• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockey13Playa

2012-2013 Odds of winning the Stanley Cup

Rate this topic

With all the Suter and Parise talk getting a little bit out of control I figured I would throw this out there to mix it up a bit. Over on CBS Sports they posted a list of the odds for everyteam at winning the cup. You can click here for the complete list or just look at the quote below:

Pittsburgh Penguins 7/1

Los Angeles Kings 11/1

Chicago Blackhawks 12/1

Detroit Red Wings 12/1

New York Rangers 12/1

St. Louis Blues 12/1

Vancouver Canucks 12/1

Boston Bruins 14/1

Philadelphia Flyers 14/1

Nashville Predators 18/1

San Jose Sharks 22/1

Anaheim Ducks 25/1

Buffalo Sabres 25/1

Tampa Bay Lightning 25/1

Washington Capitals 25/1

New Jersey Devils 30/1

Florida Panthers 35/1

Toronto Maple Leafs 35/1

Colorado Avalanche 40/1

Dallas Stars 40/1

Ottawa Senators 40/1

Phoenix Coyotes 40/1

Winnipeg Jets 40/1

Calgary Flames 50/1

Carolina Hurricanes 50/1

Edmonton Oilers 60/1

Montreal Canadiens 60/1

Columbus Blue Jackets 75/1

Minnesota Wild 75/1

New York Islanders 75/1

Curious as to everyones thoughts. Argree? Disagree? If anyones up for it I would like to see some personal rankings, even its just the top 10. I will post mine after I mull it over some. I will say this though, I cannot believe Pittsburgh is number one. They should be in the top 10 but there are teams I think with better odds then them. Oh the love that people have for the Pens.

ESPN did something similar and ran a story about the five teams most likely to win it all next year. They went with Boston, Vancouver, Pittsburgh, The Rangers, and the Kings. I assume that being a sports writer during the off season would have to be a boring hell.

Was this list put out before or after Lids retired? Because being the fourth favorite to win the Cup even without LIdstrom in our lineup AND Brad Stuart gone, that is not too bad...if the Heavens open up and we land BOTH Parise AND Suter, I could see that #4 spot rising to #1 or at least #2...

Was this list put out before or after Lids retired? Because being the fourth favorite to win the Cup even without LIdstrom in our lineup AND Brad Stuart gone, that is not too bad...if the Heavens open up and we land BOTH Parise AND Suter, I could see that #4 spot rising to #1 or at least #2...

That's a good question. On the article itself it was published today but who knows when the actual list/odds were determined. But I agree if we land them we could jump. I would expect this list to change a bit by the time October comes. As of this exact day I am not sure who I would put at the 1-5 spot. It is so tough making a list like this.

Guest Heaten

If Parise sees this report then he won't sign with Wild or Devils. Lol

Edited by Heaten

With all the Suter and Parise talk getting a little bit out of control I figured I would throw this out there to mix it up a bit. Over on CBS Sports they posted a list of the odds for everyteam at winning the cup. You can click here for the complete list or just look at the quote below:

Curious as to everyones thoughts. Argree? Disagree? If anyones up for it I would like to see some personal rankings, even its just the top 10. I will post mine after I mull it over some. I will say this though, I cannot believe Pittsburgh is number one. They should be in the top 10 but there are teams I think with better odds then them. Oh the love that people have for the Pens.

I don't see why Pittsburgh has twice the odds any other team does, but I agree with Detroit being about on par with Chicago and the Rangers.

how can the devils be 30-1 when they just made it to the finals

It was a fluke. Nobody says New Jersey was the best team in the East this year.

Aren't oddsmakers guided by flash more than anything?

I'm not surprised that they chose the Pens. Years of tanking have allowed them to have both of the modern day versions of Gretzky (Crosby) and Mario Lemieux (Malkin), which seems to be pretty appealing to the media and oddsmakers.

Didn't Vegas say that the Tigers have a 4 or 5 to 1 odds to be the next winners of the World Series mostly because they had the MVP combo of Verlander/Cabrera and then added Fielder?

Most of my family was pretty surprised they made the odds that good for the Tigers.

Guest irishock

Realistically

Wings 16/1

Pens 16/1

SJ 16/1

Chicago 16/1

Vancouver 16/1

LA 16/1

NY 16/1

NJ 16/1

NSH 16/1

WSH 16/1

PHI 16/1

Boston 16/1

Blues 16/1

Tampa 16/1

Buffalo 16/1

Dallas 16/1

Today's NHL is a joke.

And as for the Penguins, where does their stock go when Jordan Staal joins his brother in Carolina and the Pens 3rd line loses their depth and teams go back to just beating down Crosby and Malkin and Pittsburgh is "normal" again?? Agree with the assessment too on the Wings blasting up to #1 if both Parise and Suter sign. I agree with the Kings being high too as they are Champs and have almost all their roster signed thru next season. Nashville will miss the playoffs next year.

I actually saw someone on Twitter (might have been Jesse Spector) saying the Penguins' first round was synonymous with Boston's epic fail the year before they won the Cup, basically saying that Pittsburgh would have a good shot to win the Cup next season.

Meanwhile, all I see is that the Penguins have gotten progressively worse each year since winning the Cup.

2009: Cup

2010: Lost in the 2nd round surrendering a 3-2 series lead to Montreal

2011: Lost in the 1st round surrendering a 3-1 series lead to Tampa Bay

2012: Lost in the 1st round (losing the first 3 games) giving up more goals in one round than the eventual Stanley Cup Champs would give up in four.

Yet all these bloggers continually drink the Kool-Aid and insist that Fleury is an elite goaltender. He's not.

I actually saw someone on Twitter (might have been Jesse Spector) saying the Penguins' first round was synonymous with Boston's epic fail the year before they won the Cup, basically saying that Pittsburgh would have a good shot to win the Cup next season.

Meanwhile, all I see is that the Penguins have gotten progressively worse each year since winning the Cup.

2009: Cup

2010: Lost in the 2nd round surrendering a 3-2 series lead to Montreal

2011: Lost in the 1st round surrendering a 3-1 series lead to Tampa Bay

2012: Lost in the 1st round (losing the first 3 games) giving up more goals in one round than the eventual Stanley Cup Champs would give up in four.

Yet all these bloggers continually drink the Kool-Aid and insist that Fleury is an elite goaltender. He's not.

Agreed. People seem to remember his highlight reel saves but forget all the backbreakingly soft goals he lets in. He's a good goalie, but way too inconsistent to be considered elite.

Agreed. People seem to remember his highlight reel saves but forget all the backbreakingly soft goals he lets in. He's a good goalie, but way too inconsistent to be considered elite.

There is just so much Penguin love outside of Detroit. I will say this, I don't hate the Pen's like some wings fans do. To me they are just "ehhh whatever". But they sure get over praised I will say that. I agree with you; Fleury is decent but he collapses from time to time. I think thats why they signed Vokoun. That right there shows that they aren't 1000000% confident in "THE FLOWER".