Photo
- - - - -

If we fail to reload with top UFAs we should?

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#61 Danielsm

Danielsm

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 09:05 PM

Didn't Mueller have concussion problems? His stock has gone way down the past 2 years. He was always high on potential but never seemed to show it consistently.

Exactly. Good potential and has had 3 straight poor years due to concussions. He seems to be back in form for this year so we could get him for a steal price. Our whole team is injury prone so he'll fit right in.

#62 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,914 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 09:12 PM

Ok, according to the 4th period, here are the list of UFA's that Detroit is reportedly interested in....I will leave out the obvious two:

Justin Schultz

Jaromir Jagr

Dennis Wideman

Jason Garrison

Travis Moen

Paul Gaustad

Kristian Huselius

Daniel Winnik

They mention Hudler too, but I really think Hudler will not be here...

...so not including Parise/Suter there are some folks they may be on the plan B radar...interesting they don't list the Wings interested in Semin...

Also I don't know if it means anything or if the logo's of the interested teams are just randomly placed, but the WIngs logo is listed first next to Suter/Parise/Hudler & Winnik... Interesting as well....

Edited by LeftWinger, 25 June 2012 - 09:14 PM.

Bring Fedorov Home For A Day!

He Needs To Retire A Red Wing.

When Gordie Leaves Us, the NHL MUST Retire The #9.

#63 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,914 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 11:43 PM

Honestly, if the Wings miss out on Parise, if they then opted for Semin and Jagr, it could be pretty good for the team too! It's not Parise, but it can be a patch until the next off season when the potential UFA's are a bit deeper...

BTW, anyone given any thought to Brendan Morrison? Could he perhaps have his fire relit being teamed up with Bertuzzi again? Just curios as to a lower level UFA possibility...also how about John Scott for a #7 d-man in place of Kindl?

Edited by LeftWinger, 26 June 2012 - 12:01 AM.

Bring Fedorov Home For A Day!

He Needs To Retire A Red Wing.

When Gordie Leaves Us, the NHL MUST Retire The #9.

#64 Hey man nice shot!

Hey man nice shot!

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:17 AM

Honestly, if the Wings miss out on Parise, if they then opted for Semin and Jagr, it could be pretty good for the team too! It's not Parise, but it can be a patch until the next off season when the potential UFA's are a bit deeper...

BTW, anyone given any thought to Brendan Morrison? Could he perhaps have his fire relit being teamed up with Bertuzzi again? Just curios as to a lower level UFA possibility...also how about John Scott for a #7 d-man in place of Kindl?

If there was room on the roster for john scott i would take his mammoth of a frame.

#65 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 07:31 AM

Morrison is not what we need and Scott can't take a regular shift without hurting the team. He was terrible for the Hawks last season. I don't want Jagr here. He's too old and we already have an ex superstar who is well past his prime in Bert. We need Parise. If not him than Semin is Plan B. I'd like both but it is unlikely. If no Parise then Kenny has to think trade. For who, I don't know. Columbus will not trade Nash to their arch rival Detroit. Ryan will cost too much. Lets just hope for Parise and then go from there. Honestly, I don't want to think about Plan C or D right now.
Jordan Tootoo will wreck shop.

We need someone like Parise that can penetrate the box.-blueadams

#66 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 09:06 PM

Ok, according to the 4th period, here are the list of UFA's that Detroit is reportedly interested in....I will leave out the obvious two:

Justin Schultz

Jaromir Jagr

Dennis Wideman

Jason Garrison

Travis Moen

Paul Gaustad

Kristian Huselius

Daniel Winnik

They mention Hudler too, but I really think Hudler will not be here...

...so not including Parise/Suter there are some folks they may be on the plan B radar...interesting they don't list the Wings interested in Semin...

Also I don't know if it means anything or if the logo's of the interested teams are just randomly placed, but the WIngs logo is listed first next to Suter/Parise/Hudler & Winnik... Interesting as well....

Do you think for even a second that Babcock would like Semin? Kenny probably put that into consideration after the last 3 years of crap and waiting for good pickups after the cup win. Good to see Garrison on the list. He's got a mean clapper, and unlike friendly giant Ericsson, he uses it.

Brendan Morrison = Danny Cleary. Not really what we need right now, unless Naslund signs too lol.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#67 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,195 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 06:42 AM

Huselius has "Ken Holland Reclamation Project" written all over him.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#68 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,394 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 06:52 AM

Jagr and Semin? Two floaters in one team Jagr has been a great player no doubt but seriously, he didn't do anything in the playoffs, let both join the KHL and go after some full heart guys.

I mentioned it in another thread how about Derek Roy?

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

<< Win it for Mr. Hockey !

#69 Bolfenk

Bolfenk

Draftee

• 1 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 06:42 PM

Roy makes sense if you reunite Datsyuk and Zetterberg on the first line. They have been used as centermen on separate lines since after the cup year. Besides Roy is more of a passer than a shooter and we need scorers.

#70 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,274 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 07:37 PM

Jesus no. Did you watch any of the Hawks last season? Brendan Morrison was TERRIBLE for them. Beyond terrible. He scored ZERO points for them, and that included a few games playing in their top 6 and on the PP.

John Scott is even worse, and is probably the single worst hockey player in the entire league. The enormity of his frame might seem tempting, but he isn't even a great fighter, literally cannot skate, and doesn't even play all that physical. He scored a grand total of TWO points (both assists) for the Blackhawks over 2 seasons.

I'd literally rather have Jason Williams and Brad May back over those two.
Posted Image

#71 IllinoisRedWingsFan

IllinoisRedWingsFan

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 10:12 PM

Jesus no. Did you watch any of the Hawks last season? Brendan Morrison was TERRIBLE for them. Beyond terrible. He scored ZERO points for them, and that included a few games playing in their top 6 and on the PP.

John Scott is even worse, and is probably the single worst hockey player in the entire league. The enormity of his frame might seem tempting, but he isn't even a great fighter, literally cannot skate, and doesn't even play all that physical. He scored a grand total of TWO points (both assists) for the Blackhawks over 2 seasons.

I'd literally rather have Jason Williams and Brad May back over those two.

How about Scott Gomez or Ville Lieno??? :shocking: LOL!!!!

Edited by IllinoisRedWingsFan, 27 June 2012 - 10:13 PM.

#72 Tim.D

Tim.D

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 11:40 AM

Olli Jokinen will become a UFA on July 1st.

#73 Johnz96

Johnz96

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 12:48 PM

I have always had the feeling that we will end up getting Semin. I think a change of scenery and playing with Datsyuk (although his teammates in Washington are no slouches) will inspire him and that he will score 40 goals but fear inconsistency and lackadaisical defensive effort and he seems to always be less successful when things tighten up defensively in the playoffs
Compared to Hudler it is kind of like The Tortoise and the Hare story but if he decides to work hard he could be a monster for us.

Go Hard or Go Home