 AM

I'm going to laugh so hard if the Wild don't sign Parise. Seriously every hockey fan I know right now here in MN thinks the Wild are signing Parise. We shall see...

and a few months ago every Nashville fan (both of them) would tell you that this was their year to win the cup. Why? because that's what they were being force fed by team management/advertising. They're all just sheep. Soon to be very disappointed sheep.

#53 Johnz96

Johnz96

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 05:29 AM

Are all wild fans this stupid?

The last time Detroit made the playoffs without Lidstrom, most of this forum's posters weren't even born. Datsyuk is 2 years removed from his last full season. All of their highly rated players are on the wrong side of 30. Their second best defenseman is Jonathan Ericsson. They have one of the worst goalies in the league. Barren doesn't even begin to describe their prospect pool, and they don't even have a first round pick this year. They're down to two forwards who could even hope to be considered game breaking. Their #1 defenseman at this point would be second pairing for many teams. They have only 3 players signed past 2013-2014, and one of those is an overpaid Franzen.

If there were ever a team with no clear reason for hope in the future, it's Detroit. Even Vancouver (who has thrown caution to the wind, sacrificing the future for the present) has a brighter outlook 3 years down the road. Parise is rumored to be looking for a perennial contender, not someone who will be one and done if they even make the playoffs.

will be one and done if they even make the playoffs.]

"The Truth of Our Decline"

Edited by Johnz96, 16 June 2012 - 05:38 AM.

#54 Hockey13Playa

Hockey13Playa

Here's my card.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,413 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 10:43 AM

The NHL plans to use a "Coyote type plan" on the New Jersey Devils regarding their finances. I wonder if this increases the chances that Parise leaves for free agency. I sure hope it does, as long as he comes to Hockeytown!

CBS SPORTS

Posted Image

#55 centcougar07

centcougar07

Rookie

• Pip
  • 139 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 07:16 PM

Every team with money is going to make him an offer. He is THE premiere UFA forward this summer. Depending on what kind of chance he wants to win a Cup, there are really only about 10 teams that have a legit chance every year to do that no matter what happens during the summer. The Wings are one of those teams, the Wild are not.

The same was said about the LA Kings last summer by the so called "experts". Id say Minnesota is in a better spot to win for years to come than Detroit. And it's not even close.

#56 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,625 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 07:28 PM

The same was said about the LA Kings last summer by the so called "experts". Id say Minnesota is in a better spot to win for years to come than Detroit. And it's not even close.

:hysterical:

BTW poser...do not EVER refer to the Red Wings as WE again...Us REAL Red Wings fans would never go to another teams forum and pretend to be a fan of that team. We are Wings fans and proud, if you are not proud enough to come here as a Wild fan, then I question what kind of Wild fan you really are...

I bet Detroit "WE" win another Cup before "you" even get to the finals. And in ten years, the Wings "WE" will have at least 2 before "you" get there...and now that is something "not even close." Even if for some reason Detroit "WE" don't end up winning any in the next ten years, I guarantee neither will "you." Let alone "you" won't even make the playoffs for 10 straight years...

EDIT: and just in case you have amnesia: http://www.letsgowin...56#entry2306656

Edited by LeftWinger, 19 June 2012 - 07:34 PM.

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#57 Hockey13Playa

Hockey13Playa

Here's my card.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,413 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 07:51 PM

1. Lets see an article or something proving this or something.

2. Please tell me how Minnesota is in a better spot to win then Detroit?

3. You need to stop taking stupid pills, they are quite bad!

Posted Image

#58 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 08:49 PM

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOl

And please elaborate on this? Because of Minnesota's so called deep prospect pool? :clap:

#59 xtrememachine1

xtrememachine1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,427 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 09:07 PM

And please elaborate on this? Because of Minnesota's so called deep prospect pool? :clap:

Oh please don't make him talk about Minnesota more. lol

#60 Autika

Autika

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 09:08 PM

... yeah, throwing quotes around certain nouns isn't strengthening your argument. You keep going on and on about how the red wings are on decline and you make it sound like they are going to finish bottom of the league next season. Everyone here will admit that the wings haven't been as dominant the last couple years as we would have liked, yet we still have some rather impressive stats going for this team which someone like Parise would probably take into account.
You say the Wild are on the upswing. I do not believe you. Since their inception the Wild have made the playoffs 3 times. this season will mark the 5th year since they had a post-season appearance. The Wild have not had a 100 point or higher season in 6 years. I do not see improvement over the years with the Wild, I see stagnation. They had one player over 50 points last season. The red wings had 5 players at 50 points or higher, one of which was Jiri Hudler. Jiri... Hudler. The red wings have not had a double digit finish since 98-99. The red wings are coming off a season where they set the new record for consecutive home wins. The wings have not missed the post season since 1990.

If the wild's prospect pool is so deep and so much better that what we have in grand rapids, then the wild need to start bringing these young phenoms up the the big leagues because quite frankly, the Wild need more help then Parise can give them.