Photo
- - - - -

Parise and Suter - how much are they really worth?

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 Krayzie_Bone

Krayzie_Bone

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 11:21 AM

I think Suter might be overrated a bit and will get slightly overpaid but he is a d-man and that tends to happen. I think parise is worth more and should be the Red Wings main focus. They never seem to have a sniper that can put the puck in the net consistantly. Not since the Hossa year imo.

#22 Johnz96

Johnz96

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 11:27 AM

I think Suter might be overrated a bit and will get slightly overpaid but he is a d-man and that tends to happen. I think parise is worth more and should be the Red Wings main focus. They never seem to have a sniper that can put the puck in the net consistantly. Not since the Hossa year imo.

Parise scored a goal every 56 mins of ice-time this year
Franzen scored a goal every 47 mins of ice-time this year

#23 chrisdetroit

chrisdetroit

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,407 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 11:35 AM

Supply and Demand. It's that simple. The supply for these type of players is low and the demand is high. People shouldn't compare the salaries that are paid in 2012 to guys like Kronwall or Franzen whose salaries were negotiated a few years ago. Of course Suter will get more than Kronwall but that doesn't mean that he deserves it.

If Kenny is to get Suter he will have to pay the going rate which is going to be $7M-$8M. Is Suter worth that kind of money? Not in my opinion but that's what the price will be.

As far as Parise, I don't see him coming here. Most likely, he will re-sign with the Devils.
Do or do not. There is no try

#24 fixxxer

fixxxer

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 03:41 PM

If that's true Franzen's stats are heavily skewed in just a handful of games there's no amount of good stats that Franzen has that I would want over what Parise brings and his intangibles. I honestly can't believe you would compare the two.

#25 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,584 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 08:18 PM

Yes, but then Franzen only score 1 goal from March to June after that...:ninja:

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

#26 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 01:03 PM

Per Dan Rosen, according to Pekka Rinne, there's a very good chance Suter will sign with Nashville; but since Daryl didn't pick up the phone when Rinne called, who knows? :)

I don't know how to copy tweets, but here's a link to Rosen's page.
Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#27 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 01:13 PM

"Chatted briefly w/Rinne. He said he tried to call Suter today, but no answer. He still thinks there is a good chance Suter signs w/ Preds."

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#28 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,959 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 01:46 PM

"Chatted briefly w/Rinne. He said he tried to call Suter today, but no answer. He still thinks there is a good chance Suter signs w/ Preds."

And there are people who believe the world will end in December too. It's just like, his opinion, man.

So Nashville only spent $52m against the cap last season. They're on the hook for $7m to Rinne, probably another $7.5 for Weber, & it will probably take the same $7.5 to sign Suter. That's slightly over 42% of their payroll based on their internal cap from last year. With what they already have on the books, that would put them at ~$58m and they still need to sign at least 1 more d-man, a backup goalie, & 4 more forwards minimum to put a team on the ice. Unless ownership really opens up the wallet, I don't see it happening. And if they use the same ratio for their internal cap when compared to the actual, their internal cap this year would come in around $56m total.

Edited by ogreslayer, 19 June 2012 - 01:57 PM.

#29 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 02:00 PM

And there are people who believe the world will end in December too. It's just like, his opinion, man.

So Nashville only spent $52m against the cap last season. They're on the hook for $7m to Rinne, probably another $7.5 for Weber, & it will probably take the same $7.5 to sign Suter. That's slightly over 42% of their payroll based on their internal cap from last year. With what they already have on the books, that would put them at ~$58m and they still need to sign at least 1 more d-man, a backup goalie, & 4 more forwards minimum to put a team on the ice. Unless ownership really opens up the wallet, I don't see it happening. And if they use the same ratio for their internal cap when compared to the actual, their internal cap this year would come in around $56m total.

100% agreed rinnes opinion means next to nothing. Anyone on that teams gunna say the same thing. Was just posting the tweet for convenience. And you make a very good point from a money perspective for their team.. We'll see. I for one think he's going to come to hockeytown. Makes the most sense. Even if I wasn't a fan of ours.

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#30 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,959 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:33 PM

$6.5 over 7 years for Karlsson? Suter gets at least $1m over that I'm thinking.

#31 chances14

chances14

The Magician

• PipPipPip
  • 663 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 06:11 PM

$6.5 over 7 years for Karlsson? Suter gets at least $1m over that I'm thinking.

same here. i think the cap hit on suter's deal will be 7.5 mil

#32 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,180 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 07:51 AM

same here. i think the cap hit on suter's deal will be 7.5 mil

Or sign him for the same 7 years at a nice round $50mil. If Parise makes it to UFA status on 1 July, offer him and Suter the exact same contract and negotiate from there.

Free darkmanx!

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag