• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Johnz96

Chris Stewart

Rate this topic

Guest Johnz96

I think Stewart is a guy that can score more than 30 goals again playing with Datsyuk and/or Z playing a Holmstrom type role he is young, is a right-handed shot, has a great shot, is bigger and faster than Homer, I wouldn't say tougher but he can sure throw them where Homer couldn't. he is exactly the type of player we need and could be fairly reasonable in a trade and a reasonable cap hit and could make a bigger impact for us than Parise.

He is a RFA. Listed as 6-2/228 and only 24 years old. has scored 25+ goals in the past. Would the Blues move him to a division rival? My guess would be no. But yes, he is a guy like Folingo that we should be talking about. Could very easily be a guy that play 10+ years for us while adding 25 goals per year.

In fact think of that as a 3rd line: Folingo-Abby-Stewart. Me likey a lot!

Edited by Richdg

He's not better than Parise. Besides, Parise is much, much better defensively and actually works hard night in, night out. And we'd still have to give up assets to get Stewart. The Blues would probably charge us a higher price anyways.

My last complaint is that I don't get the pun. Maybe if you said Stewart was a dark horse on the trade market? ;)

I agree. He shouldn't be too expensive either.

Why wouldn't he be expensive? If he is able to keep up 30 goal production than there is no way the Blues part with him cheaply, especially to the Wings.

Guest Johnz96

He is a RFA. Listed as 6-2/228 and only 24 years old. has scored 25+ goals in the past. Would the Blues move him to a division rival? My guess would be no. But yes, he is a guy like Folingo that we should be talking about. Could very easily be a guy that play 10+ years for us while adding 25 goals per year.

In fact think of that as a 3rd line: Folingo-Abby-Stewart. Me likey a lot!

He scored 28 in 62 games (a 37 goal pace over 82 gqmes) when he was Smith's age, he could be a 40 goal scorer waiting to break out.

Make it worth it for the Blues, give them Goose (I know it sucks but you gotta give to get) and a pick, or something like that (Fil?) maybe ask for the rights to Jackman as well. he is exactly the type of guy we need

He's not better than Parise. Besides, Parise is much, much better defensively and actually works hard night in, night out. And we'd still have to give up assets to get Stewart. The Blues would probably charge us a higher price anyways.

My last complaint is that I don't get the pun. Maybe if you said Stewart was a dark horse on the trade market? ;)

Stewart is also physically bigger (something the Wings need) more impactful when he hits or punches than Parise

Edited by Johnz96

Guest Johnz96

Why wouldn't he be expensive? If he is able to keep up 30 goal production than there is no way the Blues part with him cheaply, especially to the Wings.

He would be cheaper now than this time last year because last year he was coming off of a 28 goal in 62 games season, this year he only scored 15 and he is a disgruntled RFA now , it was mentioned on TSN some time ago that he wasn't happy there.

Kenny and other respectable GM's don't chase RFA's so this won't happen.

Plus it's the Blues...They'd do everything in their power to keep him away from us.

I am talking about a trade make it worth it for the Blues, he is exactly the type of player we need up front

Edited by Johnz96

Guest Johnz96

I'll say it again, It's the Blues...They'd want more than he's worth from us. Detroit isn't interested in overpaying.

What I have been trying to say at the moment he is worth less than his potential and because he is precisely what we need, he is worth the cost in a trade but at the same time would still be a bargain against the cap enabling us more freedom to make other moves now or in the near future

I'll say it again, It's the Blues...They'd want more than he's worth from us. Detroit isn't interested in overpaying.

What I have been trying to say at the moment he is worth less than his potential and because he is precisely what we need, he is worth the cost in a trade but at the same time would still be a bargain against the cap enabling us more freedom to make other moves now or in the near future

Simply put, no.

This guy has never really gained my attention or done anything that makes me want him in the winged wheel. Would he help us? Sure! But I just, I don't know, don't really care for him. Plus like stated above the Blues are on the rise and they wouldn't let Detroit nab him. Again RFA = Most likely not going to happen.

Guest Johnz96

Simply put, no.

This guy has never really gained my attention or done anything that makes me want him in the winged wheel. Would he help us? Sure! But I just, I don't know, don't really care for him. Plus like stated above the Blues are on the rise and they wouldn't let Detroit nab him. Again RFA = Most likely not going to happen.

He scored 28 goals in 62 games (37 goal pace over an 82 game schedule) at Smith's age, he young, is big, tough and mean, fast, great shot, perfect in a Holmstro type role but could do so much more because of much better skating and greater strength, a RFA that is disgruntled (affected his production) about his role on the team. I thin he could be a 40 goal scorer playing with Datsyuk and or Zettrberg and he could step up for them and Howard when they're getting abused

I thought you like guys that can fight,

Just not young ones with 40 goal potential?

Edited by Johnz96

Guest Johnz96

After Jones got 4 mill a year as the reward for scoring 37pts this year I can't really agree with you there.

Yeah but Stewart only scored 30 points this year, he was disgruntled with his role the and has the potential (he scored 28 goals in 62 games split with the Avs and the Blues (a 37 goal pace) the year before) of scoring 40 goals on a team like the Wings but because of his producton this year should be a bargain on a contract

Guest Johnz96

Simply put, no.

Youtube is full of beauties by him as well as some good fights.

I think some people are hating on him because it was a Wing he beat up in the clip I posted at the top and that was a good legal hit by Stuart, he is exactly the type of player we need up front in every way, young, big, physical mean, fast skilled great right-handed shot,sniper, net presence, bargain contract (for somebody that would probably score at half a goal per game clip)

Edited by Johnz96

Youtube is full of beauties by him as well as some good fights.

I think some people are hating on him because it was a Wing he beat up in the clip I posted at the top and that was a good legal hit by Stuart, he is exactly the type of player we need up front in every way, young, big, physical mean, fast skilled great right-handed shot,sniper, net presence, bargain contract (for somebody that would probably score at half a goal per game clip)

In my opinion he is a punk/goon type more so then a hard working physical player. From what I've seen of him he seems like he has a sucky attitde too. isn't that why the Av's shipped him out in the first place?

Guest Johnz96

In my opinion he is a punk/goon type more so then a hard working physical player. From what I've seen of him he seems like he has a sucky attitde too. isn't that why the Av's shipped him out in the first place?

I don't know about that. He is young, hopefully he grows up if that's a problem hopefully Datsyuk and Lidstrom and the Wings organization can set a good example for him but the guy's young tough and got 40 goal potential and is going to be more affordable now to acquire than he ever will be.

I'd be surprised if Kenny and the rest of the Wings brass has given even one thought towards trying to acquire Stewart. That's not to say that they wouldn't love having a gritty, scoring forward on the roster. It's simply a cost/benefit issue. Because either way you slice it, they'd have to give up something in return to get him here (be it draft picks for an RFA Offer Sheet, or picks/prospects/players for a trade). Whereas Parise can be brought here for nothing more than his annual salary, or maybe a mid-to-late draft pick if we trade for his rights.

Plus, as others have mentioned, there's very little chance that he would get traded to an in-division rival. If the Blues are going to trade him, it makes much more sense for them to trade him outside the division/conference. That way, they get better through the trade, while the rest of the division remains unchanged, as opposed to both teams in the division getting better.

I think some people are hating on him because it was a Wing he beat up in the clip I posted at the top and that was a good legal hit by Stuart...

You sure it's not because of this?

People have forgotten about 16/11/2011? Interesting.

Not me. See above.

Guest Kronstantinov

I don't know about that. He is young, hopefully he grows up if that's a problem hopefully Datsyuk and Lidstrom and the Wings organization can set a good example for him but the guy's young tough and got 40 goal potential and is going to be more affordable now to acquire than he ever will be.

I think Stewart would be a perfect fit for the Wings if he doesn't have prima donna attitude issues like Crosby. If the Wings can get Pariise, they would have a lot of good skating, skilled finess type smaller players with Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Parise, Nyquist even with prospects they are stocked with such players like Tatar, Jarnkrok, and Pulkinnen so trading Filppula for Stewart would leave us enough cap space left to get an elite defenseman like Suter and bigger tougher bottom 6 forward that would leave us looking something like this. I don't think we would be able to afford to keep Hudler however.

Datsyuk-Parise-Stewart

Zetterberg-Franzen-Nyquist

Helm-Bertuzzi-Cleary

Miller-Abdelkader-Moen/Gaustad

with Eaves, Mursak and Emmerton fighting for time

Suter-Kronwall

Smith-White

Quincey-Ericsson

Kindl and Schultz as reserves

Howard-Mcdonald/free-agent

That would be a younger, deeper, bigger, tougher to play against line-up than the one we iced this year and still as skilled

Guest Johnz96

I didn't think that there was intent to injure on that play,, they were a distance from the boards when contact was initiated and it looked like he layed off on it, Kronwall slid into the boards after he was already down on the ice. I don't think it was that dirty and I don't think Stuart deserved to get beat up for a good hit but some dirt usually goes with the territory when you are talking about mean guys. We need a mean guy especially a young one with a right-handed shot who could score 40 goals for us

Edited by Johnz96