Photo
* - - - - 2 votes

Why isn't the Wild in hot water for their owner's comments?

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#41 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 11:58 AM

This is how the world continues to get worse. Just keep letting people get away with whatever they want.

It confounds me how much people are defeated about things that can be fixed. You know every single rape case is hearsay. Might as well not try with those.

You know what, every police investigation starts with hearsay. Hey, this guy has a motive let us go ask that person questions and look for hard evidence to build a case around. You know what, even though there is a credible source to follow, it is hearsay and we might as well not look into it.

No....It's very apparent you don't know what hearsay means

Thank you?

I do know what hearsay is, and I just am saying that there are cases where the only person investigated are done by the recounting of another person towards nothing more than "I heard him yell at him that he was going to kill him." Doesn't mean the person killed someone, just means you should most likely check where the accused was and if they have motive, an alibi, and if there is any actual proof anywhere.

I don't see how anyone can argue against that.

Why not just see if there is some way he can verify that the comments on radio were from a dinner that actually happened. There clearly is a motive to leaking through a friend to get that word out, so it just makes sense to check on an alibi or if there is any proof. Really, is a couple of phone calls to see if they went to dinner together too much to ask?

I might sound crazy, but I just think that there are so many times that things happen that are clearly wrong... and people just roll over and take it. I am sick of it, and no one ever wants to fight back.

Honestly, how crummy has things been getting in other aspects of life when people just say... what are you going to do?

It's called politics, and most of the time it's sleezy. The Wild have done some clever political maneuvering....They allowed a well trimmed rumor to leak in such a way that no legal action would ever stick....Smart? Yes... Dirty? Yes.... A big deal? No....No s*** Minnesota is interested in Parise... This leak wasn't even directed at Parise though. The leak was aimed at other GM's....They want this in the back of other GM's heads on July 1st so that they will think "Minny is just gonna out bid us no matter what so let's just focus all our attention on our #2 choice while other GM's waste their time in a losing bidding war with Minny"....Luckily Holland isn't stupid and he knows this is just mind games and politics. The Wild are not dumb either...They're not going to out bid any offer and give Parise a ridiculous contract, they just want others to think that they will.

#42 centcougar07

centcougar07

Rookie

• Pip
  • 139 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 07:24 PM

XCEL Energy Center was not selling out these last 2 seasons. FACT. Take a guess why?

Because the on ice product is s***. People in this state in a way care more about high school hockey and college hockey than the Wild. That's only because the Wild are awful.

Didn't they sellout for like 10 straight years?

#43 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,818 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 07:38 PM

"THEY" or "WE" you can come out of the closet now...

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Nestrasil, yes...Cleary....No!

Dump Q and K Now!

#44 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 09:50 PM

Judging by the games I went to and I'm sure you attended these last 2 seasons (I live in Mankato MN btw bro) Pretty sure these last two seasons they weren't selling out. Even the announcers on FSN Minnesota mentioned it.

UMAD?

Edited by St. Michael (the Red Wing), 19 June 2012 - 10:08 PM.

#45 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:01 PM

So they lost it last season as the longest sold out record so I was off by one season :P

http://bleacherrepor...20112012/page/7

Either way besides the Wild having a decent fan base. More people in this state care more about College and High School hockey than the Wild. As mentioned earlier.

#46 centcougar07

centcougar07

Rookie

• Pip
  • 139 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 01:18 AM

"THEY" or "WE" you can come out of the closet now...

Posted Image

Judging by the games I went to and I'm sure you attended these last 2 seasons (I live in Mankato MN btw bro) Pretty sure these last two seasons they weren't selling out. Even the announcers on FSN Minnesota mentioned it.

UMAD?

I live in Howell, MI. I just remember seeing crazy attendance numbers a couple years ago for a team that hasn't made the playoffs in 4 years.

#47 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 01:41 AM

Posted Image

is this you coming out? or should we continue to pretend your point of view matters?