• Please log in to reply
166 replies to this topic

#101 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 12:50 PM

The Wild are the hottest thing in the league right now. If Edmonton is teaching us anything right now it's that having a handful of elite young prospects will turn your franchise right around!

lol...they're a booming success with their 3rd straight lottery win. How come the Wild fan ran away when we all started dumping on him? At least defend yourself so we can enjoy dumping on ya more...

Fact of the matter is, and Drake, you've said this before i believe, no pick is a sure thing until they're a regular with the big club playing regular minutes. Look at the weird s*** that can happen. Anyone remember Igor Grigorenko? There's an example of just ours, but there's lots out there. Even the Sedin sisters took 5-6 years to break out.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#102 Zata fan 40

Zata fan 40

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 01:28 PM

Oh....Grigorenko...what could have been...still follow his career today. Just wish it were in Detroit.
c:\documentsandsettings\amy\mydocuments\homefortheholidays

#103 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,616 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 03:12 PM

Edmonton is also terrible and hasn't turned the franchise around yet and still haven't come close to making the playoffs... When it comes time to sign new contracts some of those guys will be leaving

#104 IllinoisRedWingsFan

IllinoisRedWingsFan

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 08:31 PM

Edmonton is also terrible and hasn't turned the franchise around yet and still haven't come close to making the playoffs... When it comes time to sign new contracts some of those guys will be leaving

Edmonton is a joke. It is going to take many years for them to turnaround. I would be stunned to see any of prospects stay when their rookie contracts are up.

#105 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 10:30 PM

Oh....Grigorenko...what could have been...still follow his career today. Just wish it were in Detroit.

yup. He would look nice on a line with Dats. He had the skill and definitely had the speed before his accident. let's hope Jurco pans out cause he's got skill. This team could be so badass if Parise and Brunner both sign here July 1 along with Suter on D.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#106 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,611 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 10:41 AM

The thing with having all these young draft stars is that you have what, three years to compete for the Cup? After that their contracts expire and you are guaranteed to lose some of them if they all turn out to be stars.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#107 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

Hall-of-Famer

• HoF Booster
  • 2,002 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 10:23 PM

The thing with having all these young draft stars is that you have what, three years to compete for the Cup? After that their contracts expire and you are guaranteed to lose some of them if they all turn out to be stars.

That is unless they're one of those vaunted Minnesota Wild prospects. They would be insane to leave that organ-i-zation with all of the world class young talent they have ready to hit the bigs, right? Right? :tease:

#108 fixxxer

fixxxer

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 601 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 12:49 PM

I keep seeing articles popping up about how Pittsburg is now in the race for both Suter and Parise since they are clearing cap space to make some moves... if they get one or both of these guys and Holland doesn't get either omg I'm gunna have to lock my self away for a few weeks and forget about this summer ever happened.

Edited by fixxxer, 24 June 2012 - 12:50 PM.

#109 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,195 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 01:03 PM

I keep seeing articles popping up about how Pittsburg is now in the race for both Suter and Parise since they are clearing cap space to make some moves... if they get one or both of these guys and Holland doesn't get either omg I'm gunna have to lock my self away for a few weeks and forget about this summer ever happened.

Suter doesn't want to play in the East (or so we've all been led to believe). Parise, he may very well sign with the Pens - but I highly doubt it. I think we have a better shot at landing him.

But yeah, if the Pens get either and we get neither...riots in the streets.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#110 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,195 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 01:45 PM

Now I'm hearing the stuff about Suter (list of teams, no East) is not true...? meh

Don't Toews me, bro!

#111 ozone923

ozone923

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 01:48 PM

Now I'm hearing the stuff about Suter (list of teams, no East) is not true...? meh

source?

#112 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,195 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 01:55 PM

source?

Curse you, Dominator.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#113 Hey man nice shot!

Hey man nice shot!

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 02:53 PM

I would keep hanging on after that intill kenny did nothing up to training camp. Then i would go outside and scream really loud because this sir would be a F****** long season. But seroiusly he will get it done:)

#114 Wings_Toledo

Wings_Toledo

Seeing Red

• PipPipPipPip
  • 810 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 03:01 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if Parise ended up in Pitt. He would likely be on a line with either Malkin or Crosby and I could see that being very enticing to a guy who didn't exactly have world-class centremen in NJ. I'm still hoping the Wings can sign Parise but it won't be the end of the world if they don't. Might just have to be patient, as hard as that is, and wait until next offseason when the UFA class will be much larger with better options.

#115 T-Ruff

T-Ruff

BAMF

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 03:13 PM

Suter doesn't want to play in the East (or so we've all been led to believe). Parise, he may very well sign with the Pens - but I highly doubt it. I think we have a better shot at landing him.

But yeah, if the Pens get either and we get neither...riots in the streets.

How do you figure? I'm extremely discouraged by this cap clearing stuff Pittsburgh is up to. Datsyuk and Zetterberg will be 34 and 32 this season. Crosby and Malkin will be 25 and 26 are a better pair of players comparing them as pairs. Crosby and Parise are friends, from his perspective it seems like a no brainer considering the length of time you're virtually guaranteed to be a contender.

Now if the Penguins move Martin's $5m and you're Ryan Suter and you see that team with Parise and an opening to play with Letang on D.... argh, this is just the worst.

Hopefully it's all good news on July 1st but I'm certainly discouraged.

#116 xtrememachine1

xtrememachine1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 04:11 PM

How do you figure? I'm extremely discouraged by this cap clearing stuff Pittsburgh is up to. Datsyuk and Zetterberg will be 34 and 32 this season. Crosby and Malkin will be 25 and 26 are a better pair of players comparing them as pairs. Crosby and Parise are friends, from his perspective it seems like a no brainer considering the length of time you're virtually guaranteed to be a contender.

I don't know if its a good idea to be committing yourself to two more big long term deals and pressing right up against the cap when Crosby and Malkin's contracts are going to need extensions over the next couple years, not to mention they have a bunch of guys unsigned after next year.

#117 wings1110

wings1110

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 04:41 PM

Why would someone want to sign with the wild under any circumstance?

#118 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,914 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 05:25 PM

If they both sign in pit, I wont be able to watch hockey anymore...guarantee buttman is behind this!

Bring Fedorov Home For A Day!

He Needs To Retire A Red Wing.

When Gordie Leaves Us, the NHL MUST Retire The #9.

#119 Ray1905

Ray1905

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 06:13 PM

For the same money most players would chose to go to Pittsburgh over Detroit, Pittsburgh is younger and they have Malkin and Crosby, the future doesn't look so good for Detroit.
Read less, more TV.

#120 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,483 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 07:08 PM

I thought the salary cap was created for parity? This is becoming a parody.

Parise, Crosby, Malkin, Suter, Letang,

That’s not right.
"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"