• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,154 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 10:47 AM

These odds are pointless before the start of free agency.

As this season has shown us, the odds are kinda pointless even a the start of the playoffs.

I'd be curious to know what the odds were for the Penguins and Kings to win the Cup when the playoffs began.

#22 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 11:02 AM

Was this list put out before or after Lids retired? Because being the fourth favorite to win the Cup even without LIdstrom in our lineup AND Brad Stuart gone, that is not too bad...if the Heavens open up and we land BOTH Parise AND Suter, I could see that #4 spot rising to #1 or at least #2...

And as for the Penguins, where does their stock go when Jordan Staal joins his brother in Carolina and the Pens 3rd line loses their depth and teams go back to just beating down Crosby and Malkin and Pittsburgh is "normal" again?? Agree with the assessment too on the Wings blasting up to #1 if both Parise and Suter sign. I agree with the Kings being high too as they are Champs and have almost all their roster signed thru next season. Nashville will miss the playoffs next year.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#23 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 01:44 PM

I actually saw someone on Twitter (might have been Jesse Spector) saying the Penguins' first round was synonymous with Boston's epic fail the year before they won the Cup, basically saying that Pittsburgh would have a good shot to win the Cup next season.

Meanwhile, all I see is that the Penguins have gotten progressively worse each year since winning the Cup.

2009: Cup
2010: Lost in the 2nd round surrendering a 3-2 series lead to Montreal
2011: Lost in the 1st round surrendering a 3-1 series lead to Tampa Bay
2012: Lost in the 1st round (losing the first 3 games) giving up more goals in one round than the eventual Stanley Cup Champs would give up in four.

Yet all these bloggers continually drink the Kool-Aid and insist that Fleury is an elite goaltender. He's not.

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#24 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,154 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 02:36 PM

I actually saw someone on Twitter (might have been Jesse Spector) saying the Penguins' first round was synonymous with Boston's epic fail the year before they won the Cup, basically saying that Pittsburgh would have a good shot to win the Cup next season.

Meanwhile, all I see is that the Penguins have gotten progressively worse each year since winning the Cup.

2009: Cup
2010: Lost in the 2nd round surrendering a 3-2 series lead to Montreal
2011: Lost in the 1st round surrendering a 3-1 series lead to Tampa Bay
2012: Lost in the 1st round (losing the first 3 games) giving up more goals in one round than the eventual Stanley Cup Champs would give up in four.

Yet all these bloggers continually drink the Kool-Aid and insist that Fleury is an elite goaltender. He's not.

Agreed. People seem to remember his highlight reel saves but forget all the backbreakingly soft goals he lets in. He's a good goalie, but way too inconsistent to be considered elite.

#25 Hockey13Playa

Hockey13Playa

Here's my card.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,414 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 08:15 PM

Agreed. People seem to remember his highlight reel saves but forget all the backbreakingly soft goals he lets in. He's a good goalie, but way too inconsistent to be considered elite.

There is just so much Penguin love outside of Detroit. I will say this, I don't hate the Pen's like some wings fans do. To me they are just "ehhh whatever". But they sure get over praised I will say that. I agree with you; Fleury is decent but he collapses from time to time. I think thats why they signed Vokoun. That right there shows that they aren't 1000000% confident in "THE FLOWER".

Posted Image

#26 Dimaline312000

Dimaline312000

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 08:56 PM

Pens make me Puke!!

#27 redwingfan19

redwingfan19

On a mission

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 09:22 PM

Kind of like our goalie? :ph34r:

Edited by redwingfan19, 14 June 2012 - 09:36 PM.

You may not like tough hockey, but it's winning hockey.

Mitch Callahan: 48GP, 6G, 3A, 9PTS,+/- -3, 103PIMS

14 Fighting Majors

#28 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 09:46 AM

Kind of like our goalie? :ph34r:

Howie was great last year before his injury an after he got back it just seemed like he couldn't get back into it as much.. He was still good but I think he just plays too much. We could really use a solid backup who we can trust to give Howie a break sometimes

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."