• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
frankgrimes

If we fail to reload with top UFAs we should?

Rate this topic

Yes, Holland and Iltich persuaded him to go back to school, I am not sure the rules regarding this, I remember the Wings signed Abdelkader while he was at MSU, were they able to do so because they owned his rights? If not, then why couldn't they sign Danny while at WMU for his Senior year?

MSU's season was over when Abby signed.

On that we agree. We need good young RH D's, and he is one. Sign Schultz this year and maybe Widmen? That would give us 3 RH D this year. White is a UFA after this season, so down to 2 again. Dekeyser would be a nice pickup. he does need a season in GR.

Sounds like Semin is a real possibility

From his twiiter account:

Alexander Semin@alexsemin

Remember Detroit press: if I'm Datsyuk's teammate in 1 week, plz use headline "Alex Seminem, aka Slim Sashady, signs with #RedWings." K? Thx

Edit: on second thought - this may be a fake account. I dunno, 15k followers.

Edited by Ozzie30

i really think semin will be a redwing ... gotta believe parise will join that loser crosby now especially since its reported they hung out at the stanley cup game in l.a along with parise's family .... guess crosby banged them all

LMFAO! I think Semin will play here if he is paired with Pasha.

Semin a Red Wing? No way, this guy is lazy and has attitude problems ANd will have a huge KHL offer.

I can't understand, how oeople are afraid of overpaying for Suter & Parise? You need to realize, guys like these two usually don't become UFA's.

So if we have to overpay for Suter, so be it we need him badly. Parise would be outstanding too, but Suter has to become our top prriority.

Guest Hatethedrake!

Didn't Mueller have concussion problems? His stock has gone way down the past 2 years. He was always high on potential but never seemed to show it consistently.

Didn't Mueller have concussion problems? His stock has gone way down the past 2 years. He was always high on potential but never seemed to show it consistently.

Exactly. Good potential and has had 3 straight poor years due to concussions. He seems to be back in form for this year so we could get him for a steal price. Our whole team is injury prone so he'll fit right in.

Ok, according to the 4th period, here are the list of UFA's that Detroit is reportedly interested in....I will leave out the obvious two:

Justin Schultz

Jaromir Jagr

Dennis Wideman

Jason Garrison

Travis Moen

Paul Gaustad

Kristian Huselius

Daniel Winnik

They mention Hudler too, but I really think Hudler will not be here...

...so not including Parise/Suter there are some folks they may be on the plan B radar...interesting they don't list the Wings interested in Semin...

Also I don't know if it means anything or if the logo's of the interested teams are just randomly placed, but the WIngs logo is listed first next to Suter/Parise/Hudler & Winnik... Interesting as well....

Edited by LeftWinger

Honestly, if the Wings miss out on Parise, if they then opted for Semin and Jagr, it could be pretty good for the team too! It's not Parise, but it can be a patch until the next off season when the potential UFA's are a bit deeper...

BTW, anyone given any thought to Brendan Morrison? Could he perhaps have his fire relit being teamed up with Bertuzzi again? Just curios as to a lower level UFA possibility...also how about John Scott for a #7 d-man in place of Kindl?

Edited by LeftWinger

Honestly, if the Wings miss out on Parise, if they then opted for Semin and Jagr, it could be pretty good for the team too! It's not Parise, but it can be a patch until the next off season when the potential UFA's are a bit deeper...

BTW, anyone given any thought to Brendan Morrison? Could he perhaps have his fire relit being teamed up with Bertuzzi again? Just curios as to a lower level UFA possibility...also how about John Scott for a #7 d-man in place of Kindl?

If there was room on the roster for john scott i would take his mammoth of a frame.

Guest Hatethedrake!

Morrison is not what we need and Scott can't take a regular shift without hurting the team. He was terrible for the Hawks last season. I don't want Jagr here. He's too old and we already have an ex superstar who is well past his prime in Bert. We need Parise. If not him than Semin is Plan B. I'd like both but it is unlikely. If no Parise then Kenny has to think trade. For who, I don't know. Columbus will not trade Nash to their arch rival Detroit. Ryan will cost too much. Lets just hope for Parise and then go from there. Honestly, I don't want to think about Plan C or D right now.

Ok, according to the 4th period, here are the list of UFA's that Detroit is reportedly interested in....I will leave out the obvious two:

Justin Schultz

Jaromir Jagr

Dennis Wideman

Jason Garrison

Travis Moen

Paul Gaustad

Kristian Huselius

Daniel Winnik

They mention Hudler too, but I really think Hudler will not be here...

...so not including Parise/Suter there are some folks they may be on the plan B radar...interesting they don't list the Wings interested in Semin...

Also I don't know if it means anything or if the logo's of the interested teams are just randomly placed, but the WIngs logo is listed first next to Suter/Parise/Hudler & Winnik... Interesting as well....

Do you think for even a second that Babcock would like Semin? Kenny probably put that into consideration after the last 3 years of crap and waiting for good pickups after the cup win. Good to see Garrison on the list. He's got a mean clapper, and unlike friendly giant Ericsson, he uses it.

Brendan Morrison = Danny Cleary. Not really what we need right now, unless Naslund signs too lol.

Roy makes sense if you reunite Datsyuk and Zetterberg on the first line. They have been used as centermen on separate lines since after the cup year. Besides Roy is more of a passer than a shooter and we need scorers.

Jesus no. Did you watch any of the Hawks last season? Brendan Morrison was TERRIBLE for them. Beyond terrible. He scored ZERO points for them, and that included a few games playing in their top 6 and on the PP.

John Scott is even worse, and is probably the single worst hockey player in the entire league. The enormity of his frame might seem tempting, but he isn't even a great fighter, literally cannot skate, and doesn't even play all that physical. He scored a grand total of TWO points (both assists) for the Blackhawks over 2 seasons.

I'd literally rather have Jason Williams and Brad May back over those two.

Jesus no. Did you watch any of the Hawks last season? Brendan Morrison was TERRIBLE for them. Beyond terrible. He scored ZERO points for them, and that included a few games playing in their top 6 and on the PP.

John Scott is even worse, and is probably the single worst hockey player in the entire league. The enormity of his frame might seem tempting, but he isn't even a great fighter, literally cannot skate, and doesn't even play all that physical. He scored a grand total of TWO points (both assists) for the Blackhawks over 2 seasons.

I'd literally rather have Jason Williams and Brad May back over those two.

How about Scott Gomez or Ville Lieno??? :shocking: LOL!!!!

Edited by IllinoisRedWingsFan

Guest Johnz96

I have always had the feeling that we will end up getting Semin. I think a change of scenery and playing with Datsyuk (although his teammates in Washington are no slouches) will inspire him and that he will score 40 goals but fear inconsistency and lackadaisical defensive effort and he seems to always be less successful when things tighten up defensively in the playoffs

Compared to Hudler it is kind of like The Tortoise and the Hare story but if he decides to work hard he could be a monster for us.

Go Hard or Go Home