• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Richdg

Thinking of Buffalo Wings.....

Rate this topic

There are and have been some rumors around that the Sabers are looking for a true C. They have several good young wingers, but have a gapping hole in the middle. They are also a small market team that has to watch its pennies very carefully. We on the other hand have lots of cash and C's. if we load up at the C position, Filppula would be our number 3 C behind Z and Dat. Point is, there could be some deals that benefit both sides here. if Buf really wants to free up cash, Filppula for vaneck comes to mind. In his 7 year career he has averaged 33 goals per season. has decent size as well. Gives us another scoring winger and them a true number 1 type C. They also have 2 1st round picks. So we could try a Filppula for Stafford and their second 21st (IIRC) pick. Point is, they need what we have and we need what they have. Could be a good dancing partner.......

Strange things have happened! I would say if Holland doesn't land Parise, ANYTHING is possible and something like this could happen...He needs to fill the scoring hole, and he will do that any which way he can! (Right turn Clyde)

BTW: Thanks, now I AM thinking Buffalo Wings! Yummy!

Edited by LeftWinger

Strange things have happened! I would say if Holland doesn't land Parise, ANYTHING is possible and something like this could happen...He needs to fill the scoring hole, and he will do that any which way he can! (Right turn Clyde)

BTW: Thanks, now I AM thinking Buffalo Wings! Yummy!

LOL....gotchya

Guest Crymson

There are and have been some rumors around that the Sabers are looking for a true C. They have several good young wingers, but have a gapping hole in the middle. They are also a small market team that has to watch its pennies very carefully. We on the other hand have lots of cash and C's. if we load up at the C position, Filppula would be our number 3 C behind Z and Dat. Point is, there could be some deals that benefit both sides here. if Buf really wants to free up cash, Filppula for vaneck comes to mind. In his 7 year career he has averaged 33 goals per season. has decent size as well. Gives us another scoring winger and them a true number 1 type C. They also have 2 1st round picks. So we could try a Filppula for Stafford and their second 21st (IIRC) pick. Point is, they need what we have and we need what they have. Could be a good dancing partner.......

Vanek is paid over $7m. This makes him perhaps the most overpaid 30-goal scorer in the league, given that he has no substantial defensive game and is only an average passer. His contract is up in two seasons; how much do you think he will be asking after having been paid so well since 2007? Drew Stafford has had one good season. He reverted back to his usual numbers last season: he's a 20-goal scorer. Those are nice to have, but Filppula just had a breakout season and is better than Stafford at passing and at playing defense. No thanks.

So no, they don't have what we need.

Vanek is paid over $7m. This makes him perhaps the most overpaid 30-goal scorer in the league, given that he has no substantial defensive game and is only an average passer. His contract is up in two seasons; how much do you think he will be asking after having been paid so well since 2007? Drew Stafford has had one good season. He reverted back to his usual numbers last season: he's a 20-goal scorer. Those are nice to have, but Filppula just had a breakout season and is better than Stafford at passing and at playing defense. No thanks.

So no, they don't have what we need.

We need more 20 goal scorers. How many goals would Stafford score if he had a C to get him the puck?

As for vanek, he is about the same as parise. Both are scorers first and formost. We don't need great passers. We need guys to put the puck in the net. Vanek will end up being CHEAPER as well.Also keep in mind both Howard and Filppula are UFA's next year. Stafford would be a good 2line winger for us, and is signed for a few more seasons. Thus leaving some $$ on the table to get Howard resigned.

Edited by Richdg

Guest Crymson

We need more 20 goal scorers. How many goals would Stafford score if he had a C to get him the puck?

Filppula scored over 20 goals and 60 points this season as a winger. Is there any particular reason why we should swap him for someone who can score as many goals but hasn't the same passing skills or defensive aptitude?

As for vanek, he is about the same as parise. Both are scorers first and formost. We don't need great passers. We need guys to put the puck in the net. Vanek will end up being CHEAPER as well.Also keep in mind both Howard and Filppula are UFA's next year. Stafford would be a good 2line winger for us, and is signed for a few more seasons. Thus leaving some $$ on the table to get Howard resigned.

Vanek is not as good as Parise. You would not find any Sabres fan who would say otherwise. And every Sabres fan I know (except a cousin of mine who is in love with the guy) believes that Regier made a massive mistake in matching the Oilers' offer sheet for Vanek. None of them believe that he's worth the price.

Vanek isn't that great imo, the season before last was a disaster for him and I can see him being an off and on type of player throughout his career. No thanks, especially not for 7 mil per.

Derek Roy? Sure if we could convert him to playing wing instead of center. He's the better player when comparing him to Vanek and would probably come cheaper.

I still see any trade in general as a last resort option, why dish out our players and picks when we can sign quality guys without sacrificing any of that? The deal with Stuart happened because it was necessary, not because the Wings are in a trading mindset.

Free Agents are priority #1 and if we do it right no trades are going to happen.

We have a 20 goal scorer in Huds but everyone here has Hudler Hate for some reason. Crym is right...Flip> Staffy I saw...with a good cap hit.

Vanek is constanly injured and very overpaid. Lets talk derek Roy and tehn I would be interested....maybe with the Mule and another player as trade bait!

Same here, In fact I just had that two weekends ago for my 30th Birthday!! Love the Boneless Wings in Hot Sauce!!

I'm more of a traditional wings with bones fan myself, love love love the blazin sauce too. So spicy. Stuff will go straight to your noggan though. Makes my eyes water and I can't think straight...One time I had 20 wings with blazin sauce and I almost traded Fil for Vanek.....Then I had some celery and ranch. *Whew* close one.

I'm pretty sure it's also $.50 boneless wing night, or maybe even $.40 wing night. I don't remember which one is tue/thu.

Traditional Tuesdays/Boneless Thursdays. For my money, spicy garlic is the most underrated sause on the roster. Sneaky good. Sort of the Pavel Datsyuk of sauses when it comes to getting love in the national media over the years.

Traditional Tuesdays/Boneless Thursdays. For my money, spicy garlic is the most underrated sause on the roster. Sneaky good. Sort of the Pavel Datsyuk of sauses when it comes to getting love in the national media over the years.

i tend to agree here...

just dont ever get the Caribbean jerk or you'll feel like a real jerk.

Not a big fan of spicy garlic myself, but the original parm garlic is gooood. Mango habanero have to be my favorite though. I normally go for an 18 piece, 6 bbq, parm garlic, and habanero.

Filppula for Vanek, are you for real? :lol: That's a horrible deal for the Wings.

Edited by Drake_Marcus