• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
centcougar07

Zach Parise

Rate this topic

The Wild are the hottest thing in the league right now. If Edmonton is teaching us anything right now it's that having a handful of elite young prospects will turn your franchise right around!

lol...they're a booming success with their 3rd straight lottery win. How come the Wild fan ran away when we all started dumping on him? At least defend yourself so we can enjoy dumping on ya more...

Fact of the matter is, and Drake, you've said this before i believe, no pick is a sure thing until they're a regular with the big club playing regular minutes. Look at the weird s*** that can happen. Anyone remember Igor Grigorenko? There's an example of just ours, but there's lots out there. Even the Sedin sisters took 5-6 years to break out.

Edmonton is also terrible and hasn't turned the franchise around yet and still haven't come close to making the playoffs... When it comes time to sign new contracts some of those guys will be leaving

Edmonton is a joke. It is going to take many years for them to turnaround. I would be stunned to see any of prospects stay when their rookie contracts are up.

Oh....Grigorenko...what could have been...still follow his career today. Just wish it were in Detroit.

yup. He would look nice on a line with Dats. He had the skill and definitely had the speed before his accident. let's hope Jurco pans out cause he's got skill. This team could be so badass if Parise and Brunner both sign here July 1 along with Suter on D.

The thing with having all these young draft stars is that you have what, three years to compete for the Cup? After that their contracts expire and you are guaranteed to lose some of them if they all turn out to be stars.

The thing with having all these young draft stars is that you have what, three years to compete for the Cup? After that their contracts expire and you are guaranteed to lose some of them if they all turn out to be stars.

That is unless they're one of those vaunted Minnesota Wild prospects. They would be insane to leave that organ-i-zation with all of the world class young talent they have ready to hit the bigs, right? Right? :tease:

I keep seeing articles popping up about how Pittsburg is now in the race for both Suter and Parise since they are clearing cap space to make some moves... if they get one or both of these guys and Holland doesn't get either omg I'm gunna have to lock my self away for a few weeks and forget about this summer ever happened.

Edited by fixxxer

I keep seeing articles popping up about how Pittsburg is now in the race for both Suter and Parise since they are clearing cap space to make some moves... if they get one or both of these guys and Holland doesn't get either omg I'm gunna have to lock my self away for a few weeks and forget about this summer ever happened.

Suter doesn't want to play in the East (or so we've all been led to believe). Parise, he may very well sign with the Pens - but I highly doubt it. I think we have a better shot at landing him.

But yeah, if the Pens get either and we get neither...riots in the streets.

I would keep hanging on after that intill kenny did nothing up to training camp. Then i would go outside and scream really loud because this sir would be a F****** long season. But seroiusly he will get it done:)

I wouldn't be surprised if Parise ended up in Pitt. He would likely be on a line with either Malkin or Crosby and I could see that being very enticing to a guy who didn't exactly have world-class centremen in NJ. I'm still hoping the Wings can sign Parise but it won't be the end of the world if they don't. Might just have to be patient, as hard as that is, and wait until next offseason when the UFA class will be much larger with better options.

Suter doesn't want to play in the East (or so we've all been led to believe). Parise, he may very well sign with the Pens - but I highly doubt it. I think we have a better shot at landing him.

But yeah, if the Pens get either and we get neither...riots in the streets.

How do you figure? I'm extremely discouraged by this cap clearing stuff Pittsburgh is up to. Datsyuk and Zetterberg will be 34 and 32 this season. Crosby and Malkin will be 25 and 26 are a better pair of players comparing them as pairs. Crosby and Parise are friends, from his perspective it seems like a no brainer considering the length of time you're virtually guaranteed to be a contender.

Now if the Penguins move Martin's $5m and you're Ryan Suter and you see that team with Parise and an opening to play with Letang on D.... argh, this is just the worst.

Hopefully it's all good news on July 1st but I'm certainly discouraged.

How do you figure? I'm extremely discouraged by this cap clearing stuff Pittsburgh is up to. Datsyuk and Zetterberg will be 34 and 32 this season. Crosby and Malkin will be 25 and 26 are a better pair of players comparing them as pairs. Crosby and Parise are friends, from his perspective it seems like a no brainer considering the length of time you're virtually guaranteed to be a contender.

I don't know if its a good idea to be committing yourself to two more big long term deals and pressing right up against the cap when Crosby and Malkin's contracts are going to need extensions over the next couple years, not to mention they have a bunch of guys unsigned after next year.

For the same money most players would chose to go to Pittsburgh over Detroit, Pittsburgh is younger and they have Malkin and Crosby, the future doesn't look so good for Detroit.

According to the player polls on where they'd rather play that's not true.

Admittedly that's a very small sample size, but I've never seen the Pens ranked higher than the Wings in any of the polls that have been done.

Also the Penguins may have freed up some space but they still have roughly 10 million less than the Wings and they have almost all of their best players looking for raises over the next 2 or 3 years. That will hurt their ability to offer long term deals without them taking some kind of discount to play there.

I'm not saying the Wings are the favorite to land both the prime FA's this summer but in Suter's case especially I think the Wings are in better position than Pittsburgh. Parise might be a different story though.

Didnt read the 7 pages of this thread, but I live in MN and they've been all over Parise all year. A lot of people even feel it's more likely than not he signs here (and if that happens, Suter too). I can't see it. Hometown connection is nice and all but this guy was two games away from the Cup. The Wild are stockpiling young talent, but they're still years away. Parise has to commit to a franchise for probably 8 or 10 years in this deal - he needs certainty that things are run well, plus the chance to compete in his prime.

For the same money most players would chose to go to Pittsburgh over Detroit, Pittsburgh is younger and they have Malkin and Crosby, the future doesn't look so good for Detroit.

I thought the salary cap was created for parity? This is becoming a parody.

Parise, Crosby, Malkin, Suter, Letang,

That’s not right.

The thing is guys... that the rest of the team (Pittsburgh) suffers for the next 10-15 years. As we have begun to see over the past few years, cup-winners are well-balanced. Even if Pits signs both to long-term deals, that means their bottom six and bottom defence will be 500k cap-hit newbies. Balanced teams will continue to win I believe, so it just doesn't make sense if I'm Parise and Suter. They can only play the top two lines so much. With 14 mil in space, Pitts literally has zero cash for re-ups of current players like Letang (who is clearly worth more than what he's being paid now) and has zero cash for elite grinders (like our 2mil a year Helm signing). The only way I see them getting both is if they dump Martin somehow. Otherwise I see this purely as a pitch to either Parise or Suter and not both. I honestly don't believe Shero is that greedy and stupid to go after both.

P.S. does it factor in at all that Pittsburgh's team of kids is exactly that? KIDS? We all saw how childish and ridiculous they looked in the first round against equally childish Philly. That stains their reputation. The wings are known as a CLASS ACT organization regardless of how many years are between Datsyuk and Crosby. Parise and Suter seem like the type of guys who want class, not a talented circus.

The thing is guys... that the rest of the team (Pittsburgh) suffers for the next 10-15 years. As we have begun to see over the past few years, cup-winners are well-balanced. Even if Pits signs both to long-term deals, that means their bottom six and bottom defence will be 500k cap-hit newbies. Balanced teams will continue to win I believe, so it just doesn't make sense if I'm Parise and Suter. They can only play the top two lines so much. With 14 mil in space, Pitts literally has zero cash for re-ups of current players like Letang (who is clearly worth more than what he's being paid now) and has zero cash for elite grinders (like our 2mil a year Helm signing). The only way I see them getting both is if they dump Martin somehow. Otherwise I see this purely as a pitch to either Parise or Suter and not both. I honestly don't believe Shero is that greedy and stupid to go after both.

P.S. does it factor in at all that Pittsburgh's team of kids is exactly that? KIDS? We all saw how childish and ridiculous they looked in the first round against equally childish Philly. That stains their reputation. The wings are known as a CLASS ACT organization regardless of how many years are between Datsyuk and Crosby. Parise and Suter seem like the type of guys who want class, not a talented circus.

Well said. I'd rather be on a team that worries about hockey and not the other bulls***. The amount of talent the Penguins have went right out the window in the 1st round aside from guys like Staal, and he's gone now. Even James Neal was playing like a huge **** with an attitude problem.

Guest Hatethedrake!

We didn't really think there would be no major competition for Suter and Parise did we? All Kenny can do is make very good offers. It comes down to which teams they want to sign with. Teams like Minny will be offering the league max but it doesn't mean Suter and Parise will sign there. I still think the Wings are the favourites for both players.