• Please log in to reply
166 replies to this topic

#141 centcougar07

centcougar07

Rookie

• Pip
  • 139 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 01:59 AM

No need to come at you anymore...you got the UFA's...yet you only quote stuff from June...where is the stuff quoting Parise when he said if it weren't for family he'd be back in NJ....sounds like he only chose minny for family... oh and right from Suter's lips he was going to pick Detroit but was talked into Minny by family and Boy George. Sounds like he only chose minny for family.

I cannot argue family ties...and if they both had family in Seattle, they'd be in Vancouver right now...you got them, congrats, but don't think you won because of the Wild's stellar history or future. Detroit, Pitt, Chicago, Philly are all better places to play if you want to win on a consistent basis. The Wild have a 3 year window to win now..if they don't, it will be rebuild again and then Suter will be kicking himself for listening to his in-laws and barney rubble... For you sake, I hope you get that Cup in that window...then you can happily and deservedly come in here and gloat...but gloating because the Wild just happen to be in St. Paul and you got these two by default, doesn't win you anything...except the fact that you did say long ago that you felt they would go home to play...but if they chose Detroit, we'd have been right, if they chose Pit, they would have been right...someone was going to be right and 29 other were going to be wrong...

Don't just pick and chose things to make yourself look smarter than what you are...be humble enough to admit, you only got them because of family, if it weren't for that, they wouldn't be there...they didn't pick you because you are their best chance to win consistently...so get over yourself. And no, I am not sour grapes, would've loved to have Suter, but cannot fight family ties...I feel good that he was coming here, but went with family...too bad choosing family will pretty much guarantee never winning a Cup.

1. Suter never said that. I challenge you to find that quote from him.
2. Apparently Parise and Suter don't agree with you! Sure, family was a big part of it. They both liked the idea of playing at home close to their family. At the end of the day, 2 premier players in the NHL decided to sign for the rest of their careers for less money they got from other offers and they didn't do so entirely because of family or money. They did it because they like the long term outlook of Minnesota starting now. It's not like these are 4 year deals where they aren't showing any commitment.
3. How do the Wild have a three year window? If anything, id say the window hasn't even opened yet. I think they are a playoff team but not a cup team right now. However, in a year or two, the Wild are going to be scary good. Mikael Granlund, Charlie Coyle, Jonas Brodin, Matt Dumba, Matt Hackett, Marco Scandella, all blue chip prospects. Then there's guys like Jason Zucker, Johan Larsson, Zach Phillips, Mario Lucia, Erik Haula, Brett Bulmer, Justin Fontaine, Tyler Cuma, Darcy Kuemper, Johan Gustaffson.... All these guys have very high potential and can at least be roll players in the NHL. Now there may be a few who never pan out, everybody knows that sometimes that happens. But there's no way that the Wild have a "3 year window to win". It's a safe bet to say anyone who says that is either ignorant, stupid or uneducated. Or, in your case, a desperate Wings fan trying his best to discount reality and put off the inevitable. I feel for you, I really do.
4. Yes, except I was the one who was right. And 'against all odds' according to pretty much everyone INCLUDING Wild fans.
5. Wrong again. You don't sign a 13 year contract with a full NMC because you think you can't win there.
6. Ha, well the Wild are a playoff team now, that's almost a given. And with how even the league is these days, all you have to do is get in to the playoffs and you can win it all. Not saying it will happen, not by a long shot, but they WILL be a playoff team, that's my next prediction. And once they get there, who knows what can happen. I personally hope we play the Red Wings because then we'll be guaranteed at LEAST one series victory. Kidding of course, but I DO hope we meet up in the playoffs.

#142 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,612 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 07:31 AM

Now he's reinvented himself, fresh start and all, starting with a new pronunciation of his surname. Kind of like "The Player Formerly Known As..."

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#143 Johnz96

Johnz96

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 07:41 AM

If Suter and Parise really wanted to win and the Cup was important to them they wouldn't milk their team for as much as they can because it just makes it harder for them to build and maintain a good team around them. Just another reason I am glad we didn't sign them.

#144 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 10:29 AM

Parise talk starts at about 28 but I was trying to give some perspective on the conversation by having people listen to a couple minutes of other hockey talk. I think it's bad news because here we have an expert with an in on the whole situation saying he would be shocked if he didn't end up with the Wild. The conversation also goes on at the 35:45 mark as well.

It's hilarious to look back and read some of the posts that this guy made when he was still pretending to be a Wings fan. Hahaha..

#145 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,456 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 10:50 AM

Is it bad that I truly hope that Minnesota misses the playoffs? :blushing:

Anything can happen, injuries to just plain lack of chemistry on a team of otherwise talented players... the BFFs are no guarantee of a Cup. Just sayin'...

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#146 Johnz96

Johnz96

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 01:53 PM

Anything can happen, injuries to just plain lack of chemistry on a team of otherwise talented players... the BFFs are no guarantee of a Cup. Just sayin'...

Their chances of winning a Cup during their contract would be much better if they signed for about $3 milion a year less than what they signed for between them which is about what they are worth. Their chances would be even greater than that had they signed for even less than what they are worth like Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Kronwall, Hossa...

Edited by Johnz96, 15 July 2012 - 01:54 PM.

#147 SUPERSTUD

SUPERSTUD

Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dumb - but who's who?

• Silver Booster
  • 450 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 09:17 PM

Wild + Parise will = buyer's remorse.

#148 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,624 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 09:20 PM

Argh! Stop bumping this thread! Parise + Wild + Suter = Epic Kronwalling.....

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#149 Johnz96

Johnz96

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 09:45 PM

They will probably never win a Cup and no guarantee of them making the playoffs next year, although I would like to see a city in the States that appreciates hockey as much as they do have some success

#150 hillbillywingsfan

hillbillywingsfan

Awww poor butch

• Gold Booster
  • 3,533 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 06:10 PM

Argh! Stop bumping this thread! Parise + Wild + Suter = Epic Kronwalling.....

Just for you buddy=)
[img]http://l.yimg.com/iu/api/res/1.2/bHxbm7SbXrCqNhvdVJvSIg--/YXBwaWQ9eXZpZGVvO2NoPTI4NTtjcj0xO2N3PTIyMDtkeD0xO2R5PTE7Zmk9dWxjcm9wO2g9Mjg1O3E9MTAwO3c9MjIw/http://l.yimg.com/j/assets/ipt/Nick-1-Suter.jpg[/img]

Edited by hillbillywingsfan, 16 July 2012 - 06:11 PM.

msg-10491-1258682020.jpg

I LIVE IN TEXAS SO I DON'T DESERVE HOCKEY

#151 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,086 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 09:22 PM

They will probably never win a Cup and no guarantee of them making the playoffs next year, although I would like to see a city in the States that appreciates hockey as much as they do have some success

They'll probably win the Cup this year.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#152 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,624 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 09:39 PM

They'll probably win the Cup this year.

You forgot the sarcasm tag....I will win the lottery before they win a Cup...

Just for you buddy=)
[img]http://l.yimg.com/iu/api/res/1.2/bHxbm7SbXrCqNhvdVJvSIg--/YXBwaWQ9eXZpZGVvO2NoPTI4NTtjcj0xO2N3PTIyMDtkeD0xO2R5PTE7Zmk9dWxjcm9wO2g9Mjg1O3E9MTAwO3c9MjIw/http://l.yimg.com/j/assets/ipt/Nick-1-Suter.jpg[/img]

I don't get it....

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#153 arag

arag

1st Line Sniper

• HoF Booster
  • 771 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 09:46 PM

Just remember that soon we will be glad Wings did not sign those two to such rediculous contracts. Iam happy now that Kenny did not land them in Detroit. Minnesota has 5 players alone earning 38 mil. Their team is doomed.

#154 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,086 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 09:53 PM

You forgot the sarcasm tag....I will win the lottery before they win a Cup...

No sarcasm. The way things go in this league today, "parity"-wise and such, I'm guessing the Wild bought themselves a Cup this summer (if not this season, then the next one, or one in the very near future).

Edited by Dabura, 16 July 2012 - 09:54 PM.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#155 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 10:34 PM

No sarcasm. The way things go in this league today, "parity"-wise and such, I'm guessing the Wild bought themselves a Cup this summer (if not this season, then the next one, or one in the very near future).

Right... because this is the NBA where adding two players to a team that can't even make the playoffs makes that team a championship calibre squad.
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#156 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 11:08 PM

f*** Zach Parise!

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#157 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,086 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 11:28 PM

Right... because this is the NBA where adding two players to a team that can't even make the playoffs makes that team a championship calibre squad.

I'm more mourning the fall of cosmic justice than saying, "Oh, sure, realistically, the Wild are the most obvious pick for this season's Cup champs."

Edited by Dabura, 16 July 2012 - 11:33 PM.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#158 Zetts

Zetts

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 09:13 PM

I'm right here bud, come at me! :colgate:

Everybody doubted that this would happen. Now all of a sudden the Wild's roster looks a LOT better than the Wings roster. I have to say, I told you so.

Going to be interesting to see how this year shakes down and how the Wings find answers for their many questions.

Looks like we're getting some perspective on this one, hey?

Obviously the Wings could still miss the playoffs.  But centcougar's post is just too funny right now. 

Edit: Sorry, I know it's probably not necessary to bump this.  But at the very least it should prove to people that landing the big UFA's isn't everything.  So many people thought that Minny was in such great shape.

Edited by Zetts, 26 April 2013 - 09:26 PM.

#159 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,018 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 09:44 PM

Whats funny is I was just telling my cousin about this post during the Wild game. Oh the irony.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#160 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 09:56 PM

I doubt he'll see this. He likely wont show his face around here for a while. (maybe the next time the prospect rankings are updated :) )

This thread probably shouldn't have been bumped until we clinch, but it's funny nonetheless

Good rule of thumb is always take an octopus everywhere. Better to have one and not need it than find yourself thinking, "Damn, I wish I had that octopus".

-Buppy