• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockey13Playa

2012 Offseason Trades

Rate this topic

Since we have a thread used for offseason signings thought we might as well have one for all the trades that happen as well.

Looks like Tampa Bay acquired a goalie in Lindback from Nashville...

Here's the link.

The Tampa Bay Lightning may have solidified their situation in goal for the foreseeable future Friday when they acquired Anders Lindback from the Nashville Predators.

The Lightning sent a pair of 2012 second-round picks, a 2013 third-round pick and goaltender Sebastian Caron to the Predators in exchange for Lindback, forward Kyle Wilson and a 2012 seventh-round pick.

In his first full NHL season in 2011-12, Lindback played 16 games as Pekka Rinne's backup, going 5-8-0 with a 2.42 goals-against average and .912 save percentage.

The 6-foot-6, 203-pound goaltender was a seventh-round pick of the Predators in 2008. He'll replace Dwayne Roloson, last season's starter, who is an unrestricted free agent.

What I wonder is does that mean Lindback is most likely the new starter in Tampa? Or will they sign someone else to compete for the number one spot? From the article it looks like Roloson isn't going to be resigned and they traded Caron to the Preds.

What I wonder is does that mean Lindback is most likely the new starter in Tampa? Or will they sign someone else to compete for the number one spot? From the article it looks like Roloson isn't going to be resigned and they traded Caron to the Preds.

Tampa also signed 24 year old Finnish goalie Riku Helenius to 2 year one way contract the other day.

If I remember correctly its a 650 000$ cap hit.

Helenius won SM-liiga this season with JYP Jyväskylä.

He is Tampa bays 1st rnd pick (15. overall) from 2006.

I was wondering the same thing. That seems like a lot for Tampa Bay to give up for a goalie who won't start but maybe they sign another goalie for a year or two and have a competition with the thought that Lindback is their future.

I was wondering the same thing. That seems like a lot for Tampa Bay to give up for a goalie who won't start but maybe they sign another goalie for a year or two and have a competition with the thought that Lindback is their future.

I was doing a lot of research on this and I forget where I read it already to provide a link but one of the sites I read stated something about that no doubt Tampa plans to use him as their starter for the up coming season.

What was all the rage about Lindback, according to his stats, nothing too promising, certainly not proven to be able to start and take the majority of the work load.

This is all opinion, but I thought the kid looked real strong between the pipes playing for NSH this year. A lot of talent.....being 6'6" 200lbs doesnt hurt either lol.

Since we have a thread used for offseason signings thought we might as well have one for all the trades that happen as well.

Looks like Tampa Bay acquired a goalie in Lindback from Nashville...

Here's the link.

Good move for Stevie. This kid has shown tons of promise and potential. To be honest, if I was a GM of an NHL club and needed a goalie, I'd take a shot with Lindback too.