• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Yzerman191

Parise and Suter - how much are they really worth?

Rate this topic

Per Dan Rosen, according to Pekka Rinne, there's a very good chance Suter will sign with Nashville; but since Daryl didn't pick up the phone when Rinne called, who knows? :)

I don't know how to copy tweets, but here's a link to Rosen's page.

"Chatted briefly w/Rinne. He said he tried to call Suter today, but no answer. He still thinks there is a good chance Suter signs w/ Preds."

And there are people who believe the world will end in December too. It's just like, his opinion, man.

So Nashville only spent $52m against the cap last season. They're on the hook for $7m to Rinne, probably another $7.5 for Weber, & it will probably take the same $7.5 to sign Suter. That's slightly over 42% of their payroll based on their internal cap from last year. With what they already have on the books, that would put them at ~$58m and they still need to sign at least 1 more d-man, a backup goalie, & 4 more forwards minimum to put a team on the ice. Unless ownership really opens up the wallet, I don't see it happening. And if they use the same ratio for their internal cap when compared to the actual, their internal cap this year would come in around $56m total.

Edited by ogreslayer

And there are people who believe the world will end in December too. It's just like, his opinion, man.

So Nashville only spent $52m against the cap last season. They're on the hook for $7m to Rinne, probably another $7.5 for Weber, & it will probably take the same $7.5 to sign Suter. That's slightly over 42% of their payroll based on their internal cap from last year. With what they already have on the books, that would put them at ~$58m and they still need to sign at least 1 more d-man, a backup goalie, & 4 more forwards minimum to put a team on the ice. Unless ownership really opens up the wallet, I don't see it happening. And if they use the same ratio for their internal cap when compared to the actual, their internal cap this year would come in around $56m total.

100% agreed rinnes opinion means next to nothing. Anyone on that teams gunna say the same thing. Was just posting the tweet for convenience. And you make a very good point from a money perspective for their team.. We'll see. I for one think he's going to come to hockeytown. Makes the most sense. Even if I wasn't a fan of ours.