• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
centcougar07

Zach Parise

Rate this topic

Guest Hatethedrake!

Roloson? :blink: Yikes, like you mean DWAYNE ROLOSON?! Lol!

Sorry but no thanks. If it came to him or what we got, I'd rather stick with Joey MacDonald. Roloson is what, 42 years old now? I wouldn't want to risk signing him.

Kenny likes old goalies. Wreggett, Ranford, Conklin, Hasek, Joseph...

We know damn well Hasek would be our backup before rolo. Besides the fail of defense tampa bay had to deal with rolo played on a big decline to me personally. Plus holland would just love hasek back :P but in all seriousness, didn't kenny say he wanted a youngster as the backup or am i strictly thinking of stevie here.

Oh well you know I, I' I still like Hasek you know even though he retire 1 maybe 2 times or 3 or 4 you know, I, I, I, I, I, I don't know...Ok there is my Dom impersonation of the day...

I'd like a young goalie to back-up Jimmy which is why I suggested signing Montoya. I believe they were both teammates on the US Junior team which won Gold. I am still bitter about Marc Andre Fleury crapping the bed in that gold medal game for Team Canada. Jimmy was to be the starter but injured himself so Montoya got the nod in that tournament and went on to play very well. Jimmy has had the better NHL career though. I think they are both the same age.

Kenny likes old goalies. Wreggett, Ranford, Conklin, Hasek, Joseph...

Yes that is true, but besides for Hasek none of those goalies were over 40 when they played for the Wings. And there is a difference between OLD and ANCIENT lol. That 40 year mark for a goalie is huge in my opinion. Most goalies have a hard time performing well and moving around with ease at that age. Hasek should have an asterisk besides his name because he is just one in a million when it comes to performing at a high level still. I wouldn't want him either though, he's a few years away from 50. I am sure we could find a better backup then him or Roloson. No disrespect to either of them though.

Guest Hatethedrake!

Yes that is true, but besides for Hasek none of those goalies were over 40 when they played for the Wings. And there is a difference between OLD and ANCIENT lol. That 40 year mark for a goalie is huge in my opinion. Most goalies have a hard time performing well and moving around with ease at that age. Hasek should have an asterisk besides his name because he is just one in a million when it comes to performing at a high level still. I wouldn't want him either though, he's a few years away from 50. I am sure we could find a better backup then him or Roloson. No disrespect to either of them though.

Yeah, Rollie will be 43 in October. Yikes. :blink:

I'm not sure you understand the meaning of upswing. Minnesota has built from the ground up doing a full rebuild in 3 years total and now have one of the most talented and deepest prospect pools in the NHL. Those prospects will be turning pro THIS year. Like it or not, that's how championships are won, from the ground up.

You also conveniently left out at the injuries they had. Dany Heatley was the only forward who played all 82 games and he did so on an injured knee. I could go on but it's evident that you think history is the end all be all of the NHL.

I'm not sure you understand the meaning of perennial contender which is what the Wings are. Re-tooling and being competitive EVERY year is a lot more effective than tanking for numerous years in order to stock draft picks for one eventual cup run, and win or lose, YOUR picks will want to head to a team like OURS to try to win a cup EVERY year that they play for the team. NHL13 has a special stanley cup edition with the winner of the cup for the past 22 years in it....in those past 22 years, the Wings have 4 stanley cup championships, pens and devils 3, wild = 0. There's your recipe for success junior. Watch hockey for a few more years and take notes. Some of us have been around for a lot longer and know a little more about the game and how the systems work.

Enjoy the Minnesota Wild Fan Board. Later.

Guest Hatethedrake!

Ok so now I have made some changes to my line-up. Kenny can sell these 5 UFAs on winning a Cup and to take less on their cap hits to make it happen. I know not many of you guys will like Nyquist not having a spot in the line-up. However I am going by what Kenny said recently...Smith IS on the team but Nyquist has to earn his way into the line-up. I got rid of Emmerton and Mursak. Sorry LWer I still have Quincey in there. :lol: So I have Parise and Suter adhering to the all new PAVEL DATSYUK SALARY CAP. All 3 can have cap hits of 6.7 mil a season. If we get both Suter and Parise, I am thinking Kenny will sign them both to long term deals in the 10+ year range to lower the Cap hit. Both will have front loaded deals most likely. I like the idea of adding BOTH Parise and Semin to our top 6. Talk about firepower! I think Dats can turn Semin's game around. He is only 2 years removed from being an elite level sniper plus he is a right handed shot which we desperately need. Being only 27, I would take a chance on the guy for a 1 or 2 year deal. I think he would be willing to take a 1.7 mil a season paycut to play in Detroit. Especially with Dats being here to make him a better player. These lines would be an absolute nightmare for other teams to match up against. Kenny can sell Prust and Montoya on lesser deals as well hopefully. Maybe Nyquist earns his way into the line-up. With Bert's age and bad back, Gus could find his way onto the 3rd line with Helm and Cleary. I just don't like the idea of handing a 1st line winger spot to a rookie like Nyquist. I like this kid and believe he has a bright future. But like Kenny says, he has to earn his way into the line-up. Anyway, can Kenny make this happen? Should he? Basically my idea is that when you have a chance to add 2 elite level top 6 scoring wingers to your top 6 group of forwards then you should do everything you can to do it. With Nick being gone, we MUST score more goals to win. We can still be defensively sound but we all know the huge impact of losing Nick.

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER

My Custom Lineup

FORWARDS

Zach Parise ($6.700m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Alexander Semin ($5.000m)

Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Johan Franzen ($3.955m)

Danny Cleary ($2.800m) / Darren Helm ($2.125m) / Todd Bertuzzi ($2.075m)

Brandon Prust ($1.500m) / Justin Abdelkader ($1.500m) / Patrick Eaves ($1.200m)

Drew Miller ($0.838m) / Gustav Nyquist ($0.875m)

DEFENSEMEN

Ryan Suter ($6.700m) / Niklas Kronwall ($4.750m)

Ian White ($2.875m) / Kyle Quincey ($3.000m)

Brendan Smith ($0.875m) / Jonathan Ericsson ($3.250m)

Jakub Kindl ($0.883m)

GOALTENDERS

Jimmy Howard ($2.250m)

Al Montoya ($1.000m)

------

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)

SALARY CAP: $70,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $69,933,712; BONUSES: $37,500

CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $366,288

I'm not sure you understand the meaning of upswing. Minnesota has built from the ground up doing a full rebuild in 3 years total and now have one of the most talented and deepest prospect pools in the NHL. Those prospects will be turning pro THIS year. Like it or not, that's how championships are won, from the ground up.

You also conveniently left out at the injuries they had. Dany Heatley was the only forward who played all 82 games and he did so on an injured knee. I could go on but it's evident that you think history is the end all be all of the NHL.

I'm not sure you understand the meaning of perennial contender which is what the Wings are. Re-tooling and being competitive EVERY year is a lot more effective than tanking for numerous years in order to stock draft picks for one eventual cup run, and win or lose, YOUR picks will want to head to a team like OURS to try to win a cup EVERY year that they play for the team. NHL13 has a special stanley cup edition with the winner of the cup for the past 22 years in it....in those past 22 years, the Wings have 4 stanley cup championships, pens and devils 3, wild = 0. There's your recipe for success junior. Watch hockey for a few more years and take notes. Some of us have been around for a lot longer and know a little more about the game and how the systems work.

Plenty of teams will say differ about tanking wont get you anywhere. Look at Pittsburgh. Look at Edmonton the previous 3 years, taylor hall jordan eberle ryan nugent hopkins and most likely nail yakupov. They shoukd be getting somewhere one of these days.

Guest Hatethedrake!

Plenty of teams will say differ about tanking wont get you anywhere. Look at Pittsburgh. Look at Edmonton the previous 3 years, taylor hall jordan eberle ryan nugent hopkins and most likely nail yakupov. They shoukd be getting somewhere one of these days.

I don't like teams tanking to get high picks. The Caps did it to get Ovechkin and the Pens tanked to get Malkin and Crosby. What if the NHL changed it so the 1st overall team in the standings got the 1st overall pick? It would make the regular season more interesting, that's for sure. I believe teams, like the Wings, should be rewarded for being successful not punished. Eliminate the tanking and reward winning. Just an idea. I know it will never happen.

I don't like teams tanking to get high picks. The Caps did it to get Ovechkin and the Pens tanked to get Malkin and Crosby. What if the NHL changed it so the 1st overall team in the standings got the 1st overall pick? It would make the regular season more interesting, that's for sure. I believe teams, like the Wings, should be rewarded for being successful not punished. Eliminate the tanking and reward winning. Just an idea. I know it will never happen.

That is why the implemented the draft lottery; However it doesn't always work out the best. Since I dislike basketball I am not 100% on this but I thought there lottery was all non-playoff teams, making it harder odds to guarantee that number one pick. NHL's is the worst 5, its not too hard to get the best pick, let alone a top five pick.

I hate it just as much as you do, but the obvious reason why the top picks don't go to the top teams each year:

96Ugr.png

Guest Johnz96

If Holmstrom isn't resigned the difference in average age between the Wild and the Wings is less than half a year.

Wild 27,2

Wings 27.6

Also in Hockey's Future's rankings of prospects the Wings are rated #15, the Wild #17.

Anything else you want to make up to support your argument?

Wings' prospects are alway underrated because of where they were drafted, even when we had Datsyuk, Zetterberg and Kronwall coming up we weren't ranked any higher. I think this is definitely the best group of prospects that we have since then

They didn't tank. They were just bad. And Crosby was drafted by a pick that all 30 teams had an equal chance to get.

Point is: The draft is the best way for teams to rebuild. Argue about the salary cap causing false parity all you want, but it would be ridiculous to think the league would be better off by giving lottery picks to the top teams in the league. Those teams are already rewarded by, you know, winning and having success.

Every non-playoff team should have the same number of balls in the draft lottery drawer to get the 1st through 14th picks. And all the playoff teams should have a draft lottery the day after the cup is won for 16-30 with equal chance to get it. I like the Oilers, but 3 years in a row...same with Chicago loading up and of course the worst of them all, the s***birds. I'd like to see equal opportunity and have the team that just missed the playoffs by a point or 2 get the first pick and get in there the following year and have the crap team that finishes last get stuck outside the top 10. then maybe they'll actually show up for the last 15 games of the season...

They didn't tank. They were just bad. And Crosby was drafted by a pick that all 30 teams had an equal chance to get.

Point is: The draft is the best way for teams to rebuild. Argue about the salary cap causing false parity all you want, but it would be ridiculous to think the league would be better off by giving lottery picks to the top teams in the league. Those teams are already rewarded by, you know, winning and having success.

That's not technically true, the Sabres, Blue Jackets, Penguins and Rangers each had a 1 in 10 shot at the top pick, the Ducks, Thrashers, Flames, Hurricanes, Blackhawks, Oilers, KIngs, Wild, Predators, and Coyotes had a 1 in 15 chance. The rest of the league had a 1 in 30 shot.

Guest Johnz96

That's not technically true, the Sabres, Blue Jackets, Penguins and Rangers each had a 1 in 10 shot at the top pick, the Ducks, Thrashers, Flames, Hurricanes, Blackhawks, Oilers, KIngs, Wild, Predators, and Coyotes had a 1 in 15 chance. The rest of the league had a 1 in 30 shot.

That's not technically true. A team can only move up a maximun of 5 (I think) spots, so only the worst 6 actually have a chance of landing the #1 overall

not in 2005, it was a unique year because of the lockout the year before. Every team had a shot at the #1 pick, but not an equal one.

Teams were assigned 1 to 3 balls based on their playoff appearances and first overall draft picks from the past three years. According to the draft order, the selection worked its way up to 30 as usual; then instead of repeating the order as in past years, the draft "snaked" back down to the team with the first pick. Therefore the team with the first pick overall would not pick again until the 60th pick. The team with the 30th pick would also get the 31st pick.

You're correct about the rules for the lottery going forward though.

Edited by FlashyG

If Holmstrom isn't resigned the difference in average age between the Wild and the Wings is less than half a year.

Wild 27,2

Wings 27.6

Also in Hockey's Future's rankings of prospects the Wings are rated #15, the Wild #17.

Anything else you want to make up to support your argument?

http://www.quanthockey.com/TS/TS_AverageAge.php

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/articles/72103/hockeys-future-organizational-rankings-spring-2012-1-10/

Anything else YOU want to make up? Good morning, good afternoon and good night.

Go back to NHL 13 then. This is real life. You don't just "retool" and "reload" like it's nothing in real life. You think Detroit management ever thought Datsyuk and Zetterberg would end up being the stars they are? You're fooling yourself if you think the answer is yes. Without any stars waiting to crack the NHL roster you can be assured that the future in Detroit is VERY uncertain.

Go back to NHL 13 then. This is real life. You don't just "retool" and "reload" like it's nothing in real life. You think Detroit management ever thought Datsyuk and Zetterberg would end up being the stars they are? You're fooling yourself if you think the answer is yes. Without any stars waiting to crack the NHL roster you can be assured that the future in Detroit is VERY uncertain.

I tire of trying to reason with you. You say that a team's history doesn't matter, fine, we'll leave history out of it. We give you examples of the current success of our team next to the lack luster performance of the wild, and that doesn't matter because we're old. Then the wild's prospects are so much better than the Red Wings and because the Wild's prospects are so ready for the NHL and are future super stars while ours just plain suck. Your entire argument is just one slippery slope fallacy after another. The past isn't giving you the answer you want, and the present certainly didn't give you what you were looking for, so now the future is very uncertain in Detroit? the future is uncertain everywhere. sure, Parise might go to the Wild, or he might go to Detroit, He might even sign in the KHL for eleventy billion dollars. The future success of the Wild is just as uncertain as the downfall of the Red Wings. So you can keep having this, "me against the internet" thing you've got going on, or you can just have a regular conversation with the rest of us.

http://www.quanthock..._AverageAge.php

http://www.hockeysfu...ring-2012-1-10/

That average age is counting Lidstrom, Stuart and Holmstrom, if you drop them the Wings are one of the younger teams in the league as I said before.

Apparently the Wild were ranked ahead in the mid-season rankings (they were behind at the start of the season) but the point is that the difference between their prospect ranking and average age are slim and one of the teams finished in the top 10 of the league the other in the bottom 10.

You can point out Minnesota was leading the league for a few weeks at the beginning of the season all you want, The Wings held top spot for even longer and had to deal with the same injury problems but to better players.

Even after losing 2 of our top 6 defenceman, the Wings still have a better defence corp, their forwards are far superior to Minnesota's too. The only place the Wild have an edge on the Wings is at the back-up goalie position and the Wings have more cap space going forward as well

Can't believe people are suggesting tanking, why did this work for Pittsburgh? They've won af****** lottery to pick the best player in the world I am not a hockey scout but even I could and everyone else could have done that. Go to the podium "we are proud to select Sidney Crosby".....

For years we now have been hearing how team X will be on the rise because of all their tanked top picks turning pro, despite Pittsburgh and to a lesser extent Chicago it didn't turn out so well?

We are a an original 6 franchise, known and famous for the dedication to win not tanking.

If I were an UFA and could choose between 5 million at the Wings and 7 at the Wild I wouldn't even think twice about it.

back to topic:

With the league taking over and Brodeur closer to retirement after this year I like our chances of landing Parise.

How about this rumor - from Eurolanche.com (whatever happened to the divealanche website?)

Zach Parise will be definitely the best available free agent on the market from 1st July. It is not likely the New Jersey Devils would find money for his huge contract. Then there are spreading bigger and bigger rumors about his next team. Members of the official forum of the Avalanche wrote “guaranteed” and “reliable” rumors which we have to report to you.

1. New Jersey should traded rights on Parise to Dallas Stars, but he refused it and the deal was canceled.

2. Parise has agreed with the Avs. New Jersey traded his rights there and acquired Jean-Sebastien Giguere, Chuck Kobasew, 2nd round in draft 2012 and 1st round in the next year.

3. Avs should receive also rights on the goalie Johan Hedberg. Parise would join the Avs mainly because of his good friendships with Paul Stastny and Erik Johnson.

4. Parise should verbally agreed on 7 year deal for 49 mil with the Avs.

Do not forget that the receiving the rights does not have to mean anything. If Parise would decide to not sign with the Avs, our team would lose two players and two drafts for nothing. But it looks like Parise have already agreed on the deal and then the Avalanche avoided the possible fail.

This all is one big rumor. For now, it looks different than previous rumors, but we simple could not believe it and wait on the official reports. But we would like to hear your opinions. Do you like this rumor? Do you prefer it? Would you be happy, if it will be done? Write us your opinions under this article in the discussion!

I tire of trying to reason with you. You say that a team's history doesn't matter, fine, we'll leave history out of it. We give you examples of the current success of our team next to the lack luster performance of the wild, and that doesn't matter because we're old. Then the wild's prospects are so much better than the Red Wings and because the Wild's prospects are so ready for the NHL and are future super stars while ours just plain suck. Your entire argument is just one slippery slope fallacy after another. The past isn't giving you the answer you want, and the present certainly didn't give you what you were looking for, so now the future is very uncertain in Detroit? the future is uncertain everywhere. sure, Parise might go to the Wild, or he might go to Detroit, He might even sign in the KHL for eleventy billion dollars. The future success of the Wild is just as uncertain as the downfall of the Red Wings. So you can keep having this, "me against the internet" thing you've got going on, or you can just have a regular conversation with the rest of us.

...which is exactly why i did not reply to him. he tells me to go back to NHL13 and completely misses the valid point i made in which the Wings have won the most cups in the last 22 years. I hope Granlund goes to the KHL and Coyle requests a trade. Or i guess the Wild's prospects futures are pretty certain.

http://www.quanthock..._AverageAge.php

http://www.hockeysfu...ring-2012-1-10/

How's the reading bro? You're replying to someone who mentions how not re-signing Holmstrom will impact the average age of the Wings roster and using the 11-12 roster with Stuart, Holmstrom and Lidstrom to make your argument... as if any of those three would be part of the average age Flashy's talking about.

...which is exactly why i did not reply to him. he tells me to go back to NHL13 and completely misses the valid point i made in which the Wings have won the most cups in the last 22 years. I hope Granlund goes to the KHL and Coyle requests a trade. Or i guess the Wild's prospects futures are pretty certain.

The Wild are the hottest thing in the league right now. If Edmonton is teaching us anything right now it's that having a handful of elite young prospects will turn your franchise right around!